Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I think Rock being DLC is a mixed bag imo. If it really is him then it begs the question: What are they going to do with him? Considering Astaroth carries portions of his moveset (particularly his throws), I feel they’d have to rework and introduce a new moveset for him with his axe/mace in order for him to really sell and stand out. If they can do it with Mina they can do it with Rock.

In Soul Blade/Soul Edge & SCI Rock was the original ax man, but Astaroth was favored more for story & gameplay. In SCIII & IV, Project Soul gave Rock a Mace instead of an ax, but 50% of his moveset was still identical to Astaroth's. In SCIII & IV we saw characters that use to play similar to others starting to play a little differently. I think Rock's moveset is going to be reworking to keep the Mace from SCIII & IV. Effort is going to be put into making him different from Astaroth. Project Soul has done a great job of making characters that were similar in SCI & II play differently in SCIII & up.

In Soul Blade/Soul Edge & SCI Rock was the original ax man, but Astaroth was favored more for story & gameplay. In SCIII & IV, Project Soul gave Rock a Mace instead of an ax, but 50% of his moveset was still identical to Astaroth's. In SCIII & IV we saw characters that use to play similar to others starting to play a little differently. I think Rock's moveset is going to be reworking to keep the Mace from SCIII & IV. Effort is going to be put into making him different from Astaroth. Project Soul has done a great job of making characters that were similar in SCI & II play differently in SCIII & up.
I could see Rock as a guard damage machine instead of a second grappler.
But then again I have a small hope they may want to give Cassandra a warhammer so Im not that sure.

Do not forget that the DLC order means nothing. They are releasing Amy before Cassandra despite the order. I feel like they will announce Setsuka at EVO with someone else, maybe that Star character?

But the point of season passes are getting money. So they will not reveal Rock first! They will show the most popular character first to get the season pass purchases. then they can reveal Rock once they've gotten their money.

Haha no refunds suckers! :P

(JK JK JK)

Do not forget that the DLC order means nothing. They are releasing Amy before Cassandra despite the order. I feel like they will announce Setsuka at EVO with someone else, maybe that Star character?

But the point of season passes are getting money. So they will not reveal Rock first! They will show the most popular character first to get the season pass purchases. then they can reveal Rock once they've gotten their money.
I'll start by saying I'm sure everything is subject to change and the order doesn't mean anything, but I still think there's some credence in the pairings of Rock/Li Long, Yun-seong/Setsuka, and Aeon/Hwang. So while they might change it up and have Yun-seong/Setsuka come first, for maximum hype, or Aeon/Hwang first, because they're arguably the ones with the most pre-done work, but I think they'll stick to those groupings, since they make sense.

But assuming the two-month time gaps are accurate, seems like it would be Cassandra being announced and released at EVO.

I could see Rock as a guard damage machine instead of a second grappler.
But then again I have a small hope they may want to give Cassandra a warhammer so I'm not that sure.

Too much work for Project Soul to complete change Cassandra's style & weapon type. SCIII & IV Cassie was more different than Sophie.

But assuming the two-month time gaps are accurate, seems like it would be Cassandra being announced and released at EVO.

Cassandra maybe released in June. Season 2 EVO Announcement

If they released Cassandra in June, and they're keeping the two-month time gaps, then that would mean that they're saving the second customization pack for last, in August, and that doesn't really seem like the note they'd want to end on. Saving Cassandra for last is more finishing off with a bang.

The only thing that ever said Amy was in March was a post like ten or more pages ago in this thread that didn't cite a source or back up the claim whatsoever. All we have is "soon", and 2B was "soon" a month and a half before she came out, so April seems pretty likely. And if Amy is in April, it would then follow that the next CaS pack would be in June, and then Cassandra in August. We already have the two months window as a pattern, but Amy coming in April would solidify it that much more for the last two releases for the first season pass.
Yeah, that's where it was from. Makes sense. Really hope the two month thing won't stick, it's way too long.

I think Rock being DLC is a mixed bag imo. If it really is him then it begs the question: What are they going to do with him? Considering Astaroth carries portions of his moveset (particularly his throws), I feel they’d have to rework and introduce a new moveset for him with his axe/mace in order for him to really sell and stand out. If they can do it with Mina they can do it with Rock.
Thing is, Rock just isn't marketable. All the talk about "We differentiated his gameplay" won't mean much to the casual audience, the majority, who they would be trying to sell him to. Mi-na, for reasons that should be fairly obvious, is much easier to market than Rock. Rock is kinda generic, and many would just view him as a waste. It would probably be better to put a sexy new female fighter than him, much easier to market. A situation similar to why Nyotengu was introduced in the place of normal Tengu. Also, Mi-na was on the base roster, but with Rock, he's not and would need to make money which is much riskier.

Wonder if Cassandra will be wearing a skirt or a leotard. Maybe she’ll have pantyhose. I just hope her outfit won’t be yet another Undergarment for CaS.

Huh, guess the fact that we see much more of her kinda threw me off.
The biggest difference is from her Libra of Soul portrait, which literally just had her head from SoulCalibur IV with her clothes digitally added. Maybe you were thinking of that would be my guess. Very consistent with her Soul Chronicle artwork, though. The mystery of Cassandra is what her arms and lower body look like, same as was for Amy.

But this also begs the question about Aeon and Hwang, because they have their SoulCalibur IV and SoulCalibur designs, respectively, so it's curious if they'll add new designs and patch the art or what they'll do, really. It would be awkward if they didn't get new designs while others did.

Wonder if Cassandra will be wearing a skirt or a leotard. Maybe she’ll have pantyhose. I just hope her outfit won’t be yet another Undergarment for CaS.
My money is on a skirt with hose, personally, considering that's what they wanted to do with her in SoulCalibur V. Probably some inspiration will make it.

The biggest difference is from her Libra of Soul portrait, which literally just had her head from SoulCalibur IV with her clothes digitally added. Maybe you were thinking of that would be my guess. Very consistent with her Soul Chronicle artwork, though. The mystery of Cassandra is what her arms and lower body look like, same as was for Amy.

But this also begs the question about Aeon and Hwang, because they have their SoulCalibur IV and SoulCalibur designs, respectively, so it's curious if they'll add new designs and patch the art or what they'll do, really. It would be awkward if they didn't get new designs while others did.

My money is on a skirt with hose, personally, considering that's what they wanted to do with her in SoulCalibur V. Probably some inspiration will make it.
I think it'll be a leotard with hose to differentiate her from Sophitia. Something like her SC4 1P outfit.

K.

I do wonder if "Stone" actually means Rock though, mainly because I feel like selling Rock will absolutely flop in sales compared to the likes of 2B and Cassandra. For all we know, these codenames may not mean anything. I wouldn't be surprised if there's at least one newcomer in S2, particularly a new female. I mean, wasn't it rumored that they intended to include a barbarian female but couldn't make it due to constraints? Someone tried suggesting it was because she was "too sexualized", but, uh, it's obvious that isn't even remotely a concern for PS let alone a reason to scrap a character. They're not NRS.

So if that rumor is true, "Stone" could refer to the barbarian woman. I still don't know what "Yell" and "Yellow" mean and could be anything. Also, don't be surprised if we get another guest in S2. I'd bet it's Dante to align with DMC5 and he's popular in general (not to mention he was going to be the SCIII guest).

What do you think?

No.

Please, no more guests.

Now is when they announce Amy for March and when we get her, the dlc order changes to have Snow next. Everyone flips their shit because they changed Cassandra for Setsuka. But they release a trailer and it's John Snow coming in May during while the show is airing their last episodes.

Unrealistic, but really cool.

Now is when they announce Amy for March and when we get her, the dlc order changes to have Snow next. Everyone flips their shit because they changed Cassandra for Setsuka. But they release a trailer and it's John Snow coming in May during while the show is airing their last episodes.

Unrealistic, but really cool.

Damn , I forgot about Game Of Thrones ! A guest from the serie might be plausible .

Back