Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Yes, it might be it, as far as I can remember.. it was without bagpipes, more chill and epic-ish, so it might be it, thank you :D
I actually flubbed the timestamp. It should have been 23:50, not 25:50, since that only catches the tail end of the track. But this sounds like the other thing you described in your second post, the mix of various tracks. So I believe this is what you were looking for.

I have a feeling Cassandra could be announced at the Tokyo Battle Stage on July 21 and be released soon after that date so she could be used at Evo.View attachment 63101

For how I see it, she could possibly be announced at any moment between now and the middle of July, but this 21 July thing sounds very likeable to me. She has to be playable at EVO, otherwise it will be a real waste of an opportunity to show her off in my opinion. At EVO you just want to announce a new season (for the game did well with sales as they have already confirmed several times).
The second case, which I don't like very much, is that they want to do something that resembles what bamco did with season 2 of tekken: all at once, reveal of Cassandra (with her being playable the day immediately after) and season 2 with the reveal of all (or the first two) characters.

tumblr_inline_pih0snsly71vpa1cr_540.png

Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the stream
Merrily merrily, merrily, merrily
Life is but a dream

Negative. Season 2. Cass will already be out by then. I'd bet money on it. Mind you, I'm pretty surprised they let E3 pass without announcing her, but she's definetly going to be announced well ahead of EVO; it just makes zero sense (given she must be finished or close to by this point) for them not to have season 1 complete and well-received by the time that they announce the second season; big companies like disctinct messaging when they make these announcements: they don't want people ambivalent/complaining that they still haven't gotten all of the last product before they announce the new one.

so he's gonna be there at EVO. Cass or Season 2 announcement?

Make Harada entering the tournament.

Also SC twitter need to be a bit more active, i mean they haven't post a thing during the entire Combo Breaker aka one of the biggest FG event during the entire year.

That being said, i wouldn't mind Cassandra being save for Evo if they plan to reveal her with another thing super big, i mean like a season 2 announcement with silhouettes.

As I said before the event, E3 is primarily for new games. You'll remember that next time when it comes around again.
LOL, except you've clearly never watched a single E3 press release over the last decade if you actually believe that 'fact' that you pulled out of....thin air. I don't care what incidental tweet of Okubo's kinda-sorta seems to confirm that one company took that approach to the event this one year: hundreds of ongoing support DLC items for continuing IP are promoted at that event, every single year. You'll remember that fact if you ever actually investigate the reality instead of throwing up random speculation...

LOL, except you've clearly never watched a single E3 press release over the last decade if you actually believe that 'fact' that you pulled out of....thin air. I don't care what incidental tweet of Okubo's kinda-sorta seems to confirm that one company took that approach to the event this one year: hundreds of ongoing support DLC items for continuing IP are promoted at that event, every single year. You'll remember that fact if you ever actually investigate the reality instead of throwing up random speculation...

Remind me when a DLC character for Fighting game has been announce at E3? Outside of Smash that is a special case

Tekken? Never , DBZF? Nope , MK? Nah, Street Fighter? Nitch, Marvel VS Capcom? Non

so he's gonna be there at EVO. Cass or Season 2 announcement?
I'm leaning more towards Thiccssandra being announced and released a few days after like the previous CaS DLC. I was pleasantly surprised when they announced that last DLC and it released two days later. With that in mind, it avoids the tired "hype" nonsense that's been beaten out of a dead horse for too long. I expect Thiccssandra to release by early to mid July in time for those going to EVO to have a few weeks of learning her move set and such. Then at EVO, we will learn about season 2 since the game has fortunately sold well. I would like that future DLC are announced and released shortly afterwards to avoid the pain that many posters here are going through, that avoids the impatience and avoids said tired "hype" nonsense. This way, the announcements are more pleasant surprises among the faithful SC fans and releasing shortly afterwards. I also hope we get unexpected surprises too such as additional CaS DLC that is free to give back to the fans that made SCVI happen and helped keep it alive with healthy sales. That's pushing it a bit but I still have that kind of hope. Kappa

Sure, primarily -- but not solely. Look at Square Enix's showcase and the big attention given to FFXIV's upcoming expansion.
Sorry to double post (I merged both responses into one with my previous post to initiate alert to TresDias). To play devil's advocate, Shadowbringers (new FFXIV expansion) has been in development since before Stormblood released nearly two years ago, the amount of content in those expansions may as well be their own games. I've been playing FFXIV since ARR nearly six years ago (hence having Lyse Hext as my avatar) and know the massive amount of content just with the initial release of the expansions and then the patch cycles until the next expansion. It's apples and oranges in this case my friend and I main a DRG (Dragoon for those that play this game).

Last edited:
@Spartan_363
Well, sure, you're right that it's not a one-to-one comparison in terms of content. My point, I suppose, has less to do with the amount of content we're talking about and more who the content is being marketed to.

While I'm sure both Square Enix and Namco hope every expansion or DLC reveal gets newcomers to pick up their games, in either case, we are talking about content that is being directed to people who already have the base game. You can't just buy FFXIV and this expansion, then jump right into the Shadowbringers content.

There are two main ways to raise Evo numbers IMO:

-Announcing a World tour or having a pot bonus would motivate more top players to attend. But I imagine a good percentage of them signed up already so this would add only a small number of entrants. (On the other hand this method would raise stream numbers )

- Alternatively Okubo could appeal to the larger casual playerbase with merchandise, DLC previews, etc. Problem here is how many would spend the time/money just for an exclusive shirt or the chance to play Cassandra early?

I think the first solution would have a bigger impact but would be cost would prevent it from happening.

Back