Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Well, there's so many tracks from across the four disks that are not featured in that trailer, its clear there's a fair bit more music to account for here: and until this tracklist, I'd never seen a full accounting of the music in the game--not even an unofficial fan accounting--so it's hard to say just now how much of the rest is regular stage music and menus (the easy part), how much is one-off tracks or other music unique to the single player modes (libra especially) and how much might be unused or even new music.
A lot of these are definitely going to be tracks used in the story modes and the like, no doubt. However, those four unknown tracks being lumped in with the default stage tracks and the "common" event music raises some questions, at least for me. As for the number of songs, I've actually been thinking about going through the game's music files and counting all of the music in the game (minus guest stuff) to compare to the OST's tracks. If I decide to stop being lazy and actually do that, I'll be sure to post my findings.

Actually, though I'm sure the soundtrack is more than worthwhile, I think there's an underlying, and super disappointing, element to its release that fans of the music may have missed--this seems to indicate that, in some respects at least, they intend this game to be a complete product somewhat soon. At least with regard to the music, they don't see additional forthcoming content. Which rather seems to shut the door on the possibility of stages being added the rather lackluster offerings of the game at present. Sure, they could technically always do another release, but I do the think that releasing this product now does kind of indicate that we are moving past the midpoint (at least) of post-release development. At best I think we will get season two--which, even if its just six characters, let alone possible additional content, is nothing to sneeze at, don't get me wrong.
I probably sound like a broken record saying this, but I think there's still a possibility for one more stage to be added to the game, since there's that vacant spot across from 2B's stage slot. Plus, I think there's leftover files that hint at a cut stage, so they could possibly just finish that and throw it at us as DLC. (Also 2B's stage left the stage select screen lopsided and it drives me nuts lol)

I'm definitely pretty firmly against the idea that there's some sort of conspiracy involved with this soundtrack. The release is super duper ridiculously late, if anything. Most of the time, the soundtrack comes out the same month or the month right after the game comes out, so I don't really understand why it took so long to release the soundtrack. I don't believe we'll have any unrevealed secrets on the soundtrack, and if there are tracks on the soundtrack that aren't in the game, well, it wouldn't be the first time that's happened, either. It may be foreshadowing of a new stage or new stages, but it also may not. I'm not perturbed that the release of this soundtrack means anything, one way or the other. It's probably just late because of budgetary restrictions, that's all.

I just did a really quick count of the game's music files.

And, uh... I jumped the gun when I said that the OST might have unused tracks. There's 71 unique tracks within the files, which is the same number as the OST's tracklist. Rest in pepperoni New Duelists, we barely knew ye.

Ugh. Any time we can expect Cassandra to be announced? I'm really scared it'll be EVO, which on top of a long-ass wait might not allow for S2 unless they announce both. God this lack of communication is killing me.
We might get shafted this time, might have to wait till EVO. I suppose we could hope for a random reveal, but there is the possibility there will be an announcement in a Japanese convention, even if it is kinda small. I don't really pay attention to Conventions that much, especially if they are halfway around the world from me.

Ugh. Any time we can expect Cassandra to be announced? I'm really scared it'll be EVO, which on top of a long-ass wait might not allow for S2 unless they announce both. God this lack of communication is killing me.

If I go with the pattern from last year Cassandra may be revealed somewhere around the fifth of July. If not, well, that sucks.

The only month since the game's release where we didn't get a single thing (whether its a balance patch, CaS items, or a DLC character) is April. This makes me think that there's a reason why Cassandra is taking so long. Either she's coming with her own stage, a massive balance patch, or more CAS parts.

All of this makes me think that we won't get a season 2 announcement until either October (1 year anniversary) or in 2020.

The only month since the game's release where we didn't get a single thing (whether its a balance patch, CaS items, or a DLC character) is April. This makes me think that there's a reason why Cassandra is taking so long. Either she's coming with her own stage, a massive balance patch, or more CAS parts.

All of this makes me think that we won't get a season 2 announcement until either October (1 year anniversary) or in 2020.
Or it could be all three of these. After all, 2B came with all of these (even though the balance update came just before she did).

This makes me think that there's a reason why Cassandra is taking so long. Either she's coming with her own stage, a massive balance patch, or more CAS parts.
Hate to break it to you, but other than prep a few days before the last DLC release they didn't update their test builds on Steam for THE ENTIRE MONTH OF MAY. They weren't doing extra. They just were doing something other than Soulcalibur. They started up again a week and a half ago.

Hate to break it to you, but other than prep a few days before the last DLC release they didn't update their test builds on Steam for THE ENTIRE MONTH OF MAY. They weren't doing extra. They just were doing something other than Soulcalibur. They started up again a week and a half ago.
I assume they have an internal QA team which can test local builds, so hopefully the lack of Steam builds didn't mean they did nothing on SC during all of May.

I wish I could believe that, but I think the reality here is that Cassandra is substantially finished and will be released on her own, and the delay is for the purpose of maintaining consumer focus on the product until they are just about ready to announce season 2. Either that, or Cassandra is not finished because the remaining PS staff are already being re-integrated back into other development teams (as is ultimately done in between SC games at some point). The latter would bode ill for the likelihood of a season 2, needless to say, but I do think the former is most likely, based on what indicators we do have, thank goodness. Of course, it's always possible that PS staff are doing mixed duty between the ongoing support for SCVI and work on other Namco properties, and that's the cause of the delay. But smart developers don't ping-pong their staff around like that, but rather simply scale down team size consistent with the game's development lifecycle, and everything I've ever heard about Namco suggests they utilize this approach.

What I am pretty sure is definitely not happening is that a free stage is coming to us with Cassandra: a stage represents a major investment of resources, and not the type of thing PS/Namco are likely to release as a surprise freebie. I suppose its technically possible that the delay is down to her being finished roughly contemporaneously with a large patch, but I just don't see why they would delay her so long for that purpose--they didn't seem to mind doing back-to-back updates previously, if it allowed them to get DLC out a little sooner rather than bundling it with a patch.

Last edited:
I have a feeling Cassandra could be announced at the Tokyo Battle Stage on July 21 and be released soon after that date so she could be used at Evo.

Guys I have a question about the soundtrack: long before the game was released (july 2018 I think) someone posted on youtube a never released version of the main menu theme, but I can't find it anywhere by now. Some of you have downloaded it or knows where i can find it again ?

Guys I have a question about the soundtrack: long before the game was released (july 2018 I think) someone posted on youtube a never released version of the main menu theme, but I can't find it anywhere by now. Some of you have downloaded it or knows where i can find it again ?
The only thing I can maybe think of is this from the E3 Demo build, but it's still pretty similar if not the same as the final build of the game.

I am one of those who do not like those exagerated effects but I can understand why someone could like them. So I just hope they will give us players the option to turn them on/off or at least in PC the chance to tone them down instead of leaving that to modders as unfortunately always happens.

About the rocks on the floor that appear everytime someone falls... maybe it's just Project Soul/Okubo trying to tease us that one character.

I really hope we can turn that off because it's distracting and I am hating it already. Seriously.

About the music... so far my favorite song from all the ones I've heard is the main menu theme:

Kinda nostalgic.

I mean this exact video that got shut down, it was a sort of pre-release mix-up (?) I don't know lol sorry for the extreme throwback but I just remembered it now and it was a bit different from what we got in the final product

Back