Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Dd7HB7CVMAIoTpu.jpg
Nice to see there's going to be a livestream. This should be nice to help us with the wait until E3, even if it's the same build.

If anyone go to that event they should test the taunts between the characters to see if we get story hints.

Reactions: Pac
I haven't played past SC games competitively, but I can tell you that aside from a few whiffing issues, there is nothing wrong with Raphael's moveset in SCV. He has the tools to deal with almost any situation, has one of the best ranged punishes in the game, has i12 punishes which many characters don't even have, has an insane guard burst game and good throws. He isn't slow at all, nor does he deal weak damage. It's fine if you prefer Amy or dislike Raphael for whatever reason, but I can't stand it when people say things that misrepresent the character. He isn't even close to bottom tier in SCV.

What the fuck is a character auction?

They did one of those for Tekken 7 before release too IIRC. Before the event everyone bids on the character they want to play and the highest bidder gets to play that character, while nobody else gets to. Not sure how it's going to work with the small roster in SC6 but maybe they'll have a limit on how many people will get to play the same character.

I haven't played past SC games competitively, but I can tell you that aside from a few whiffing issues, there is nothing wrong with Raphael's moveset in SCV. He has the tools to deal with almost any situation, has one of the best ranged punishes in the game, has i12 punishes which many characters don't even have, has an insane guard burst game and good throws. He isn't slow at all, nor does he deal weak damage. It's fine if you prefer Amy or dislike Raphael for whatever reason, but I can't stand it when people say things that misrepresent the character. He isn't even close to bottom tier in SCV.
He literally has one favorable match, against Siegfried, his damage is absolutely inexpressive for SCV damage, he is painfully linear and most of his moves depends on a stance that can be interrupted, his CE is a joke and doesn't even complements his gameplay and has a slow wind up to it. His guard burst was good, but he simply didn't have good moves to apply pressure. I don't dislike Raphael, in fact I think he is pretty neat, he simply was not a well balanced character.

He literally has one favorable match, against Siegfried, his damage is absolutely inexpressive for SCV damage, he is painfully linear and most of his moves depends on a stance that can be interrupted, his CE is a joke and doesn't even complements his gameplay and has a slow wind up to it. His guard burst was good, but he simply didn't have good moves to apply pressure. I don't dislike Raphael, in fact I think he is pretty neat, he simply was not a well balanced character.

It doesn't really matter whether his match-ups are favourable or not because it ultimately comes down to player skill. As I said earlier, he can deal with almost any situation so I rarely find myself struggling to come up with alternative strategies, no matter which character I'm fighting. His damage is fine: 3(B), Prep BB already does 38 damage and he can spend meter for counter hits or whiff punishes that deal good damage. Yes, most of his verticals are linear. So? You're supposed to use them at the right time. His horizontals are fine for catching stepping opponents and some of his kicks track both ways as well. His Prep mixups are viable, some characters can't even interrupt. His CE is really good because it's i12 and deals 75 damage. He has plenty of safe moves and pokes to apply pressure, along with a plethora of frame traps. You're simply wrong, he is most certainly a well balanced character in SCV.

That font is really annoying. Moving on from that, it's generally not a good idea to announce that you don't know what you're talking about then start acting like you know what you're talking about. I can tell you that because everything you said is wrong and kind of stupid. So wrong and stupid it doesn't belong in this thread. There's a shitpost thread for this kinda stuff. See ya there.

You are wrong. Plain and simple. The irony of this post...

That font is really annoying. Moving on from that, it's generally not a good idea to announce that you don't know what you're talking about then start acting like you know what you're talking about. I can tell you that because everything you said is wrong and kind of stupid. So wrong and stupid it doesn't belong in this thread. There's a shitpost thread for this kinda stuff. See ya there.

This is a general discussion thread, people were talking about Raphael so I commented. My post belongs fine in here. It's truly pathetic how you're still attempting to censor me because of a personal dislike that has nothing to do with this discussion. Once again, your opinion regarding my text font is irrelevant. Am I supposed to be afraid or impressed by this threat?

This is a general discussion thread, people were talking about Raphael so I commented. My post belongs fine in here. It's truly pathetic how you're still attempting to censor me because of a personal dislike that has nothing to do with this discussion. Once again, your opinion regarding my text font is irrelevant. Am I supposed to be afraid or impressed by this threat?
When you say stuff that's wrong, and do it in an annoying way, people tend to notice.

Raph is legit bottom 3. he doesn't have enough good tools, he has no real way to discourage you from stepping, and his damage is subpar. Aside from that it's generally not a good idea to say you haven't played SC games competitively and then speak about how good or bad a character is.

Raph is garbage.
Nothing says garbage like pokes being -14 on block.

Even has low damage and no real mid step kill to boot

Raph is legit bottom 3. he doesn't have enough good tools, he has no real way to discourage you from stepping, and his damage is subpar. Aside from that it's generally not a good idea to say you haven't played SC games competitively and then speak about how good or bad a character is.

I already said his horizontals and kicks are fine for catching stepping opponents. At least I provided arguments, all you people are doing is disregarding them without coming up with actual arguments. It doesn't matter that I haven't played past SC games competitively, I'm speaking about SCV Raphael.

I already said his horizontals and kicks are fine for catching stepping opponents. At least I provided arguments, all you people are doing is disregarding them without coming up with actual arguments. It doesn't matter that I haven't played past SC games competitively, I'm speaking about SCV Raphael.
So is everyone else. His horizontals aren't especially good. As such, Raph has a hard time dealing with people sidestepping left. Even if they don't, all they have to do is duck vs prep and destroy Raph.

That doesn't even get into his comparatively weak damage (saying "it's good enough" is not an actual argument BTW) or address how Raph has no good answer for taking out someone safely when they're in guts.

I mean, you can say Raph's tools are great, but when you compare Raph to the other characters, he does everything worse than they do.

How I'm still attempted to what now? Have we even talked before? Listen man, I'm dyslexic and half blind and it's already a nightmare to read normally, but when you add some light colored purple shit and slant it sideways, it's just torture. Regardless, you're still wrong about literally everything you said. The comment about your text was merely an anecdotal side point.

Hell, you know what, I'll P A I N S T A K I N G L Y go through every point you made with this obnoxious text and tell you why you're wrong. Let me know if I miss one;

>He isn't slow at all, nor does he deal weak damage.
Both of these points are incredibly wrong. The only thing remotely "fast" Raph has is his WR B (which is i13, and a good move). Other than that he's generally slow as fuck. He has 6BB, a 16 damage i12 move that tracks less, does less damage and is slower than several AA's. Pat's AA is i12 and does 24 damage, for reference. That's 8 damage in guts, friendo. His CE is i12 and 70 some damage, but it has an awful hitbox and that's not particularly unique to him, either. Leixia's does about the same damage with a much, much better hitbox. Doesn't seem to help her much, huh?

Other than 6BB and WR B, he has nothing special. His 2A and 2K are good, but nothing outright "good". 6BB is -14 btw. Raph can get decent damage on CH, but honestly it's negligible.

>He isn't even close to bottom tier in SCV.
Tiers are pretty general, but let me tell you that he is considered almost unanimously to be pretty fucking low tier.

>has i12 punishes which many characters don't even have
Like I said, not that unique nor are they the best.

>has an insane guard burst game and good throws
His guard bust game is not amazing in the slightest. What moves are you using that make you think that? And in a vacuum, his throws are good yea. Why are you just standing up blocking against Raph, thought? If you find yourself throwing a lot of people, it's not because the throws are good, it's because the players are bad.

>It doesn't really matter whether his match-ups are favourable or not because it ultimately comes down to player skill
That's just outright untrue in any case. Of course matchups matter. That's actually the one area where Raph shines, since he has a good match against some better characters like Cerv. If the matchups didn't matter, ZWEI would be king.

>His horizontals are fine for catching stepping opponents and some of his kicks track both ways as well. His Prep mixups are viable, some characters can't even interrupt. His CE is really good because it's i12 and deals 75 damage. He has plenty of safe moves and pokes to apply pressure, along with a plethora of frame traps. You're simply wrong, he is most certainly a well balanced character in SCV.
This entire thing is wrong. Literally ever word. His horizontals are steppable, his kicks don't track for shit, there is NO mixup from Prep (every character can interrupt that shit), his CE is trash because it has no hitbox, safe moves are kind of rare (which is why it's hard to apply pressure in games after SC2 with raph), he does not have a plethora of frame traps (only exploitation of matchup ignorance, I'm seeing a trend here) and all of this makes that last sentence hilariously ironic.

I submit to you, sir, that you have at no point had any idea what the flying FUCK you are talking about. If you wanna keep talking about it, I'd ask you to change your font though, because I ain't reading that shit again.

Last edited:
Back