Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Well, the fact that Voldo isn’t the character you run into the least comes off as a surprise to me. We’re not so extinct after all it seems.

Sometimes the patches don’t even help some of the cast in the game at all. And the inconsistencies aren’t even fixed despite what the notes say. Astaroth’s 22B still suffers from whiffing issues, and in Cervy’s case he’s still a buggy mess with the jank piling up on him every update that goes by.

And it feels like others are feeling very neglected by them, such as Nightmare, Voldo, and the aforementioned Cervy have barely received anything worthwhile. Whereas, others like Ivy get so many different changes (both good and bad) to the point it feels like they’re playing favourites with the updates.

I Actually run into a fair amount of voldos but it’s usually the same players so I’m assuming he may not have a large fan base but a loyal one for sure.
From memory After SC3 a lot of X fans jumped and ran off her ship LOL.

As for the patches I couldn’t agree more as it’s wild the amount of attention (good or bad) some get over others.
And when “planning” for a diverse roster part of that responsibility is moving everyone forward it’s not the same as buffing Raphael and Sophitia while ignoring Amy and Cassandra (for an example).
Everyone is unique with their own fan bases that deserve some acknowledgment.

Everyone is different which requires attention to detail, and I appreciate there’s little time, money and resources but a substantial amount of patches have passed where its obvious some characters are now being neglected.

@DanteSC3

Using Tekken 7’s marketing model as an example is a really bad idea.
Tekken probably has 3 times the amount of interaction/participation on any given level (pro, enthusiasts, casual) it’s ok to starve such a consumer base.

But Soulcalibur 6 is skinny AF and in terms of reliability, it has dissatisfied a lot of players.
Whether that be the lack or excess in patches, the lack of creative content, RE, characters, stages etc

It really isn’t a good idea to ask people for money based on mediocrity and poor communication it sets a bad president for not expecting a good quality product.
And that’s not the type of endgame I’m worried about either.
It’s whether Namco would then want to sustain and help PS with what they need.

@SSfox its really not... patching for online annoyances BECAUSE of a lowsy netcode is what’s destroying SC6 online.
Not to mention the bad hit boxes (tracking verticals)

Last edited:
Tekken 7 lets you use ‘CaS’ online and it’s one of the most populated fighting games right now...

LOL U serious? In T7 you can change your character outfit like in every other fighting game. But you can't change the entire character like in SC6, it's absolutely not the same case..

LOL U serious? In T7 you can change your character outfit like in every other fighting game. But you can't change the entire character like in SC6, it's absolutely not the same case..
If you’re talking about the ins and outs of the variegated hitboxes and damage that player-created characters get, that isn’t something that the general casual player will even know about let alone care about enough to decide against playing the game 😳 SC6 isn’t populated bc the game doesn’t reward player-loyalty, whether that means unlockables, events and challenges, more interaction, better social mobility etc i dont know

If you’re talking about the ins and outs of the variegated hitboxes and damage that player-created characters get, that isn’t something that the general casual player will even know about let alone care about enough to decide against playing the game 😳 SC6 isn’t populated bc the game doesn’t reward player-loyalty, whether that means unlockables, events and challenges, more interaction, better social mobility etc i dont know

Rank Mode, or playing fighting game online isn't even a Casual players thing to begin with. A normal Casual player when they buy a fighting game playing online is the last thing they would do, and if they do they would play 10 matches at max max, of course there is case when that casual player fall in love so hard with the game that they'll stick with it for months or years, but here we're talking about some 1% or less of buyers of the game. A normal Casual buy a fighting game mostly because of stuffs like story mode, and that's a reason why MK is so successful. (7% of players in PS4 played 30 Casual matches or less and less than 50% played Practice Mode in MKX at least once)

Rank Mode is in general for serious players that want to learn how to properly play the game, and those are the numbers of people you're mentioning in T7, those may not necessarily be people that go to tournament but maybe they would to , and if those people realize that playing Rank is pure nonsens (well it would take not that long to realize that to anyone new to the game and that want to play the game seriously).

And i bet you it will ever happen that another fighting game will add a feature like this it will see a huge drop in player base online as well, without mentioning that there will backlash from its communities about those features.

But about what you said about Costume online unlocking and cie i also agree that it would be a good plus, but right now the main issue with SC6 online is the CaS case that i spoke about, this gives hard time for the game to increase in playerbase online imo

Casual players dont play online... what

It’s literally called a casual lobby?
I’m not talking about ranked mode and I never even mentioned it. What’s the point of honing in on a subject that isn’t relevant to what I’m saying omg 😭

You’re probably one of two of the only people I ever see complaining about CaS in SC6. We get it already. But that isnt the reason SC6 can barely even scrape a few hundred simultaneous online players at any given time

Again with that "evil" CaS in ranked. First of all SC player base is way too small to exclude custom characters from ranked, especially since casual lobbies are basically dead (at least on steam). Hitbox changes aren't even that big of an issue considering online envoirment and it can work both ways (I used to play alot with my custom Geralt which was smallest and that was really handicapping). CaS is one of the biggest selling point of this game so again - excluding people from online play is counterproductive. Lastly - if you want to play online seriously at the moment the only decent option is getting good friends and making some solid sets of FT10 or something.

I have to ask if they made a separate mode where you can't use CaS at all (not even alts for the base roster) do you think it will spark more interest in the game?

I have to ask if they made a separate mode where you can't use CaS at all (not even alts for the base roster) do you think it will spark more interest in the game?
In the past, people have asked for a CaS filter where you can only fighting against players who are currently using regular SC characters in ranked match.

Last edited:
I am too lazy to find the underlying reasons but Tekken 7 has been significantly more fun and rewarding to play online matches, even with the crushing frustration of losing streak and getting deranked.

Soul Calibur VI has just never been consistent or smooth like Tekken 7 connection wise for me to even play as much.

Or maybe it's just Tekken 7 having that dummy online queue masks a lot of waiting and keeps you warmed up!?

Okay but no one want's fight "Dorothy" 20 million times without end.
You literally have to play until you get to C rank to escape "Dorothy" and I'd say its safer at B rank. Then (from my experience) you get much less matches on lower ranks too.

As for Tekken it's complete nonsense, there's a panda fighter. No one is going to raise an eyebrow to Alyssa in a Mini Skirt beating up Kuma the ballerina.
Not that I hate it don't get me wrong I love Tekken for what it is but it is pretty tolerable for that franchise since you still have to play with the actual characters plus from my memory the parts are far better on there.

DOA6 DLC is boring as hell but at least it also happens to be the actual characters. Though I think I hate literally all the DOA6 DLC.
...you can also train or play arcade until a match is ready for you online in SC6?
SC6's feels more clunky to me though? I've done it but I've found the transition slow. Truth be told I prefer the way Tekken handles that despite the VS screen being eternal on there.
Or I dunno, text or find some naughty pictures online until you hear the vs. music?
cT35eHf.jpg
I wish Lars was still pretty in T7...
Alyssa will have to do.
He just got the Raphael treatment, I hope the characters look better next game or Lars doesn't look weird, I went to playing anyone else just to not look at him.

Last edited:
@Starringrole truth be told the few times I do training or arcade I feel like I can barely train or finish a fight on arcade (I personally find it annoying that once my match online is over it makes me start over on the stage I was on then having me start mid match.)

Preferably I like to use my phone until I hear I have a match. I was of course offering suggestions.

Uh, I-I don't always look for naughty pics I swear!

You’re probably one of two of the only people I ever see complaining about CaS in SC6. We get it already.

Really? i've seen tons talking about it myself. In french forums there are a tons of people that dislike it and heavily complained about it. And without mentioning Aris video talking about it and that got a lot of likes. And i also know people that were looking forward for the game and then play it for 2 to 3 weeks online to then not play it online anymore because of the CaS everywhere. But sure if you want to think that we're only 2 people in the world that complained about that feature go ahead and think so lol.

But that isnt the reason SC6 can barely even scrape a few hundred simultaneous online players at any given time

Well again i strongly disagree here. In my opinion this is definitely one of the reasons.

Last edited:
To be honest, even as a pro CaS kind of person I would also like an option to have a matchmaking vs regular characters only. I mean, I would never USE it, but it would get whiners off of my lawn :D

For added spice make Inferno legal there. He's a non CaS character, right? No reason to complain ;)

Back