Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Yeah, that reminds me, Harada was promoted to General Producer and has an effect on all Namco games while not being attached to Tekken specifically. I wonder if this is good or bad for SC...

Yeah, that reminds me, Harada was promoted to General Producer and has an effect on all Namco games while not being attached to Tekken specifically. I wonder if this is good or bad for SC...

It will be impossible to tell until we see the extent of how much dlc content and support SC6 gets in comparison to Tekken and dbfz

I just hope this means he'll greenlight more SC games. Granted, I think the series is in good hands after the good sales convinced Namco to allow a second season, but when you learn the series was this close to dying, well... you get worried.

A 17th DLC was added to the Steam database an hour or so ago.

Maybe it's something separate from the season pass like releasing the old seasonal parts for Fall.

Maybe they'll have other purchasing options for season 2 like just a character bundle or just a CaS bundle.

Or maybe it's an error that'll be removed tomorrow.

It could also be some sort of anniversary content, since we're now 1 month away from the game being a year old.

Oh, and speaking of Aeon, here's a question; on a scale of 1 to Soul Charge Kilik, how angry do you think everyone in this thread would be if Axe & Shield Lizardman ends up being paid DLC?

It could also be some sort of anniversary content, since we're now 1 month away from the game being a year old.

Oh, and speaking of Aeon, here's a question; on a scale of 1 to Soul Charge Kilik, how angry do you think everyone in this thread would be if Axe & Shield Lizardman ends up being paid DLC?
Anniversary content for Aeon works, too, considering the halfness that was his style and his obvious meant to be includedness. If he was paid DLC (fourth slot), then I’d be okay with it, personally, and I haven’t even considered for a second that we would really get dual axe Aeon, free or not. He’ll have Xi Sword & Game Shield, per his art, and also the axes for alternative weapons. It’s the reasonable expectation, in my opinion.
If it is Aeon, I would say that cements Rock for character 4. :sc3hwang1: :sc2mit1: :sc3set1: :sc4roc1:

However Rock and Yun-seong would cause at least 2 weeks of toxic content on this thread..

I'm am certain it won't be as bad before the Tarimu reveal like last year.

Hwang is more than fine, as long as he doesn’t replace Yun-seong (so season three).

Fixed.

Oh honey did you forget this rad thread?

I just hope the wait for Season 2 ends up being worth it. After all, with so many changes and things coming to the game when it drops this could be really good or really bad.

Hey think we'll get a gift on the one year anniversary? Some free DLC would be cool.
Ehhh...probably not. Unless it was Aeon/Lizardman to make his fighting style usable.

My wishful thinking wants the anniversary gift to be Soul of Kazuya.

My more realistic thinking thinks it would more likely be a finished lizard or a mimic if it's a character, or legacy costumes if it isn't.

My cynical thinking expects it to be an announcement that there will be an announcement. Soon.

This assuming there's any sort of anniversary surprise at all.

So actually having a look at the SteamDB items, do you think the new entry could be a premature confirmation of a season 3? It's totally offset, the AppID:

874340 - DLC4 - Amy
874341 - DLC3 - Character Creation Set A
874342 - DLC6 - Cassandra
874343 - DLC5 - Character Creation Set B
874344 - DLC2 - 2B
874345 - DLC1 - Tira
874360 - Season Pass

1162200 - DLC14 - Character Creation Set F
1162201 - DLC13 - Grey Character
1162202 - DLC12 - Character Creation Set E
1162203 - DLC11 - Pink Character
1162204 - DLC10 - Character Creation Set D
1162205 - DLC9 - Haohmaru
1162206 - DLC8 - Character Creation Set C
1162207 - DLC7 - Yellow Character
1162208 - Season Pass 2

1163030 - Season Pass 3?

The DLC7-DLC14 will probably be jumbled up, looking at the first season pass, but there's definitely enough slots for it. If it was, for whatever reason, some kind of extra free bonus, it's maybe a little odd that the number is after the season pass numbers, though if it wasn't planned, and a surprise just added, it could still be whatever. It's probably not related to the second season pass, though, if the numbers amount to anything.

So actually having a look at the SteamDB items, do you think the new entry could be a premature confirmation of a season 3? It's totally offset, the AppID:

The DLC7-DLC14 will probably be jumbled up, looking at the first season pass, but there's definitely enough slots for it. If it was, for whatever reason, some kind of extra free bonus, it's maybe a little odd that the number is after the season pass numbers, though if it wasn't planned, and a surprise just added, it could still be whatever. It's probably not related to the second season pass, though, if the numbers amount to anything.

No the numbering doesn't matter at all. They probably get assigned those numbers by steam or something.

Tekken 7 Season 2 content is in the 800,000's for numbering. Tekken 7 Season 3 content is in the 1,000,000's in numbering.

As an aside. they also added 3 dlc files to tekken 7

Back