Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

That's because you're a casual. Don't take that as an insult, we all have our specific reasons why we're invested in the game but for us that are deep into the mechanics the new moves are a huge deal because it changes the game plan of the characters.
Yeah, it's all about the moveset for me. I've been a strong Hwang supporter but if, hypothetically speaking, Yun-seong was revealed instead of Hwang but Yun-seong instead inherits Hwang's moveset then I'm all aboard the Yun-seong hype train. Hwang can rot for all I care because the moveset I want has come back. :sc2ass2:

EFjBaELXkAAnk-0.jpg large.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a bit ambivalent about what seems to be a projectile for Yoshi. I'm wishing for him to gain some decent BT option instead...

did 2b get a new move? i thought she already did that.
Yeah, same for Geralt. His combo looks like 66BB, 6(K), 1AA to me. I'm not sure if it has new properties or anything. Any Geralt mains have an opinion on this?

EDIT: Checked myself, 66BB wasn't a launcher before. I hope something like a property change doesn't qualify as "new move", though.

oh guys btw i dont know if any one noticed but there are monkeys in the background at minute 1:12 LOL
Good catch! Also, there's wolves or foxes at 1:27!

Last edited:
And I'll be sitting here in corner and keep saying that SCIII was the best one even tho it had the worse balance in the series and even tho I played SCIV way more than SCIII (because online)
This may be frowned upon. But my favorite thing to do on SC3 was to use Action Replay and have access to everyone’s styles with any chosen weapon. Fighting with the Siegfried’s Soul Calibur but fighting as Mitsurguri was entertaining

On a side note:
This guy seems to be able to control the time of day of the Indian port stage (at least in training mode):

Does anyone know how he does it? I don't have a YT account and cannot ask him...seems to play on xbox...

That's because you're a casual. Don't take that as an insult, we all have our specific reasons why we're invested in the game but for us that are deep into the mechanics the new moves are a huge deal because it changes the game plan of the characters.
I’m a “casual” by the definition of I don’t pursue the game as a lifestyle, I don’t do tournaments, I don’t do frame data, or anything of that nature, so you could say that, but at the same time, I would disagree with that notion, as I do make it a point to learn all the characters in each game to have fun with and appreciate what everyone brings to the table.

The moves are part of the identity, which is why I’m a bit contrary to some of the more over the top gimmicks that characters have gotten that they truly don’t need, in my opinion. Like Cassandra getting Divine Force while Sophitia, the far more devout holy warrior, remains mostly normal. Sophitia’s new move is along the Divine Force line, looks like, but it would have been far more appropriate to augment her entire moveset than it would to just get one new move for it.

I’m aware that even one new move, if it’s good enough, can change strategy and add more to a character, sure, but a big part of me doubts that these moves are really going to have a large effect across the board. The mechanics changes coming to Season Two seem more apt to do that, assuming as it appears that Reversal Edge will either be changed or a side option added, for example.

All that said, however, I’m still far more looking forward to seeing Hwang than all these new moves. Hwang, with Hwang moves, hopefullly, without some new sparkly over the top nonsense added too. In the event we did get Yun-seong instead, which I doubt, but if we do, then I’d hope he keeps his moves and doesn’t steal from Hwang. It just wouldn’t be right.

It's not just new moves but new mechanic and Okubo said there will be game speed adjustment, and with the changes for RE that will be big deal too, this is quite huge. Also the new alt stages will also bring some fresh feel too (hope there are a lot of those), and of course the new characters are coming. 2P would be great but if they won't the could add few default colors. Very excited about all this aw

I was honestly surprise they showed something at SEA Event considering Invitational is around the corner (technically the biggest SC6 tournament of the year with Evo vegas) , and showing a character reveal in an event like that honestly i would have save it for invitational considering it's the one that most people will watch/follow (not dissing in any way SEA tournament that was pretty neat but you get my point). There's also the possibilty of the anniversary day but you never know specially with Bamco.

Last edited:
i remember okubo said everybody will be getting 1 or 2 new moves. hope he was down playing it. seeing those new moves like seig and azwel just feels so right. soul calibur about that style too

Okubo said there will be game speed adjustment

I really don't want the game to be any faster, the movement speed is already the fastest in the series which I think has hit the perfect sweet spot for the mechanics. I noticed in the trailer that some of the new moves are quite rapid but they seem to be activated with specific criteria.

I really don't want the game to be any faster, the movement speed is already the fastest in the series which I think has hit the perfect sweet spot for the mechanics. I noticed in the trailer that some of the new moves are quite rapid but they seem to be activated with specific criteria.

When i read that i though more on tone it down a very little bit, no way they'll make it any faster, as you said it's already faster than any SC. This actually remind me that T7 was also faster in its first build,i was worried at first but in the end devs def made the right choice on this.

you know i think they made it now soul charged can be activated by doing moves. they took out the whole soul charged animation and just made it so getting into it you just go to do a move. i could be bugging though. maybe they are already in it? but if you look at azwel at the end when he does his new move he turns into his soul charge state with the shards coming out of the body. you have to slow it down to see it

edit: yea i just went back to the season pass 2 and mitsu does what im talking about. this has probably been discussed already though

I thought only the desert stage was increased in size via patch

No it happened to the river stage as well as those were the two biggest offenders. I think the Eurydice stage got expanded as well (I dunno I didn't pay too much attention to the specifics as all I was bothered about was bigger stages) but some remained the same due to stage elements making it timely and costly to adjust hence why the grassland and Geralt's stages are still painfully small.

EDIT:

Internet memory hole makes it a god damn nightmare to find old information but here is an article on the matter of stages being made bigger.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Back