Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

So thick, she could be the last DLC. Kappa
She looks a bit thicker than I remember, but overall quite well done!
Screenshot_2020-01-20 Angol Fear.png

I want new stuff in general, not recycled.
While I agree on principle, there's just so much old stuff missing that by all right should be here, it can't be helped that I'd want them back. The best situation, to be sure, is to have both the great stuff recycled and new stuff, if I could only pick one, I would absolutely pick the great stuff recycled.

I really hope we get some more Asian equipment. I feel like that's especially lacking. I'd particularly like some Korean clothes and armor, I don't think we've ever gotten any of that beyond Yun's and Mina's costumes, if those even count.
This is also a salient point. For as many Asian characters as we have (though it also a point that we have non-Asian characters and it is about cross-world appeal and the journey across Asia to Europe more often than not, having far more Western designs or even just outright fantasy, as well as the modern day stuff, it just seems like there should be more stuff to adequately represent the Asian cultures. Some CaS-specific original designs for Korean stuff would be very nice, as would Filipino stuff to be able to create more natural Talimesque characters, not just females but also males. You can see this as a "problem" so to speak with the Korean disciples you fight in Libra of Soul, they just really don't feel so genuinely Korean, just super generic warriors who happen to wear white and green. You can argue a lot of the NPCs are just hopelessly generic, which is also true, but if we're pipe dreaming, in the pools of ideas for new stuff, this is definitely a great place to start instead of the newest hooker fashion or stuff that would be more suitable for Tekken.

10 Fighting Game Stories You've Slept On For Too Long
In the history of fighting games, one saying has been said more than most. That frequently stated phrase is that fighting games don't have good stories. The saddest thing is that many actually believe this without actually looking into the lore of their favorite fighting game series.
While at face value it may seem like this is true, if you take a bit of time to actually look into these series you'll find that underneath the simple structure you'll find that fighting games have some of the most fun, creative, and extensive lore in videogames. With this list, we'll be hoping to prove that to you.
Soul Calibur is one of the most popular series on this list, especially with more casual crowds. This isn't only due to the series being one of the earliest and most appealing 3D fighting games but also due to the difference in its lore compared to the rest of the fighting games that were on the market.
Placing itself in a more historical setting, Soul Calibur treads some familiar fighting game territory in a different way with different plot devices. The special guest characters add to this story as well.
[1]

10 Fighting Game Stories You've Slept On For Too Long
In the history of fighting games, one saying has been said more than most. That frequently stated phrase is that fighting games don't have good stories. The saddest thing is that many actually believe this without actually looking into the lore of their favorite fighting game series.
While at face value it may seem like this is true, if you take a bit of time to actually look into these series you'll find that underneath the simple structure you'll find that fighting games have some of the most fun, creative, and extensive lore in videogames. With this list, we'll be hoping to prove that to you.
[1]
I’m mildly upset that Smash is at #1.

Waiting for things is the highest level of pain at this point. I have to wait 2 days for EVO, a week for Byleth in Smash, a month for the Three Houses wave 4, and WHO KNOWS HOW LONG until the 3rd character for the season pass. AHAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAA. i'm starting to lose it just give us anything please. scalibur...

Maru guy trailer is to be expect, the real question is are they gonna tease the last 2 or not?

Tbh sometimes i think it's bad to show all characters, but sometimes there are games that shows all characters and it didn't work that bad, like T7 or SFV Season 3.

Back