Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Would be cool to be able to have stage edit files, like if you wanna go back to default then you won't have to redo the whole thing if you wanna go back SC1 music edit or SC2 music edit ect. There's something similar in T7 juxebox

Please, read properly.

I said Alpha was Top 5 but Top Tier was just Viola alone because she was broken. Top 5 in almost every game is Top Tier so there you go.

Again, read....
I did read your post properly. But you’re here saying aPat was NOT top tier despite what the majority says during the days of SCV. aPat had everything you could ask for in his kit. The only thing you had to worry about was the execution barrier. Viola was not the only one sitting at the S tier at all even with her broken loop and her ToD.

Last edited:
SCV has four S tier characters: α Patroklos, Algol, Devil Jin, Viola. To me, they're the strongest in that order. Viola depends more on meter than the other three. None of them are broken though except when Viola does her backturned grab infinite and when a hexed small Algol creation does 3B BE~QI B loops, but those are illegal. I wouldn't be surprised if SCVI Setsuka will be a strong character as well and if she gets a Just Impact mechanic.

Last edited:
Apat was probably better than viola tbh. Saying that those two werent at the exact same spot ,at least, is kinda weird. Just look at his tool set. I mean the guy had a i12 confirm into CE and thats just one of many things

also dj was kinda bad

There a
I did read your post properly. But you’re here saying aPat was NOT top tier despite what the majority says during the days of SCV. aPat had everything you could ask for in his kit. The only thing you had to worry about was the execution barrier. Viola was not the only one sitting at the S tier at all even with her broken loop and her ToD.

There are many tier lists that say otherwise but that's okay.

Fuck SC5.

There, better!!!

SC6 though....

Apat was probably better than viola tbh. Saying that those two werent at the exact same spot ,at least, is kinda weird. Just look at his tool set. I mean the guy had a i12 confirm into CE and thats just one of many things

also dj was kinda bad

Devil Jin has:

• a few safe launchers including a + on block JF version
  • an i10 hit-confirmable punish that can easily ring out or wallsplat
  • an unseeable hellsweep that leads into untechable oki mixups
  • B+KBK/B+KB2K mixup on hit where both enders jail, are unseeable and knockdown
  • 22KK~Fly A+B which is busted as fuck because it's almost inescapable and does 85 damage
  • a safe on block CE

And some other good moves like 66B, 4K, 66B+G and pretty good combo damage in general. You seriously think Devil Jin is bad?

All of that would sound pretty good hu. If it wasnt for the fact that the guy has literally 0 range and cant use any of that shit. Or that most of his moveset is steppable.

There a

There are many tier lists that say otherwise but that's okay.

Fuck SC5.

There, better!!!

SC6 though....
And exactly how many of those lists belong to players that have competed in offline events? And no, saying “Fuck SC5” doesn’t exactly make things better, whether you hate the game or not.

Last edited:
All of that would sound pretty good hu. If it wasnt for the fact that the guy has literally 0 range and cant use any of that shit. Or that most of his moveset is steppable.

He can approach with 66B and 66KA and he doesn't even need to use his entire moveset. Just a few pokes and the moves I mentioned before along with good spacing are enough for him to be a threat. He's not bad only because he has little range lol. But to each their own.

On that topic of tiers, do you think guys Azwell is a bit too strong, some people think he is and should get a slight nerf, thoughts?

Azwel is strong, but not stupidly strong. His 6B+K axe low is very unsafe, some of his stance entries are easy to interrupt and his block punishment when he's standing in Spear & Axe modes isn't that good. The only problem I ever had with him was when his Soul Charge 8wayrun A+B had ridiculous knockback before it was nerfed, but that was about a year ago. I think he's fine. Definitely not S tier or top 5 to me though.

Last edited:
Season 2 japanese weapons
• Dual Ninja Kodachi Swords
• Katana
• Dual Katana
• Katana (Guest character)
• Iaito + Umbrella (likely)

I won't deny that Taki fights very differently than Mitsurugi and Yoshimitsu, but visually there's a potential for a shotoclone problem.
I feel like all the japanese fighters all fall into the overall same weapon family of swords (when there could have been a lot of different japanese weapons featured).

• Kusarigama
• Kanabo club
• Dual Sais
• Naginata (though Seong Mina is close)
• Nodachi ( I guess this one isn't that different)

if they made DLC weapons they could fix this issue easily. I mean, most of the cast already has one less weapon than X and Nightmare by default

And exactly how many of those lists belong to players that have competed in offline events? And no, saying “Fuck SC5” doesn’t exactly make things better, whether you hate the game or not.

I hate SC5 FYI. (Nobody cares anyway, as it should be) The tier lists belong to offline players.

That's not the topic. I don't wanna talk or entertain SC5. Fuck that crap game.

SC6. General discussion about SC6.

That's the topic.

Back