Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

That’s why I think PS should stick to more realistic weapon styles and less magical floaty things.

Azwel is still Top Tier.

And IMHO, still a mistake. But, oh well, gotta deal with SC's Rasputin.

And agreed. There are still the Sais, Kusari-Gama, Tri-Staff, among others.

Last edited:
It's funny how even after all the nerfs Azwel is pretty strong. There is something about those Pokémon characters that just make it either difficult to balance or simply unhealthy for the game

Unfortunately.

Is even worse that this game has the strongest versions of Siegfried, Mina and Raphael but for some reason, Azwel's shadow overwhelms them.

Maybe if Algol shows up later, Azwel's impact may decrease.

On that topic of tiers, do you think guys Azwell is a bit too strong, some people think he is and should get a slight nerf, thoughts?

Azwel has been nerfed a few times since Vanilla but that's our slightly less powerful version of Leroy Smith. His design would only put him as low as High Tier.

He will never be Low Tier bad by design.

Azwel is strong, but not stupidly strong. His 6B+K axe low is very unsafe, some of his stance entries are easy to interrupt and his block punishment when he's standing in Spear & Axe modes isn't that good. The only problem I ever had with him was when his Soul Charge 8wayrun A+B had ridiculous knockback before it was nerfed, but that was about a year ago. I think he's fine. Definitely not S tier or top 5 to me though.

He was ridiculous in Vanilla and only slightly lower than Raphael who was just on another planet.

And yes, he still is competitive. To me, he is Top 5 still.

But props to the balance team. They are doing a very good job of character balance for SC6. One of the best balanced in the series as it is right now.

Last edited:
I hate SC5 FYI. (Nobody cares anyway, as it should be) The tier lists belong to offline players.

That's not the topic. I don't wanna talk or entertain SC5. Fuck that crap game.

SC6. General discussion about SC6.

That's the topic.
Yet if you read the first post back on page 1, we’re allowed to discuss anything SC related (even SC5) not just strictly SC6, especially when we want to compare SC6 to the previous games. So, if you don’t like talking about SC5 then just stay out of it until the topic dies off.

Also, edit your posts instead of just quintuple posting when replying to multiple people. It’s honestly pretty distracting and an unnecessary waste of a page.

Yeah her new "passive" is good. I like the changes to her charges. Im just glad B+K actually has a use now. SC5 Hilde's version of it was useless except in situational instances.
-------
As far as Setsuka is concerned, I hope they keep the umbrella. Its part of her design. I hope they dont give her some sort of gimmicky thing like Amy. I also hope one of her recolors, if not base, is more like her SC3 iteration.

Are you fucking stupid? I'm not talking to anyone else about SC5. I was replying to you and I STOPPED.

Mira jodio pendejo, si quieres hablar basura y guillarte de moderador, cagate en tu madre y vete a la mierda. Si tanto te preocupaba el asunto, (que obviamente no) me hablabas por PM cualquier cosa, en vez de tratar de hacerte el listo conmigo.

De nuevo, pudrete. Por fucking imbecil que eres!!!

Idiota.
I could ask why cursing and insults in Spanish, but it certainly makes it more amusing albeit silly and unnecessary at the same time.

And quite frankly, no I wasn’t even trying to get a rise out of you. Besides, you did that yourself with that escalated rage in Spanish. But thanks for that. I’ll give you credit for knowing how to make a guy laugh. Until next time mon ami.

Siegfried and Nightmare have one of these already, though it's an alt weapon.
I guess instead of Nodachi i really meant Nagamaki. Siegfried's looks literally like a proportionately longer katana. I was thinking one with a blade only about 25% longer but the hilt is 2x as long as a Katana

There's something unique about a Nagamaki where the handle is almost the same length as the blade. Its not quite a pole arm and not quite a your standard katana.

However Nodachi/Nagamaki is about on the bottom of my japanese-weapons list, since its not nearly as unique as the other suggestions. I'd just rather have that instead of 3 katanas thats all.
Mitsurugi's broadswords have been an excuse for not having a Western swordsman for a forever long time, so I would count it.
Yeah now with Geralt as a guest character maybe they can re-cycle some of his animations.

Last edited:
He was ridiculous in Vanilla and only slightly lower than Raphael who was just on another planet.

And yes, he still is competitive. To me, he is Top 5 still.

But props to the balance team. They are doing a very good job of character balance for SC6. One of the best balanced in the series as it is right now.

The balancing is indeed good in this game, no characters are broken or low tier besides Inferno. No, Tira is not low tier. You either can't see her strengths or you haven't fought any good Tira players, or both. And SCV is not a bad game, why do you act as if that game murdered your entire family?

So ive been out of the loop, how do we feel about Hilde? Personally I feel like shes pretty good. Her whiff punishes feel nice and she hits hard than I thought

She has some good tools, but she is a B tier character. Her punishment is quite good, but she has only one dangerous low (SPR FC 3KBB), her oki game isn't that good in neutral (only after combos) and she has one of the weaker Soul Charges in the game. She can do crazy damage with some of her lethal hits, but they involve hard reads/specific setups so they're not easy to do. Her standard combos do decent damage, but 22B+K scales heavily. One combo involving her C6BB+K after 22B+K only adds a few points of extra damage compared to the shorter combo that doesn't use up her spear stack even though it clearly looks like it's stronger. Also, her ring out game isn't that good, she was only ever a ring out queen in SCIV anyway. She just isn't as strong as some other characters.

Her B+K was always useful. It's not very unsafe, knocks down on hit, tech crouches, deals some good guard damage and can guard crush. The move is actually superior in SCV. In that game, it's almost impossible to block punish because it's only -10 and does a lot of pushback (only α Patroklos CE & Cervantes CE can punish it). The base damage is also slightly higher and it can clean hit. Yes, clean hits, those moves that can randomly do extra damage which isn't a mechanic in SCVI. Most characters can punish it in SCVI because it's -12 now and does less pushback. The only advantage it has in this game, is that they gave it a lethal hit property. That sounds good, but you can only do it after KO'ing someone with a CE so you won't be seeing it often.

I also like the changes to her charges. The timed versions in previous games are awkward and restrictive though I can understand if it upsets some players because it makes her a bit less difficult. I myself only started playing her in SCVI. And her design looks good in this game.

Last edited:
The balancing is indeed good in this game, no characters are broken or low tier besides Inferno. No, Tira is not low tier. You either can't see her strengths or you haven't fought any good Tira players, or both. And SCV is not a bad game, why do you act as if that game murdered your entire family?

She has some good tools, but she is a B tier character. Her punishment is quite good, but she has only one dangerous low (SPR FC 3KBB), her oki game isn't that good in neutral (only after combos) and she has one of the weaker Soul Charges in the game. She can do crazy damage with some of her lethal hits, but they involve hard reads/specific setups so they're not easy to do. Her standard combos do decent damage, but 22B+K scales heavily. One combo involving her C6BB+K after 22B+K only adds a few points of extra damage compared to the shorter combo that doesn't use up her spear stack even though it clearly looks like it's stronger. Also, her ring out game isn't that good, she was only ever a ring out queen in SCIV anyway. She just isn't as strong as some other characters.

Her B+K was always useful. It's not very unsafe, knocks down on hit, tech crouches, deals some good guard damage and can guard crush. The move is actually superior in SCV. In that game, it's almost impossible to block punish because it's only -10 and does a lot of pushback (only α Patroklos CE & Cervantes CE can punish it). The base damage is also slightly higher and it can clean hit. Yes, clean hits, those moves that can randomly do extra damage which isn't a mechanic in SCVI. Most characters can punish it in SCVI because it's -12 now and does less pushback. The only advantage it has in this game, is that they gave it a lethal hit property. That sounds good, but you can only do it after KO'ing someone with a CE so you won't be seeing it often.

I also like the changes to her charges. The timed versions in previous games are awkward and restrictive though I can understand if it upsets some players because it makes her a bit less difficult. I myself only started playing her in SCVI. And her design looks good in this game.
I used her b+k alot in 5 cus of the reasons you stated plus it tech crouches if im not mistsken but i mean in terms of air combos

I guess instead of Nodachi i really meant Nagamaki. Siegfried's looks literally like a proportionately longer katana. I was thinking one with a blade only about 25% longer but the hilt is 2x as long as a Katana

There's something unique about a Nagamaki where the handle is almost the same length as the blade. Its not quite a pole arm and not quite a your standard katana.

However Nodachi/Nagamaki is about on the bottom of my japanese-weapons list, since its not nearly as unique as the other suggestions. I'd just rather have that instead of 3 katanas thats all.

Yeah, I'd love a nagamaki-wielding character as well. Also, at some point in development (SC), it was obviously considered:

Also, I think Yashamaru Kumara made it work beautifully in SamSho:

I (sadly) don't consider this a high-chance addition, though, given that another blade style might fail to attract mainstream interest. I guess the more unusual the weapon/fighting style, the more likely its addition...

Last edited:

I play Tira and know her.

Right now, she is the worst IMO. (Low Tier but usable)

At Evo Japan, Shen Chan used her and what I saw is that he clearly took advantage from lack of matchup knowledge from the opponents.

Shen Chan is a beast but he was playing Tira with shenanigans. There are many times certain things shouldn't hit like the Jolly FC3A or the B+K low, or obvious attempts of SC throw hitting.

Show me high tourney matches where a good Tira player is doing her thing and isn't just benefitting from lack of knowledge from the opponent.

She's a lot more solid than Amy or Cassandra. Her new gimmick isn't overtly pervasive in the same way, and I hope that's an indicator of what's to come.

Ah Ok. And hows that ? Amy is completely braindead cancer atm and cass has been pretty unga since release and really only lacks in range which she doesnt struggle with too much either since she can just AS in. Hilde on the other hand has some big damage punishes and launchers but they are avoidable. Her long range options are all steppable verticals and her frames arent exactly good on block/hit either.

Back