Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Also, come up with something more original than her Naruto-esque story line.

Even tho it was copy past Naruto but i actually liked it, maybe give her some other new motivation to make her feel less copy paste could be cool for the character.

PS: Not really interested about the character, but not against it either.

I feel bad that you guys were hyping up setsuka last week. It seems to have made the setsuka fandom enraged on twitter....

I know the patch thing on steamdb looked like good news last week but this week we have the update to that DLC file that autumn pointed out.

So at least we have something more concrete! It seems that it could be 2 weeks to 1 month before setsuka drops though. That is usually the timeframe from these steam dlc files for SC6

I personally loved Natsu, even if there were shades of Naruto in there, it felt like she had a real personality and potential to develop into a beloved character as she matured and garnered experience, but sadly, SoulCalibur V wasn’t finished and she never got the chance. And as has been pointed out, her 2p was quite unique and had her own flair, though I thought the pink and turquoise accents on her armor already did see her apart from Taki a bit.

Taki was always kind of boring, just a ninja with huge breasts and that’s really about it. She’s “cool”, whatever, but her story relevance past SoulBlade is hardly of more prevalence than Setsuka after SoulCalibur III. But at least what Taki did was important initially, unlike Setsuka’s petty revenge plot.

But Natsu, aside from the fact we didn’t get to see her interact with Taki, had the honor of being in the new blood traveling companion group, instead of Kilik and Xianghua, there was Xiba and Leixia, with Maxi getting the mentor role (apparently no one wanted to step up and take his place?), and then Natsu gets to travel with them too, for sone reason. It makes me wonder what if Taki had traveled with Kilik and Xianghua, how that would have worked out? Being in the heroic group gives you tons of spotlight.

I feel bad that you guys were hyping up Setsuka last week. It seems to have made the Setsuka fandom enraged on twitter....

I know the BudLight finals would've been perfect with a pre-recorded video of Okubo wishing us well in the COVID times & then the Setsuka trailer played. A missed opportunity indeed. Last week, I was thinking that Setsuka account was saying "Release Setsuka" because of the BudLight finals hype. Then, being disappointed he ranted last Monday trashing Project Soul saying they were "lazy"(Steam updates isn't being lazy) & said COVID was just an excuse.(Downplaying the pandemic was very disrespectful)

I know the patch thing on Steamdb looked like good news last week but this week we have the update to that DLC file that autumn pointed out.

So at least we have something more concrete! It seems that it could be 2 weeks to 1 month before Setsuka drops though. That is usually the timeframe from these steam dlc files for SC6

Maybe Namco might having a event like "FUN", but with just for SCVI, T7, & DBFZ to discuss new content for those games during what was EVO weekend because it's a week after "FUN" is over. An announcement with Okubo make a reveal much more exciting. I remember he wasn't at the Asian League finals due to a typhoon, but after the event was over he showed another preview of SCVI S2 showing Soul Attacks & saying every character at least got new moves. Okubo told everyone to wait and we should just be patient because SCVI going 4 months without a DLC character isn't new. Remember Cassie was saved for EVO US 2019, 4 months after Amy's release. When I saw the Haohmaru release date for the end of March 2020, I was thinking Setsuka was going to be saved for EVO US 2020 in some capacity.

and then Natsu gets to travel with them too, for sone reason.
Judging by unused voicelines, she (with Leixia) ended up being brought to them due to:
A. Maxi has a Soul Edge fragment on his body.
or
B. Xiba has this 'evil' energy in his body, so he is always hungry.

We have already seen that during Libra Soul Taki ends up appearing due to the powers of Conduit, just as she tried to fight Kilik in Story Mode, probably Natsu is doing it for her, and ended up seeing that Xiba was harmless.
"I guess you're not evil after all. So who are you?"

I believe that if the game had been completely finished we would start as Xiba, Maxi, Leixia & Natsu and end as Patroklos, Pyrrha, Z.W.E.I. & Viola. But the budget and time ended up giving us only Patroklos, Pyrrha and Z.W.E.I..

Judging by unused voicelines, she (with Leixia) ended up being brought to them due to:
A. Maxi has a Soul Edge fragment on his body.
or
B. Xiba has this 'evil' energy in his body, so he is always hungry.

We have already seen that during Libra Soul Taki ends up appearing due to the powers of Conduit, just as she tried to fight Kilik in Story Mode, probably Natsu is doing it for her, and ended up seeing that Xiba was harmless.
"I guess you're not evil after all. So who are you?"

I believe that if the game had been completely finished we would start as Xiba, Maxi, Leixia & Natsu and end as Patroklos, Pyrrha, Z.W.E.I. & Viola. But the budget and time ended up giving us only Patroklos, Pyrrha and Z.W.E.I..
Probably would have had Algol as the last boss instead of Elysium too.

Here is a swimsuit design I did recently. What do you think? Will upload it to Deviantart and Instagram soon.:sc1sop1:

Attachments

• 203370F5-A117-4A6D-962D-5A067F36B8BB.jpeg
    203370F5-A117-4A6D-962D-5A067F36B8BB.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Probably would have had Algol as the last boss instead of Elysium too.
I dunno. Algol’s inclusion was weird at all in SoulCalibur V, where he seemingly has no ties to the main story, so it’s possible, but wouldn’t the destruction of Soul Calibur and Soul Edge in the Patroklos/Pyrrha ending also take away the source of Algol’s power? They never really defined it, though he definitely is drawing upon both swords for his weapons. But he still had the SoulCalibur IV variants, too, so... I’m not entirely sure.

I dunno. Algol’s inclusion was weird at all in SoulCalibur V, where he seemingly has no ties to the main story, so it’s possible, but wouldn’t the destruction of Soul Calibur and Soul Edge in the Patroklos/Pyrrha ending also take away the source of Algol’s power? They never really defined it, though he definitely is drawing upon both swords for his weapons. But he still had the SoulCalibur IV variants, too, so... I’m not entirely sure.
Well it is said he was trying to corrupt the real world with the energy of Astral Chaos (and reclaim Soul Edge and Calibur as his again) which prompted Edge Master to step in and try to stop him (which at least explains why Edge Master is in Astral Chaos in the story). Perhaps a chapter was being planned there.

Algol’s source of power has differed as time went on. First it was Soul Edge and Calibur during the sword clash from SC3 and Algol’s soul gained a fraction of it. He just seeks both swords themselves as a means of making his new body permanent to walk among the mortal realm. By SCV he now uses the Astral Chaos as his source of power and can create whatever body he wants for himself. The mini Soul Sword weapons were created by him.

And regards to Soul Edge and Soul Calibur it’s never really been explained whether they were destroyed or not by the end of 5 as all we’ve seen is that they just disappeared after Pat and Pyrrha used them to close Astral Chaos. They could have been sealed within Astral Chaos as well but considering the story was never finished we’ll never know...

I am designing a beach/swimwear outfit for Hwang:sc3hwang1:. What do you think he should wear?

On topic: I feel Algol should be teased in the DLC character stories and make an appearance in SCVII as SCII-SCIV took place in the same timeframe.

Well it is said he was trying to corrupt the real world with the energy of Astral Chaos (and reclaim Soul Edge and Calibur as his again) which prompted Edge Master to step in and try to stop him (which at least explains why Edge Master is in Astral Chaos in the story). Perhaps a chapter was being planned there.

Algol’s source of power has differed as time went on. First it was Soul Edge and Calibur during the sword clash from SC3 and Algol’s soul gained a fraction of it. He just seeks both swords themselves as a means of making his new body permanent to walk among the mortal realm. By SCV he now uses the Astral Chaos as his source of power and can create whatever body he wants for himself. The mini Soul Sword weapons were created by him.

And regards to Soul Edge and Soul Calibur it’s never really been explained whether they were destroyed or not by the end of 5 as all we’ve seen is that they just disappeared after Pat and Pyrrha used them to close Astral Chaos. They could have been sealed within Astral Chaos as well but considering the story was never finished we’ll never know...
What you said makes a lot more sense than the execution done in SCV.

The examples provided, Natsu and Z.W.E.I., were fun to speculate about, because we didn’t know if they were newcomers or returnees, since the full roster wasn’t out yet, so there was a wide spectrum of ideas and thoughts. If they give silhouettes of Setsuka and Hwang, they’ll be super obvious and I don’t think would generate much discussion. Same for a season three possibility of Aeon, Rock, and Yun-seong (or even Algol, Li Long, and Dampierre). There would be no mystery appeal. The fourth guest would be the only one with maybe any intrigue in a silhouette reveal, at this point.

Back