Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

This is in response to a topic in the News and info thread, I decide to reply here to not clutter that one.

Cassandra's moves are more shield oriented and aggressive than Sophita's. Since she was first introduced Cassandra has always been different to Sophitia, as games went on she became even more different. They have both use Swords and Shields but that's where the similarities end. If they want to reuse some of Patroklus' moves to make her even more different then that would be cool. I hope that the butt CE never comes back.

Wasn't the Soul team planning to change her up quite a bit for SCV but that never happened? They might still do that in SCVI.

Did Sophitia get any moves from Cassandra that she never had before? That could be an indicator of whether Cass may be included.
To me Cassandra has always come across as a hot head compared to her sister which is why I feel like she's complementry to Sophita rather than a clone. It's like Kazuya being calm and collective while Heihachi is about raw power even though they're both Mishima Karate.

@Crimzin Maybe they could do more to separate them by emphasizing their different priorities in their moves, like emphasize more of the Shield Strikes and Thrusts with it to her moveset while giving Sophitia more Sword striking moves.

To me Cassandra has always come across as a hot head compared to her sister which is why I feel like she's complementry to Sophita rather than a clone. It's like Kazuya being calm and collective while Heihachi is about raw power even though they're both Mishima Karate.

Yeah she is already more aggressive, while Sophitia is more graceful. This reboot provides the opportunity to change up Cassandra a bit more if they want.

@Crimzin Maybe they could do more to separate them by emphasizing their different priorities in their moves, like emphasize more of the Shield Strikes and Thrusts with it to her moveset while giving Sophitia more Sword striking moves.

Yeah she uses the shield to attack more that Sophitia so that could be a natural progression. I think making Cassandra's shield bigger too would be good, it would visually show that she uses it more just by looking at her.

I've always felt the Alexandra's shields were too small especially when I looked up real Greek shields.
sophitia_cassandra_by_yunakingdom.jpg

As you can see below the Greek shields cover most of their body while the Alexadra's shields barely covers their arms.

facts01.gif

309295_1285782170_large.jpg

A big shield would be visually striking and there would be less comparisons to her sister. Imagine her doing her shield throw grab with those large shields!

I would also still give her some of Pat's moves too. While I hate him, his S&S moves shouldn't be completely lost.

Last edited:
@TekkenLover How are the moveset clone comparisons going? Have you reached a point you can contrast Sophie/Cassie?

The series hasn't progressed much because school has become significantly more serious. I'm not longer in filler classes and can't afford to mess up.

Additionally, the slow news cycle has really crippled my interest in the game. I'm not less excited or anything but it's really difficult to stay excited 24/7 when we are so desperate for news that we consume and spit out fake leaks about anime characters joining the ranks of SCVI.

I need some real news about the game to get me excited again to edit these videos. If there is a release date I can go back to editing the videos to have them all out before the release of SCVI.

I know that's not the news you wanted to hear and I sincerely apologize. I will swear to you that I will complete the series though.

I feel like it would be better to find people who are competent enough and just do player matches. Unless they go the Tekken route, I don't think ranked would be good for that.

Not really since you can always create private lobbies where you and a friend can have an online FT5 (or 10) against one another.

And in general it's by Rank that you meet those kind of people.

I'm not a Rank grinder myself, but sometimes it help and it's a good beginning at least.

Yeah she is already more aggressive, while Sophitia is more graceful. This reboot provides the opportunity to change up Cassandra a bit more if they want.
I don't know about making it bigger, as she is also more agile than Sophitia as well, I was thinking more on have her just use her shield more like a bat in a way to ram and punt enemies with more variation, like a mini riot shield. Having a larger shield might make her slower.

I feel like it would be better to find people who are competent enough and just do player matches. Unless they go the Tekken route, I don't think ranked would be good for that.

It seems she has a new animation for TAS B:4? I'm not sure about the notation, but she does have a shield bash uppercut thing. That's really the only thing remotely Cassandra-esque. Any other moves are moves they've always shared.

Sophitia now has AS B:B as well as AS B:4.

Reactions: CFW
Sophitia is like the straight sword shield fighter while cassandra was more randomish. Girl have both shield and sword but sometimes she just decide to attack with shield instead of sword haha, i found it quite interesting specially with her persona.

I think Cassandra's shield is the right size, because if it were any bigger, her acrobatic flips would look less realistic. She does rely on speed and agility, and a large shield would hinder that. Maybe she could have some kind of blade welded onto the shield to represent her shield-dominant fighting style.

When it comes to her butt moves, I found the CF a bit too much, but her two other moves where she utilizes her butt are fun.

As she is my main, I sincerely hope she will be included in the game

No need to change the proportions of the weapons of the Alexandria sisters, their moves and persona's are enough for them much like say Siegfried/Nightmare, Kilik/Seong Mi-na, Asteroth/Rock, Raphael/Amy. Also I honestly like these type of varients of the same weapon for different characters, doesn't work for all character as some are truly unique but those that are official varients are excellent.

Well Sophie can still have the rod but it’d be neat if there was more variety in weapons. Really want a spear for Kilik since Mi-Na and Hilde seem like lower priorities.

Was Cass even hightier? I'm not understanding how the threads always go back to discussing her.
Cassandra was always high tier, she was slightly less safe than her sister but outside TAS B TAS B 4:, which dealt a about half the health bar damage wise, she had better damage output and a better rig out game, she did have worse guard damage.

One change to Cassandra that could potentially be interesting would be changing her sword to a short mace? That would lend to the more aggressive aspects of her fighting style, I think. Certain moves would need reworking, of course, but I feel like her fighting style would pretty much remain unchanged.
Not that I'm advocating for a weapon change or anything, just an idea I had.

I don't see what's so bad about having a couple of characters use the same or very similar weapons. As long as the movesets are unique, I think that's what is important. I like the idea of a character using a mace or a big shield, but I think that's better suited for a new character. Cassandra would need big changes to her animations for either of those weapon changes to look good and I'm worried that Namco would end up drastically changing her moveset as a result.

I think Namco's done a good job keeping movesets unique compared to other fighting games. Early fighting games would fill the roster with a lot of characters who were essentially clones, and some modern fighting games still have that problem (Street Fighter has several characters who are using the same special moves as Ryu just with slightly different properties).

I'm also worried Namco will quickly run out of ideas if they're forced to give every character a unique weapon. I like that most of the fighting styles in SC are based on weapons which actually exist in real life, but they might end up going all-in with bizarre fantasy stuff if every new character must have a weapon not seen before. Like in SC5 where the new weapons introduced were floating balls and a flying wolf thing.

Back