Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

sytus

[11] Champion
So I've been looking at the details of Mina's costume and the more I've look at it the more I'm starting to dislike it. I'm probably alone in this but I really think the bikini straps let the elegant design of the constume down, they just look tacky. The costume IMO would look so much better if the black strap bra line was thicker and the straps for her thongs were hidden. I luv me some fan service but these things have the same tacky look that I hated about Ivy's SC4 constume.

Ramus

[14] Master
Gamescon also fall in the 2 week period between reveals they seem to be working around, not only that it will be I think around 8 weeks before the game hits, which also mean the it will be one of the final 4 reveals (I imagine the 2 weeks before the game hits we will be getting an open beta, it just makes good sense).

So if I had to beat, Gamescon maybe one character, but game modes might take priority.

After two weeks 1 character, most likely Hwag, and so on making 4 characters to be revealed in total and boss characters will be only revealed after the game releases.

KONMAI

[05] Battler
Isn't that mode related to the character creation system? i haven't played it much in sc3 but if thats the case then they definitely need to reveal character creation with it. That would actually make sense, now that i think about it.

We're halfway through the week, a little over a week to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want this game now :'(
Possibly. We have two other game modes left to reveal. On one hand, maybe CaS is not considered a "mode" and will be bundled with the next reveal, or it is and we get it announced at a later event.

DanteSC3

[14] Master
So I've been looking at the details of Mina's costume and the more I've look at it the more I'm starting to dislike it. I'm probably alone in this but I really think the bikini straps let the elegant design of the constume down, they just look tacky. The costume IMO would look so much better if the black strap bra line was thicker and the straps for her thongs were hidden. I luv me some fan service but these things have the same tacky look that I hated about Ivy's SC4 constume.
Yeah, I know what you mean and I agree. It's why I hope that the 1p/2p parts will be available in CaS and properly, too, so we can keep the outfits they have, but "fix" them with some custom tailoring that honestly shouldn't have to be done but would improve the original designs without making all new custom outfits. Which is also nice that we can do, but CaS parts are never going to be as elaborate as the actual outfits the main characters wear.

Alucard

[12] Conqueror
I want Algol in sc6 at least as DLC, I don't care if he is in a second season pass.
What do you guys Think about Algol chances of being in sc6???
I actually like algol he is a pretty neet boss,at least he have something to it, he had his own style, where the everyone favorite Inferno is just a dumb mimic (it's not because he is from SC2 that that makes him automatically the best lol)

Screw that. I'd sacrifice never seeing Amy as a character again to have that clown never rear his ugly head again.
Don't you f**ing dare scarface her to prevent an original character from making in. :V

Eji1700

[09] Warrior
Tira as a preorder bonus is super unlikely, at least not without some way to instantly get her post launch (On launch DLC usually doesn't go over well, but if it's free when you preorder, maybe?). If they pull something like that they'll get backlash from comp and she'll likely be banned in tournaments (can't practice against her/use her if you don't own her issue that all the other guests saw).

As for algol, eh. He was mostly dumb but I can't deny that his actual combo's/playstyle looked fun. Bubbles added a lot of interesting stuff to the game, so while I wouldn't want knifehands himself back I'd like to see someone showing off space controlling projectiles.

ColColton

[07] Duelist
I know they called it a reboot, but there are far too many indicators that they're not actually retconning or changing anything to believe otherwise.
You really need to accept that SCVI is a rebooted timeline that is retelling previous events while adding and changing things. They can literally do whatever they want. Soul Blade - Soulcalibur V is one timeline, the original. Soulcalibur VI and probably any future game is another, new timeline.

Literally any character can be in the game, age or whatever is not an issue. They can literally just change the year a character was born. Hence this game being classed as a reboot to get around issues like that.

GhostTear

[13] Hero
I want Algol in sc6 at least as DLC, I don't care if he is in a second season pass.
What do you guys Think about Algol chances of being in sc6???
I rather have a revamped Necrid (or some character with that fighting design in mind) than Algol.

DanteSC3

[14] Master
You really need to accept that SCVI is a rebooted timeline that is retelling previous events while adding and changing things. They can literally do whatever they want. Soul Blade - Soulcalibur V is one timeline, the original. Soulcalibur VI and probably any future game is another, new timeline.

Literally any character can be in the game, age or whatever is not an issue. They can literally just change the year a character was born. Hence this game being classed as a reboot to get around issues like that.
Get back to me when they've actually changed something.

fallacie

[12] Conqueror
Mina's bra looks way too small for her. i love underboob as much as the next girl but it really looks like her tiddies are gonna pop out whenever she stretches. I'd rather she flash cleavage and have her bosoms more secure lol.

aside from that I'm loving her costume. I didn't like it at first, especially the colour palette, but it's growing on me.

plus i'm so glad that Mina's made the base roster that I can't really complain.

DanteSC3

[14] Master
Nope (New Legends of Project Soul). I feel like they've lost their own timeline a few times over the years, though. You'll see things that say SoulCalibur I took place in 1587, when what it actually is that it started in 1586 and ended in 1587, though I also know there are sources that say SoulCalibur II/III/IV occurred in 1591, while New Legends of Project Soul says 1590, while it's probably more true to say events started in 1590 and ended in 1591, it's still bizarre that all three of those games took place in the same year.

Klimat

[09] Warrior
Making a model for a mimic coast money, in fact considering it is a brand new model it was probably one of the most expensive ones since it isn't using any other one as a base, his very existence is a waste. I'm sorry I feel very strongly about the imaginable amount of dumb that must have gone through Project Soul to add a mimic in the first place.
Sorry, but that simply makes zero sense whatsoever. We've all seen Inferno's new model in the Story Trailer at E3, but NOW is when you decide to get mad about such a model? You are one and a half months too late.
Also do you seriously suggest a remake of SoulCalibur 1 with an expanded detailed story mode should not have a 3D model of Inferno in it? How on Earth is that supposed to work?

ColColton

[07] Duelist
Get back to me when they've actually changed something.
Look back through the thread, I'm pretty sure I have before lol.

Anyway, what you're not getting is it's a new timeline entirely... The timeline is rebooted. Plus it's been stated more than once but if you want to be so stubborn then you do you <3

Nope (New Legends of Project Soul). I feel like they've lost their own timeline a few times over the years, though. You'll see things that say SoulCalibur I took place in 1587, when what it actually is that it started in 1586 and ended in 1587, though I also know there are sources that say SoulCalibur II/III/IV occurred in 1591, while New Legends of Project Soul says 1590, while it's probably more true to say events started in 1590 and ended in 1591, it's still bizarre that all three of those games took place in the same year.
Soulcalibur V messed up the Timeline by saying the story takes place in 1607, when in fact it's 1608. Natsu's birth year is 1591 and yet she's 17 in Soulcalibur V (which Project Soul says is 1607) how does that add up? Also, check any other characters date of birth, none of them make sense if Soulcalibur V takes place in 1607. So yeah, the fact that Soulcalibur VI has changed the year of certain events is one change right there.

Last edited:

FleshMasher

[13] Hero
As for algol, eh. He was mostly dumb but I can't deny that his actual combo's/playstyle looked fun. Bubbles added a lot of interesting stuff to the game, so while I wouldn't want knifehands himself back I'd like to see someone showing off space controlling projectiles.
I actually liked mostly everything about Algol.
But the bubbles.
I hate them so much, they totally killed Algol as a character for me.
And now i just blanket hate all of Algol because of them.

Last edited:

Ramus

[14] Master
Sorry, but that simply makes zero sense whatsoever. We've all seen Inferno's new model in the Story Trailer at E3, but NOW is when you decide to get mad about such a model? You are one and a half months too late.
Also do you seriously suggest a remake of SoulCalibur 1 with an expanded detailed story mode should not have a 3D model of Inferno in it? How on Earth is that supposed to work?
Because back then it could be simply a Nightmare skin, we saw it for like 2 seconds, also can you people stop saying this games needs to be a 1 for one of SC1 Gorh exists which is already a huge fucking change. They worked Talim in, and no the story mode does not hit SCII, in fact story mode goes up to a year before Calibur II.