Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Random observation: I think Project Soul has been wanting to design a costume with glasses for a while. Tira, Patrokolos, and Ivy all had concept art sketches where they had glasses on, but these never made it into their final designs obviously. (They are in the New Legends of PS book). Maybe Project Soul finally decided to try it with Raph.

Y'all need to use Occam's Razor here. The simplest explanation is the most likely.

There are four planned DLC characters and four open slots. Considering how close we are to the release date, this seems very likely to me that it's the final build/roster.

I'd love to be proven wrong but it's a bit silly to get your hopes up thinking otherwise. Hwang and Lizardman's "leaks" were specifically mentioned as potentially not being playable characters, but just that they referenced in the text. Hwang is probably mentioned in Mina's story, and Lizardman is probably mentioned as evil CaS mooks made by the baddies.

I should be excited for Raph and Cerv but those dots have me worried af. I was already disappointed by missing Cassandra and Setsuka, but like.. not even Hwang or Lizardman which were somewhat expected? Ugh, I hope I'm wrong.

Granted, this game still looks bloody amazingggg, and I'm counting the hours until it's in my hands and I can play it forever and ever, but I can't lie I'll be so disappointed if those 4 slots are for the DLC characters.
Hwang and Lizardman have been teased, furthermore the roster clearly shows there’s more to come, and this doesn’t even match up to 20 base characters when we’re expecting at least 24.

Funny how people immediately jump to THIS IS TOTALLY THE FINAL ROSTER GUYS after two newcomers are shown.

Y'all need to use Occam's Razor here. The simplest explanation is the most likely.

There are four planned DLC characters and four open slots. Considering how close we are to the release date, this seems very likely to me that it's the final build/roster.

I'd love to be proven wrong but it's a bit silly to get your hopes up thinking otherwise. Hwang and Lizardman's "leaks" were specifically mentioned as potentially not being playable characters, but just that they referenced in the text. Hwang is probably mentioned in Mina's story, and Lizardman is probably mentioned as evil CaS mooks made by the baddies.
Actually the DLC characters most likely go to the star on the far right as a separate slider.

Rather find out who the DLC is before purchasing the season pass.

And why the hate on the glasses? I’m guessing he stopped wearing them in II proper. And I think those are his SC2 pants.

I guess no one has actually checked on what that slot is across from Random... it's blank, and yet it's not blank, it has that spokes circles design on it, so I'm assuming it's for CaS. I would say it would then make sense for Lizardman to go in the slot next to it on its left, and Hwang goes in the upper left corner. Inferno probably goes below Cervantes, and Tira to the right of Random. That's my prediction.

As for the characters, Cervantes is looking as ghost pirate (or pirate ghost?) as ever, so no complaints here, and Raphael with glasses is actually quite nice. I think it's a lowkey nod to Leraje from Chronicles of the Sword, possibly. And I don't really like the placements at all, will have to try to logic these out, but as it is... it doesn't really make much sense.

Actually the DLC characters most likely go to the star on the far right as a separate slider.
But what would go opposite it then? I mean... it would make sense to put CaS across a DLC select, but we can pretty much assume the CaS is across the random based on its separate look from the rest of the circles.

Oh my god. I had my mind all made up who I was gonna main then I saw Raph again and my heart skipped a beat. Guess we're back.

But I agree with the suspiciousness of the slots left and if those are all DLC. Those would be strange placements though. Maybe the two main body ones are Hwang and Lizardman, then the two outside are Tira and unlockable Inferno...or there are more people to be revealed...

The spoke I would have to assume is for your CaS.

Hwang and Lizardman have been teased, furthermore the roster clearly shows there’s more to come, and this doesn’t even match up to 20 base characters when we’re expecting at least 24.

Funny how people immediately jump to THIS IS TOTALLY THE FINAL ROSTER GUYS after two newcomers are shown.

The reason people are concluding that this may be the final roster is because it's the first build of the game since it went gold. Hence, it is most likely the final build.

However, that doesn't necessarily mean they don't have the ability to hide characters or limit features for demo purposes.

Last edited:
Soulcalibur is supposed to be streamed from that event in about 4 hours (1am EST for me)

Let's see if Namco goes "Oh Shit!" and switches out the build real quick.

edit: Looks like it's only 1/2 hour long though. Goes right into a Tekken tournament at 3:30 local time.

Last edited:
Rather find out who the DLC is before purchasing the season pass.

And why the hate on the glasses? I’m guessing he stopped wearing them in II proper. And I think those are his SC2 pants.

I like them, I really want to see him in better quality. But I can't shake the feeling that he'd look better and/or delightfully ridiculous in a more flamboyant masquerade mask.

But yeah, I reallllyyyy want to see him in HQ, also his full art. Looks nice from the thumbnail.

But what would go opposite it then? I mean... it would make sense to put CaS across a DLC select, but we can pretty much assume the CaS is across the random based on its separate look from the rest of the circles.
Well I doubt they’re going in unfilled slots while that stays there. It’s missing several characters ie Lizardman, Hwang and Inferno.

Don’t forget we still got 2 months to go.

Let us hope they announce that this is not the final build and that the number of characters in this build is not representing the final build.

"Hope is the last thing you lose before the inevitable..." Genghis_chan - 2018

Last edited:
The reason people are concluding that this may be the final roster is because it's the first build of the game since it went gold. Hence, it is most likely the final build.

However, that doesn't necessarily mean they don't have the ability to hide characters or limit features for demo purposes.

And the season pass has 4 DLC characters which lines up with 4 dots.

Back