Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I hope so much that you'e wrong. Couldn't that joke be made in a month that isn't April..? lol So then we'll know it's a joke..?

These last few pages have been an emotional roller coaster of hinting at new information by Okubo himself to having a native speaker explain a phonetic pun.

I still want to believe we’ll get more next week...

I am undoubtedly looking too far into this, but a funny coincidence came to mind today.

Thursday has been the set aside day for reveals.
Grøh is Norse and inspired by the development team's interpretation of Norse imagery and things.
Thursday is named after and derived from "Thor's Day."

Is there a connection there to a hint about the game itself in someway?
*puts on tinfoil hat*

Last edited:
I always have a very hard time believing stuff like that ever gets thought out in such a way.

I did once joke that Gr0h's father is probably Odin because of the eyepatch etc, but that's actually a really jarring thing to toss into the games since the only gods mentioned so far have been Greek ones, and none of them have ever personally manifested.

That tree motif? Yggdrasil.

Random thought, but what if they retconned Aeon to be the Norse equivalent to Sophitia? Not very likely and it depends on his presence to begin with.

And of course there’s Siegfried’s name.

Nice to see Siegfried. Even though I've never played as him or Nightmare, they're both staples who deserve to be in. I was sad not to see more than 1 reveal after so long but it looks like we might be in for some more in a week, so yay!

I actually like his Critical a lot. Yeah it's not quite as impactful as others but it's visually very appealing, though I can't say I like his voice much outside of that scream. He sounds VERY amateur, even for Soulcalibur...

I agree with a lot of the more negative comments about him. His hair is clearly copypasted from SCIV. Surely it doesn't take THAT long to at least apply a new, more detailed texture? :/ It stands out like a sore thumb. I also agree that his outfit is the worst so far. Both Sieg and Zas have outfits that are way too overdesigned and have zero impact visually. I see what they were going for, but it doesn't have the effect I think they wanted it to have. I can only hope we get some kick-ass 2P outfits. I would've gladly seen remastered SCIII costumes from both of these guys rather than these new, weird designs :/

I'm liking the new stage reveals though. It's nice to see revamped classic stages returning. I'm not sure why they didn't reveal Maxi along with his stage but oh well. Hopefully the "419" thing is more than just an obscure Japanese pun and we'll actually get more reveals in a week, but I won't hold my breath.

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this but whatever, we were told to not be so negative and to give constructive criticism; So I saw Sieg's trailer and I think he looks awfull, but instead of just saying that I'll try to prove my point and also try to give a solution to the problem. I know a thing or two about character design so I edited 2 of the new screenshots of him:

He looks fat and shapeless, he's not interesting to look at, has a boring, boxy silhoutte, looks like a bag of potatos. Sieg has never looked that way so I don't think it was intended:
Sieg3.jpg
The body he seems to have under the armor:
Sieg4.jpg
Now the edited one, much more interesting hourglass shape and more stylized with the armor not so loose:
Sieg5.jpg
This bodyshape is more like him:
Sieg6.jpg
And the other screenshot, I made some armor parts much smaller and close to the body so it's more interesting to look at, try to flip between the two so you guys can se the differences better:
Sieg1.jpg
Sieg2.jpg

Back