Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

CaS won't change anything about the quality of the game btw. It only allows you to see ugly costumizations online. I wouldn't mind it being gone tbh.
CaS probably negatively impacts the quality of the game overall, tbh. Casuals love and expect it so it's too late to do away with it at this point. But imagine what the character models would look like if Project Soul only had to budget to make 2-3 of the highest quality costumes they could manage per character.

I liked SCII.
I loved SCIII.
CaS got me invested enough to want to get better, and CotS was the perfect space for me do that. We were all casuals once, and some of us are even capable of enjoying both sides.

Without casuals you're dead on arrival, especially with an already rather small community, and CaS is currently one of this games biggest selling points and best hooks. If you want new people to play the game, stick around and evolve into competitive players, you cannot undervalue good casual content just because you consider yourself beyond it.

Last edited:
Considering the asset re-use (in particular with character body models) makes me think CAS will return and it will be directly based on the same system they had in SC4 and 5. Maybe the armour breaks we're seeing is using the underlying CAS system (the way Mitsurugi's outfit breaks reminds me of how CAS characters became half-naked whenever their armour was broken).

Yes, that sounds about right. Given that the hair meshes for numerous characters are recycled from SC4, I wouldn't be surprised if over half of all CaS pieces were rehashed from previous games. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, considering how extensive it already was in 4 and 5. It would be especially nice to get all the DLC pieces from 5 in the base game, though that's probably expecting a bit much.

My only concern about CaS is that they're probably not going to fix the issues with bulky equipment and floating pieces, as that seemed to be an issue of the layering system. I really just hope they don't take features away.

Yeah, I think it would be smart of them to move all of those assets over. That way we know CAS will at least be as extensive as it was but with a bunch of additional items.

No matter how extensive CaS is and how creative you are, the two three good customizations you will encounter online will eventually be drowned in a sea of fluo colours characters or oversized boobs bikini ones.

Last edited:
No matter how extensive CaS is and how creative you are, the two three good customizations you will encounter online will eventually be drown in a sea of fluo colours characters or oversized boobs bikini ones.
Not really, at least not in my SC5 experience.
Sure, there are enough of Dick and just pure naked chars, but i stoped fighting those people (if it was starting to be ridiculous)
The majority of CaS i fought where interessting, funny etc. - more positive then negative.

Edit:
My top activities in SC5:
1. CaS
2. Online fights mostly with chosen people, where you can have some talk and fun and engaging matches
3. Legendary Souls

Customization in Tekken 7 is OK.CaS in Soulcalibur is awful because of this stupid armor destruction.I don't want to play against naked men screaming like little girls.

I'm actually really jazzed for CaS. I never thought I'd be so into it as SC5 made me.

I remember my first creation was Rupert the Bear, but since there was no early bear head, I ended up using a wolf head that was simply colored white. My best friend used to be a hip-hop producer so I asked him to make me a custom Rupert the Bear theme with some beats added and I'd just play it over the mic while I whooped people.

Otherwise, it was just such a robust system.

I liked SCII.
I loved SCIII.
CaS got me invested enough to want to get better, and CotS was the perfect space for me do that. We were all casuals once, and some of us are even capable of enjoying both sides.

Without casuals you're dead on arrival, especially with an already rather small community, and CaS is currently one of this games biggest selling points and best hooks. If you want new people to play the game, stick around and evolve into competitive players, you cannot undervalue good casual content just because you consider yourself beyond it.

It’s not a casual vs competitive debate, it’s not finding value in this great fighting game because it doesn’t have a character creator.

Yeah i'm afraid Natsu's Unique moves will be gone, i'm not even sure i know all attacks she brought, that Taki didn't have.
Because i got so used to them and some were just altered versions of Taki's strings.
A:6 Just Frame was in Soul Calibur 4 too right?
Would definately miss that.

But i'm definately happy to see returning Taki moves and also the new stuff!

A:6 became a Just Frame in SCIV. A:6(In Air Combo) ~ B+K in Lost Swords was really good for combos.

Natsu's unique moves were CE, 66B+G, A+G[BE], 6A Series, 4B, 33_666_99A, 22_88A, Possession A:6, & Possession [BE].

Here is how I see it, CaS it is not the optimal reason why you're playing a fighting game, but there is no reason why people shouldn't, play a game that immerse you in some way or another.

SC V CaS was pretty complete to be honest, I don't think adding facial sliders to edit the features would be a good call, at most I would ask for them to fix the layering problem, the high heel problem(Can't equip sock properly with the high heel item) and add a asymmetrical choice for gloves and shoes. Otherwise it is a pretty good mode and re-using assets wouldn't be a issue either.

In general, SC will never get the funding of Tekken, so while I hope they polish the hair (Which doesn't look great in Tekken 7 but much more serviceable) and models a little bit (higher polygon count, as I really don't have a issue with the less realistic style they go in general) . I won't be mad if they don't. The game does look good in motion and only when you stop (which in a fighting game is not much at all) and opinions on it looks so far have been really positive from people who saw it "live".

I'm not saying that there is no graphical issues, but I would like to see the game while playing before pass 100% of judgment, while not necessarily related, for sake of argument, the JP Taki trailer (official one) shows that Taki doesn't disappear completely after she does the projectile attack in her SCh and in fact moves forward.

All that said, I will say it again, I will hold up until the release, because like SCV and SCIV looked rough on development, it is possible this is the case here too.

CaS probably negatively impacts the quality of the game overall, tbh. Casuals love and expect it so it's too late to do away with it at this point. But imagine what the character models would look like if Project Soul only had to budget to make 2-3 of the highest quality costumes they could manage per character.
Given that cas have been their primary dlc cash cow with the games from sciv onwards I have trouble believing that work on cas is actually subtractive overall.

You took his shit opinion and threw into the other extreme of shittiness.

I'm sorry you feel the need to insult me because you don't share my opinion.
I'm totally hyped for SC6 and I really like what we've seen of it so far and CaS is the least of my worries, deal with it.

Back