Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

From what I saw in the Maxi Reveal Trailer

Maxi's SCIV 11_77A ~ a new B ~ BL
Maxi's SCVI BL B was his SCIV RO B
Maxi's SCVI BL B ~ LO BK
Maxi's SCIII & IV 44AB ~ RO ~ PSL ~ BL B(Lethal Hit) ~ Maxi's SCVI LO AAA
The 1st hit of Maxi's SCVI LO A was Maxi's SCV RC A.
Soul Charge CH 6AAB ~ BL KK
The 3rd hit of Soul Charge CH 6AAB was Maxi's SCIII & IV 6A+B.
Yes you got those right but to be honest I was hoping that the whole sc4/sc5 would have erased completely; 90% o those move were garbage and easily countered. A complete reintroduction of sc1/2 moveset was what I was expecting

I take you haven't followed many fighting games development cycles, in fact any game development cycle, there is simply no way the company can show everything being done to the game at all times, it is standard to announce a character show a little bit of it's gameplay and keep moving on, people act as if outside of a few select games updated builds are commonplace at all times.
Also comparing SCIV/V is like comparing night and day, both games are different mechanically in so many ways, if your problem is with moveset being introduced again, well yes, because that is how you bring character back, not every character need a overhaul, don't fix what is not broken.
This argument would have been valid if Namco had not been disappointing for the last 2 soul calibur. Sorry but I can't just blindly trust anymore

I'm sorry, what? Have you not been following the numerous showcases at American tournaments? Final Round, Combo Breaker, Texas Showdown, and various others have had a playable demo with six characters, which the competitive community has played extensively and had very positive impressions about. Namco reps at these events have also confirmed a more complete build to be showed at CEO this month after more characters are revealed at EVO.
That's what I said only the first reveals have scrutinized, what about the rest , looks like the tree hiding the forest to me

That's what I said only the first reveals have scrutinized, what about the rest , looks like the tree hiding the forest to me
What are you implying here? That the game will be bad because they've only shown a small demo? Dragon Ball had an eight-character demo all the way up to the open beta, which happened two weeks before the game's release. It's rare that games have playable public demos at all before release, and even rarer that these demos are updated more than once or twice.

We've had players speak to Namco reps and we know there have been two more builds since the last public one. The first had Ivy, Geralt, and Zas, but it has not been show publicly since it had stability issues (this is the one that the people from Xbox Magazine wrote about). The second has been ready since last month, but has not been shown since it contains things that have not yet been revealed. It will likely be shown at E3 and other events in the near future, including CEO. EDIT: Apparently this last bit is not 100% confirmed. My point remains.

From what we've seen of the game we already know it is incredibly polished, we know it has at least six playable modes from the main menu, and we know it is fun and balanced. What we don't know is how far along in development the game is. It doesn't make sense for everything in the game to be shown far ahead of release, that kills all the hype. People need to calm the fuck down.

Last edited:
The fact that they aren't putting new characters in the new builds is more that they want to save some exciting stuffs for big events, actually the main reason for this 6 characters build in events is more that the dev team are testing if there is some weird glitch and broken stuff and it's definitely not for Marketing purpose, and personally i don't think this is a bad thing specially after T7 that got me spoiled about every little things gameplaywise with its 50 years arcade cycle. I'm sure other characters will be playable in some big events, i'd say probably E3 and Evo, also CEO as well it seems based @Norik

Everyone is very positive about gameplay (yes gameplay cause it's the only aspect people can make opinion about right now from the game), even Aris that hated all SC post 2 and was actually not too excited and not feeling the game too much after SC6 reveal seems liking it a lot after trying it.

What are you implying here? That the game will be bad because they've only shown a small demo? Dragon Ball had an eight-character demo all the way up to the open beta, which happened two weeks before the game's release. It's rare that games have playable public demos at all before release, and even rarer that these demos are updated more than once or twice.

We've had players speak to Namco reps and we know there have been two more builds since the last public one. The first had Ivy, Geralt, and Zas, but it has not been show publicly since it had stability issues (this is the one that the people from Xbox Magazine wrote about). The second has been ready since last month, but has not been shown since it contains things that have not yet been revealed. It will likely be shown at E3 and other events in the near future, including CEO.

From what we've seen of the game we already know it is incredibly polished, we know it has at least six playable modes from the main menu, and we know it is fun and balanced. What we don't know is how far along in development the game is. It doesn't make sense for everything in the game to be shown far ahead of release, that kills all the hype. People need to calm the fuck down.

téléchargement.jpg

Last edited:
Updated roster predictions. At this point my gut says 22 to 24 characters, with the corner slots being unlockables. I really do think the center slot is CaS, and that it appears once you start making customs. It really wouldn't make sense to leave an empty space in the middle when the clock is at the bottom, and I doubt they're leaving it for DLC since that usually goes at the extremes and not the center.

I guess I should also mention that Edge Master is relevant to the story, and could actually by a character in this game. If he's in he'd replace one of the corner characters in the high-count scenario.

Also, I don't think we'll get all those DLC characters, just that they'll probably draw from those. I really doubt we'll get guest DLC characters; guest CaS pieces would make more sense for that. Dark Souls and Gundam CaS DLC would be pretty awesome, and could actually happen since Bamco owns those licenses.

low count june 1.png

high count june 1.png

Last edited:
Updated roster predictions. At this point my gut says 22 to 24 characters, with the corner slots being unlockables. I really do think the center slot is CaS, and that it appears once you start making customs. It really wouldn't make sense to leave an empty space in the middle when the clock is at the bottom, and I doubt they're leaving it for DLC since that usually goes at the extremes and not the center.

I guess I should also mention that Edge Master is relevant to the story, and could actually by a character in this game. If he's in he'd replace one of the corner characters in the high-count scenario.

Also, I don't think we'll get all those DLC characters, just that they'll probably draw from those. I really doubt we'll get guest DLC characters; guest CaS pieces would make more sense for that. Dark Souls and Gundam CaS DLC would be pretty awesome, and could actually happen since Bamco owns those licenses.

View attachment 49221
View attachment 49222
No Hwang, absolute trash.

I mean, they could get rid of the insipid "select a character" message at the bottom and then move the "Mitsu vs Sophitia" banner lower.

Seriously, is there anyone on the planet who can't figure out what to do on a character select screen? Does that "tutorial" really need to exist?

I'll give the benefit of the doubt until we get an updated build.

By the way, I may have mentioned it before, but doesn't it seem like Xianghua's and Kilik's "theme" resembles The New Legend at parts? We've seen the Proving Grounds remade so we don't exactly have character themes either. Could be speculation since in V you could at least choose your music.

You guys are getting my hopes up for over 20 characters at launch. If we end up with 20 or less at launch (slots for the stupid random character pick thing), you have to take responsibility for my immense sorrow. :'(

i dont understand why people love Talim so much ;/ When I play SC with friends NO ONE is picking her! She is so generic character, with no charisma, always smiling and irritates me. Beside having really cool style and weapon
I kinda agree with you, and you actually answered your question xD it's the same reason why people like Amy, style + weapon, and generic stereotypes always work. Just look at Mitsu :p

It should not be so difficult to understand why people have different tastes, especially on such a subjective subject.

It's a fighting game, all the characters are caricatures. And Talim is far from being the most generic of characters: she's a girl, without huge boobs or Lolita's outfit, whose primary motivation is neither revenge nor power.
Just for those reasons the character is much less generic than more than half of the roster. Maybe it's because she's less typical than some people love it, and others do not find a reason to like her.

Let the Talim fans in peace! They are traumatized by SCV and will be on the edge until the leak of delivery! :sc2tal1:

They have revealed 13 so far. Suppose they reveal another 3 at E3, that would be 16. If they continue to do one every two weeks from here till October (guessing), that would be 23-24 characters. Obviously, that's a lot of made up numbers, but it gives you a ball park approximation. 20 is a pretty good minimum.

View attachment 49221
View attachment 49222

It sounds pretty plausible to be honest.

No Hwang, absolute trash.

As much as I like Yun-Seong, considering where this game is taking place, I feel that Hwang would be a better character to go with since we he was an OG Soul Calibur veteran.

Updated roster predictions.

Remember that the leaks say that they want to include more characters than SCV had but less than 30, SCV had 28 characters, 25 without the mimics, and I'm counting 24 slots in your speculation roster, maybe add 2 or 3 more characters to the base roster.

I think the game will release with 22 character + 1 guest + have one pre-order special character (Most likely Talim).

As for Setsuka, I don't think she will be DLC, but you better believe Hilde and Viola/Amy will.

About 4 DLC characters I would think, with maybe one extra if there is a guest. I don't discard the possibility of custom guests as well.

I think the game will release with 22 character + 1 guest + have one pre-order special character (Most likely Talim).

As for Setsuka, I don't think she will be DLC, but you better believe Hilde and Viola/Amy will.

About 4 DLC characters I would think, with maybe one extra if there is a guest. I don't discard the possibility of custom guests as well.

Talim pre-order would be pretty smart and good bait to be honest, they would be dumb not to jump on that easy money. She did win the pool, so that probably means a lot of people are ready to drop some money just to get her.

Back