Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Shock factor somewhat that they could do as relatively unexpected: Announce Tira, Voldo, Setsuka, Talim, and Groh's Dad or whoever else for a 5th. I feel like there's plenty of room for that to spark a lot of attention if they did that. Granted, I also just want Tira back 'cause I enjoy her, and literally the only truly[or at least openly] evil female character which is interesting.

That leak looks extremely fake. Feels like wishful thinking regarding the Mace user, and a bad idea in a few ways, regarding Salia.

I still think Salia could show up, but as a story mode character created through CaS. Looked up the priest’s name and the post is the only thing that really comes up.

Still thought Groh’s dad would be someone like that. Verge did refer to him as “Papi.” As in father. Like what you’d call a priest.

Getting ahead of myself but since Maxi is the Kenny going by his endings where he dies, could this be his last appearance as a regular character to make way for the return of Li Long.

I still think Salia could show up, but as a story mode character created through CaS. Looked up the priest’s name and the post is the only thing that really comes up.

Still thought Groh’s dad would be someone like that. Verge did refer to him as “Papi.” As in father. Like what you’d call a priest.

Getting ahead of myself but since Maxi is the Kenny going by his endings where he dies, could this be his last appearance as a regular character to make way for the return of Li Long.
I don't know if there's a connection to Grøh's father being.... his father in the literal sense a father like a priest as well. I actually asked about that before but got nothing edgewise in return in knowing if he was.

I looked into it too and looking that name "Calynpolk" up only comes back in that form of one name together like that bringing up both 4chan threads.
"Calynpolk" isn't Norwegian, if that matters. It's not even a name by itself. But a mixture of names combined of different origins.
Calyn = 'pure' and is typically a name for girls and alternate form of Caitlin, which is of Old French & Greek origin.
Polk is the German ethnic name for a Pole (Polak) and Scottish reduced form of Pollock, but Polk in German (of Slavic origin) also comes from an altered pet form of the Slavic personal name Boleslav, composed of the elements bole 'great', 'large' and slav 'glory.'
This name Polk was "apparently a favorite during the Middle Ages among the gentry class in Silesia."
Combined, Calynpolk would mean their name means pure glory, or things like "great purity" or "large purity."

I don't think it to be necessary for Li Long to only come back with the death of Maxi. In fact I would love for both of them to come back only because I do like them both. Since this being a reboot I would like it that Maxi escapes from the castle with his friends.

Also concerning the fat priest with a mace? Could be Groh's dad, but I also find it fishy like everyone else here.

I looked into it too and looking that name "Calynpolk" up only comes back in that form of one name together like that bringing up both 4chan threads.
"Calynpolk" isn't Norwegian, if that matters. It's not even a name by itself. But a mixture of names combined of different origins.
Calyn = 'pure' and is typically a name for girls and alternate form of Caitlin, which is of Old French & Greek origin.
Polk is the German ethnic name for a Pole (Polak)

So after a bit of investigation, looking at the etymology of the the name Calynpolk you've come back with Pure Pole.

And this is from 4chan. I think you've just got /pol/ed. :P

So after a bit of investigation, looking at the etymology of the the name Calynpolk you've come back with Pure Pole.

And this is from 4chan. I think you've just got /pol/ed. :P
1527977968274.png

On one hand it is a reboot, so "things can change".... but on another, doing something like that invokes the epitome response of
HelplessOffensiveIndianpalmsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

makes me think it has to be bullshit because that's.... way too dumb and divisive.

I've asked about him before because of the Li Long meme on the SC reddit. lol
Nothing yet.
Is the word on Cassandra still vague at best? Ive noticed that no character that debuted in 2 has even been revealed yet. It made me think that they might be saving them for the final months before launch (especially Talim).

The last time I checked this thread was like 7 pages ago.

I saw the page count and was like, “surely another character was leaked! Look at how many posts have been made!” Sadly, the last few pages just made me double check that this was the general thread and not the Shitposting thread.

-

I don’t believe the 4chan leak. The best course of action now is to just achieve serenity, pay no attention to rumors, and just wait for E3.

Harada and Okubo both are going to be there and I’m sure there will be some juicy bits of info for both Soul Calibur and Tekken.

But the question on everyone's minds is whether or not there will be a new build at E3 that will be playable at CEO or if it will be the same.

Yo, what the hell happened to this thread?

tumblr_otj3y1fFc01tx45yjo1_500.gif

View attachment 49229

Not sure if it has been confirmed before, but MarkMan just confirmed that SCVI is indeed going to be at CEO 2018.

This is going to be a great month for SCVI.
@CFW

y'all keep talking about papa groh... am I the only one that's not hype about him as a potential character?

giphy.gif

and how are you all sure that papa groh is actually going to be a thing? the leaks?
Let them dream l0l

Although I wouldn't like to keep my hopes up, I really do feel like there is a good possibility we will be seeing 28 characters in SoulCalibur VI since having just 20 characters will be very small. SoulCalibur II HD had 24 characters, SoulCalibur IV had 29 characters, and SoulCalibur V had 28 characters all excluding bonus characters (I don't count guest characters and Necrid as a bonus character). I'm very doubtful that a game celebrating the franchise's 20th anniversary will have significantly less characters than the last three core games they released last generation.

SoulCaliburVI28Characters.jpg

And even with this select screen, this game would still have less characters than SoulCalibur III.

I'm inclined to believe that every character from the original SoulCalibur and SoulCalibur II will make it into the game except for Necrid, Charade, and Inferno. It's possible that the SoulCalibur II characters and some of the "clone" characters will be unlockable characters as we progress closer from SoulCalibur I to SoulCalibur II's storyline when playing the game.

It was stated in a leak before that SoulCalibur VI could have more characters than SoulCalibur V and that a majority of SoulCalibur III and SoulCalibur IV characters would be DLC. So my guess for some of the DLC would be Li Long (Soul Edge), Setsuka (SoulCalibur III), Hilde (SoulCalibur IV), and Z.W.E.I. (SoulCalibur V) in order to celebrate the franchise's 20 years of relevance.

I'm very hopeful that the net build will feature a larger select screen.

P.S. I would like to see Hwang return.

Stated by someone posting predictions while claiming to be a leaker you mean. The only actual leaks we've had so far are the two characters reveal trailers we got early. You people need to stop believing everything people say on the internet.

Back