Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

"After losing to Kilik and his comrades in the form of Nightmare..."

Speaking of this, I'm curious how much they're going to retcon the original story. In particular I could see them changing X from having Soul Calibur to another character, or just changing that up entirely.

X is my main and favorite character, but honestly she isn't terribly popular, and the whole "her sword was Soul Calibur all along!" thing I could see being retconned entirely to something more directly connected to Kilik and Groh this time. I'm hoping it won't happen, but I have a feeling it might.

The story thing I'm most curious about is the younger characters' ages. Sophitia and such are their SC1 age in appearance but Tira would be 12-13 and Talim 10 during that game. I always figured Amy was around 13 so Tira would be fine but a 10yo character might be a little too short (and they're definitely not doing another Yoda).

Hopefully we get one or both at E3 so we can see if they'll just be younger, or if they'll retcon the ages or confirm the story's going past the timsekip to SCII's story.

My guess for how the story works is that it will be split into two parts. The first part is where Kilik is the main character and the second part is where Siegfried is the main character. Grøh will play a significant role in the first half of the story while another new character plays a significant role in the second half of the story. In terms of the timeline, it will probably look something like this:

Soul Edge (1584)
SoulCalibur VI Part I (1586-1588)
SoulCalibur (1587)
SoulCalibur VI Part II (1589-1591)
SoulCaibur II (1591)
SoulCalibur III (1591)
SoulCalibur IV (1591)
SoulCalibur V (1607)

This would help fill in the gap between Soul Edge and the original SoulCalibur while also filling in the gap between the original SoulCalibur and SoulCalibur II.

Thinking about it now, it wouldn't be far-fetched to say that the new character is Frederick and that he adopted Grøh when he was away from his family during one of his crusades. I can imagine Frederick being a reanimated knight using a longsword as a weapon and utilizing a derivative of Darth Vader's moveset. Afterall, he was meant to be a playable character in either Soul Edge or SoulCalibur before being cut from the roster.

I think that was Durer. Ironically both were SCIV Story Customs. Maybe Salia or even Bangoo can get their chances as such. But Rock is pretty much an inperson now...

Oh, only $100...

lybGpGV.png

http://www.provantage.com/namco-12228~7NAMC08H.htm
$100? It better be worth it l0l

Sounds to me like it's gonna be an MK9 situation where they revisit the first few games and change a few things.
Seems that way.

They say in this reboot none if the original ages matter. I doubt they would do it but they could make Talim a immortal 4000 year old like Zasalamel. Heck maybe they had a romance thousands of years ago. Lol.

Cas and Hwang probably have the best chances out of all the clones. I mean wanna see as few of them as possible. But cas really changed alot since 2
Hwang isnt a clone..and honestly, Cass isnt either.
She's as much like Sophi as Siegfried is like Nightmare.

this though?? i don’t know how y’all are complaining about clones when you literally want siegmare to be two separate characters l o l
In my opinion its ideal to have as many unique weapons styles as possible. Just because there are already two similar weapon styles (night, seig) doesn't mean there has to be 4 more.

There are a number of different ways to wield the same weapon, so as long as the characters are different enough, I don't think it should matter if they have the same weapon. Sure, there should probably be a limit, since like 6 S&S users would be a little much, but 2 doesn't seem like a problem to me, especially given how different Soph and Cass are from each other.

Hwang isnt a clone..and honestly, Cass isnt either.
She's as much like Sophi as Siegfried is like Nightmare.
Cas is still a clone even though she changed alot which i mentioned earlier. I just think that spots should go to characters with a completely unique style. Even if characters with the same weapon can play completely differently they still have more similarities than others and therefore are less unique.

about "new" characters from E3 leak from 4chan
Calynpolk is said to be a big fat priest with a mace
This is Kalnypolok, a Fygul Cestemus priest who survived Astaroth's rampage against the cult. He and his half-sister Kalnypalk later created Ashlotte.
latest

Salia is claimed to be "frenemies with Hilde and is another rapier user like Raph & Amy but has some Cervantes Style drill & teleport flash attack
Salia Olschmidt had been part of Schwarzwind ever since their early days of being thieves, often being the one devising winning strategies.
During the years of Siegfried's absence, she served as the leader of Schwarzwind.
Salia appears in Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny, as a custom character in Quick Match mode, using Amy's style.
latest

Suzy they will be playable?
Suzy says.png
I agree with her Kappa

Could Salia possibly be Amy’s mother? And maybe her father is Seigfried?

For some reason, I see that illustration with red hair.

Maybe Salia gave amy up for Adoption and so she was an “orphan”

They’ve done this before guys, algol was dat place in sc2 and then he’s a character bam. and they need some more newcomers. A holy priest set out to destroy Astaroth makes too much sense imo.

about "new" characters from E3 leak from 4chan
This is Kalnypolok, a Fygul Cestemus priest who survived Astaroth's rampage against the cult. He and his half-sister Kalnypalk later created Ashlotte.
latest

Salia Olschmidt had been part of Schwarzwind ever since their early days of being thieves, often being the one devising winning strategies.
During the years of Siegfried's absence, she served as the leader of Schwarzwind.
Salia appears in Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny, as a custom character in Quick Match mode, using Amy's style.
latest

Suzy they will be playable?
I agree with her Kappa

But the second picture of Salia is for a promo poster for SCV. Me thinks she was an idea for four, scrapped. Then originally intended for five after revisiting the idea, but was never finished. (Amoung other things like no setsuka)

I feel like Calynpolk/Kalnypolok's credibility went right out the window for being a Fygul Cestemus priest instead of being Grøh's Father. There's just no reason for that to exist, while Astaroth also exists, and Ashlotte already existed, and she would have more appeal anyway as she actually had quite a few fans in SoulCalibur IV already, instead of getting some unknown other guy.

Salia appeared in SoulCalibur IV: Broken Destiny, yeah, but a lot of folks have appeared in Quick Battle similarly, and I feel like those are mostly just for fun. And she only used Amy's style because a standard longsword style doesn't exist. I don't actually see the sword in Salia's artwork as anything other than a longsword. Having her use a rapier when we have Raphael (and Amy) already just seems unnecessary when it could instead be a new style for us to use. Compound that with her allegedly getting Cervantes twister moves? Nah, get the hell out.

In other words, just more baseless trash from 4chan. I was already skeptical, but this sealed the deal for me.

Could Salia possibly be Amy’s mother? And maybe her father is Seigfried?
  • Siegfried was 19 years during Soul Calibur I
  • Pyrrha born in 1588, she was 20 yrs during Soul Calibur V
  • Amy is younger than Talim (15 yrs) and Bangoo (possibly 13-14 yrs)
    • If you look in the sketch about size, Amy doesn't have breasts (?), different from Talim or Leixia (teenagers)
Size.png
  • Salia is blonde (CaS ver. in SC: Broken Destiny)
  • Xiba is redhead, different from Kilik or Xianghua
  • Gisele in SC V looks more like Amy than Salia ...
SC Cronology
  • SoulCalibur VI (1586)
  • SoulCalibur (1587)
  • SoulCaibur II (1591)
There is no evidence or logic of being Salia's daughter only because hair or weapon used in CaS

Last edited:
Back