Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

A picture doesn't mean story relevance. It could easily be a random generic Lizardman, like I said. Nothing Aeon did was more important than the generics, save the fact that he was playable.
I already said it: There's no way they're showing a picture of "the big bad team" and having a generic lizardman stand alongside Nightmare, Ivy and Astaroth.

:D well her destined battles were Yun-Seong, Raphael, Zassy. Yun left her in sc4 and it felt more like Seong-Mina was the one to keep him from soul edge in the end. Talim and Hwang both dissuaded him but he never listened. Based on his ending it seemed like he was impacted by Mina and moved on from soul edge.
Raphael is a good match for Talim to chase since he infected an entire town in Sc3. She wants to heal ppl with the wind like the young boy she saved. She could probably empathize with Amy who's close in age to her and Raphael in his bite animation dislike those with pure blood or touched by soul calibur (siggy and talim for ex) so he might not be able to infect her, making it safer for her to also dissuade him from his goals like she did with Yun. It's kinda like her saving Algol in her ending and having respect for the Hero King's love for his son.
She could potentially also chase after Zasalamel since it seems that she's somehow found out about his manipulations in the story. Either character would make her story significantly more relevant and add to her journey's goal of healing and restoring nature.
I feel that someone has their shipping goggles on ;)
He has neither the popularity nor the story relevance to remain in the game. Aeon never did anything in the games that generic Lizardmen could not.

"Story relevance."

NMDFtrc.png
Every time I hear story relevance I feel it is starting to feel like a pet peeve of mine.

As long as a character has a certain appeal people are going to like them. With or without relevance to the story.

This is like that Android 21 in FighterZ cancer all over again.

"Just because they've shown her in the game doesn't mean she's actually playable!" is the argument that always got brought up. But I'd have to call myself Captain Obvious to say that "Duh, she's playable. Come on." and that's what this is.

This is like that Android 21 in FighterZ cancer all over again.

"Just because they've shown her in the game doesn't mean she's actually playable!" is the argument that always got brought up. But I'd have to call myself Captain Obvious to say that "Duh, she's playable. Come on." and that's what this is.

No one is saying he won't be playable, just that he may be the "bonus character" for all we know. The image of him doesn't ensure anything, he can easily be in the base roster or DLC of some kind. We know nothing at the moment.

I feel that someone has their shipping goggles on ;)

Every time I hear story relevance I feel it is starting to feel like a pet peeve of mine.

As long as a character has a certain appeal people are going to like them. With or without relevance to the story.
;3

And I agree. As to lack of story relevance and yet being iconic throughout the series, Mitsu is a prime example. The only reason someone shouldn't be in, is if they're freaking mimics XD

They found a way to include Lizardman in SCV even despite leaving out Talim and Zasalamel, I don't think they're too worried about him not being massively popular. If popularity was their main concern we probably wouldn't see either Astaroth or Rock, and Amy would be a more likely inclusion than Raphael.

They found a way to include Lizardman in SCV even despite leaving out Talim and Zasalamel, I don't think they're too worried about him not being massively popular. If popularity was their main concern we probably wouldn't see either Astaroth or Rock, and Amy would be a more likely inclusion than Raphael.

Astaroth will be in SCVI because his stage was shown in the Nvidia video last week & Astaroth is mainy Maxi's rival.

I'm not doubting Astaroth's in the game, he's obviously going to be in if Maxi's in (and he's in that one image), just that he's not exactly the most popular character and that style would be quick to go if story really didn't matter and popularity was their only concern.

With everyone defending that their character will be in...it feels like we are gonna get a 30+ character roster.

Just for shits and giggles, if they were making characters with the original development in mind of having 3 different styles who do you think had what?

Sophitia: 1. Her OG style 2. Cassandra 3. Patroklos
Kilik: 1. His OG style 2. Seong Mi-na 3. Xiba
Viola/Amy: 1. Viola 2. Amy 3. Raphael/ ZWEI
Natsu: 1. Taki 2. Zwei Equivalent 3. ???

anything else? I thought it was super interesting to discuss

I just remembered Maxi's boyfriend rumor/leak ... Do you guys think we will get him as a new character ?
It looks like he dies according to the picture of the story mode so i assume no

Right, she made 7th in one poll and 12th in another (both were conducted by SC social media pages). Thats pretty popular in a game with an average roster of around 24.

SCII's top 3 characters that are new are easily those 3. Yun-seong is a pretty unpopular dude lol

And they STILL made you unlock Sophi in all of Cass' appeared games. Lore wise she doesnt play a big role but then again...Mitsurugi is just a guy lookin for SE, who never finds it.
If they go with themes from later SC games, they could easily give Cassandra a substantial story role. One idea they pushed in later games was that both Soul Calibur and Soul Edge was evil, and from the get go Cassandra questioned if Hephaestus and Soul Calibur were good (in her SC4 ending, she destroys both Soul Edge and Soul Calibur).

Just for shits and giggles, if they were making characters with the original development in mind of having 3 different styles who do you think had what?

Sophitia: 1. Her OG style 2. Cassandra 3. Patroklos
Kilik: 1. His OG style 2. Seong Mi-na 3. Xiba
Viola/Amy: 1. Viola 2. Amy 3. Raphael/ ZWEI
Natsu: 1. Taki 2. Zwei Equivalent 3. ???

anything else? I thought it was super interesting to discuss

It looks like he dies according to the picture of the story mode so i assume no

so he exist for real lol I thought it was just a rumor

You know who has no relevance to the story? Talim.

She interacted with nobody and never got near SE. Sorry. Just can't justify her inclusion in the series from now on . Sorry folks. Pack it up.

Not even a Facebook poll can override the sheer lack of relevance as judged by me.

Doesn’t every game sort of have a new Soul Calibur wielder then the old ones kinda trail off? Exception being Siegfried?
Soppy was main character, then Xianghua + Kilik, then Siegfried x2 then Patroklos. Then they all kinda fell off. I think that “story relevant “ is too broad of a criteria to include a character

Back