Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

panel-213860146-image-470e4ee2-5af2-49be-96c1-bfb642781267

panel-213860146-image-b97eb8fb-59cd-4b80-9242-9c2e10f47e45

If we get some reveals at EVO, when does everyone think they'll be?

- before the SCVI tournament starts
- between the pools and the top 8
- after the finals
- randomly in the middle
- or some other time over the weekend?

- after the finals
- randomly in the middle
I'm thinking after SC6 finals or after Tekken 7 finals. If I were to choose, I'd go with latter. Last year, Namco announced Geese after Tekken 7 finals.

- after the finals
- randomly in the middle

If it's a meh reveal, after Tekken 7 finals and right before T7's announcement. If it's a hype announcement, after DBFZ finals.

I think the rosters just said "Wouldn't it be cool to see a Cassandra and Cervantes reveal trailer on Sunday"
I dunno how to feel.

Cervantes, Tira, Astaroth, and Lizardman would be a good batch of reveals, two big popular hyped characters and two niche ones people like having around but maybe wouldn't gather much excitement if revealed by themselves. Plus it's a themed group with the Soul Edge connection.

Off topic but does any online know the exact amount of damage you take in an armor broken area after lethal hit? Or any estimations?

The Talim and Taki cosplayers are gorgeous. Makes me wish there was Mi-Na more so someone could cosplay her.

My current tiers for remaining returns:

Guaranteed
  1. Astaroth: Empty space opposite Maxi and always appears. Mandatory for the former’s story. Just hope he doesn’t sound like he’s in a germ commercial. Regular from SC onwards.
  2. Cervantes: Series regular, or became a console exclusive. Plus several story sequences.
    • Inferno: Shown. Unknown if a boss or even alternate skin.
Likely
  1. Lizardman: Series regular from SC onwards, despite being a generic console exclusive for III. Shown in story art.
  2. Tira: Made it to V despite being a later addition. Was active in the story before her debut. Maybe she stopped aging early enough?
  3. Raphael: Stress sweat aside, he was one of the focus characters and a common Destined Battle in III for the more plot relevant characters. And most likely a Nightmare. He’d fit the slot below Geralt if not Talim. Also made it to V.
Less Likely
  1. Seong Mi-Na: Popular despite being similar to Kilik. Her weapon is different enough too.
  2. Cassandra: Also popular. Fights different enough from Sophie but is basically the younger, hipper version if you know what I mean. What’s with Cassandras wanting to replace family members whose names sound somewhat similar and acting like they’re on Pitch Perfect?
  3. Yun-Seong: Only because they want to unperson Hwang and they’re different enough from Xianghua.
  4. Setsuka: Gets screwed but missed V.
  5. Edgemaster: Mimics may be mandatory. And he still has a story role unless he’s a custom for the story mode. May deserve it after V.
  6. Hilde: Could come earlier in the story. II and IV are set in the same year. But I think they’re focusing on the characters who’ve been around longer.
Unlikely
  1. Hwang: Gets screwed over for Medieval Hwoarang.
  2. Li-Long: Most will think, “Who?”
  3. Amy: ...Amy? She’s popular I guess.
  4. Rock: Nobody really cares. Astaroth gets the occasional bludgeon regardless.
  5. Arthur: Censorship. Let sigh...
  6. Other Mimics: Please no. Not after V.
  7. Algol: No.
  8. Dumbpierre: ... ... ...
  9. SCV roster: Get out.

Back