Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

God I hope that isn't it for the base roster.
Lizardman and Hwang would then take 2 DLC slots then Tira and new guest???
Please noooo

Cassandra Setsuka Hlide Amy???

It's not the full complete game because you see movelist have some dummy files. I think it's that exclusive build IGN had access to because some trophies were active.

vlcsnap-2018-09-01-02h01m31s023.png

Taking cues from MvCI with that lopsided CSS? Putting DLC in the roster's slots is a great way to scream "CUT CONTENT TO BE RESOLD". 21 characters in the game (including Inferno in the middle) is easily the least we've had in years. Being the first game with planned DLC (including Day One DLC) doesn't help.
If characters aren't "in the right spots", then I don't understand why they would show us a build where their locations on the select screen are incorrect. There were plenty of empty slots before this build, and plenty of places for them to be placing characters in their "right spots", but now it just seems like y'all are reading into this a little too hard and grasping at straws.
I've literally been saying this since day 1. People "confirming" characters based solely on their locations made less sense than any other stupid guesses I've seen.
Did Markman lie? He said that the current build is not indicative of the final roster. If this is the final build, it fits the PlayStation Experience character slots.
Told you guys. Markman and Okubo said the CSS was incomplete because they're PR and have to say that whether or not the roster is gonna change.
Cervantes
4gqtUyW.jpg
His art is immensely cooler than the model we ended up getting. He and Tira got the same treatment.

Glad to know that this demo wasn't the final product... Though baby Raph looks awesome <3 and most of his good SCV moves are still in, with some new cool additions :D

@The Turbanator Again, jumping to conclusions. We still have 47 days left, I highly doubt they'll have nothing more to show between now and then especially with TGS coming this month.
I'm "jumping to conclusions" because it makes too much sense for it to be wrong. The game went gold last week, and they accidentally sent the build to a tourney. There are 4 empty slots that just happen to fit the 4 DLC characters we're missing. Inferno fits perfectly in the middle.

We have at least 4 major trailers left, being Raph, Cerv, new game mode, and launch trailer. That's more than enough to last us the final month and a half.

Being in denial will only bring you disappointment. If you choose to expect a 25 character roster and don't get it, you'll be a lot more upset by the off chance that the opposite happens.

You can still be confident about that with this leak that clearly was not supposed to happen?
What, that it leaked a little earlier than it was supposed to be released? Anyways, I have multiple good reasons to believe this isn't the final roster.

What, that it leaked a little earlier than it was supposed to be released? Anyways, I have multiple good reasons to believe this isn't the final roster.
It leaked two characters when i dont think they intended any reveals this week. It may have set them back by four weeks if you go by the two week reveal schedule.

It leaked two characters when i dont think they intended any reveals this week. It may have set them back by four weeks if you go by the two week reveal schedule.
My point was stated elsewhere.

1. It's already been stated and shown there will be more than 20 base characters. It was made clear right away that it was NOT the final roster.
2. Lizardman, Hwang and Inferno could easily fit in the select to balance out the set. All three of which have been hinted at before in some form or another given their styles and roles are confirmed in the story itself.
3. DLC would logically go in its own slot. Sure, some would say that's dumb, but I know a lot of games do that. I'd expect an update later that properly integrates them.
4. That was, as mentioned, a DEMO screen. We know that for sure that it's not the final build. Even if it were, we also know they could easily hide unrevealed characters they don't want people to see.
5. We have 47 days left until launch and one more big event (TGS). Are we really to believe they'll have nothing more to show for the game when there are clearly more characters? After the Tira debacle it'd be unwise to show off the DLC too early.

The SoulCalibur VI ESRB listing hinted this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but would that not point to them turning in a build that included Tira those months back? It's been a while since I recall reading it... plus I am from Germany so I'm not completely know how the ESRB operates since it is the American rating board association, but doesn't the ESRB not rate DLC? I don't follow how it all operates over there.
I swear that I read that at some point over the years tho. That would mean they gave them a build with Tira to rate if that cutscene is meant to be for Tira. Which it does describe.

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments! I see some interest in posting the infographic to other places. Please, by all means! That's the idea; just remember to send them back here.

Lol thanks. I've been catching typos myself and sneakily updating the images, but I guess after looking at the same thing so many times I've become desensitized to the imperfections. Battle director's commentary on Talim can be found in this thread:
AAAAAAAND of course there's an enormous infodump the moment I post the damn thing. I guess now I have an excuse to update it when the inevitable character reveal comes next week. Geralt's style for CaS is certainly the biggest news here. I hope that means we also get to make recolors and 2P outfits for him in CaS.

Phenomenal idea. I wouldn't mind organizing all the info into a pretty PDF report for Okubo.

Do people actually care about this whale's garbage opinions? He clearly hates fighting games to begin with, not sure why people even listen to him.
I and those involved in wanting to put it together appreciate that!

I'm sorry again that you have to keep on adding more to the infographic though. >.<

Credits to the awesome Aaron Borg that posted this at SOULCALIBUR Competitive Players on Facebook.

He said it's from Melbourne Esports build. Looks fucking real

View attachment 50733View attachment 50734
Ok but wtf are those glasses things on Raphael? I don't like them.
And I think the glasses are why we’re stress sweating...
Maybe Verg's leaker mentioned Raph fans sweating because he knew everyone would freak out and hate on his stylish new glasses XD
Gotta be honest, the glasses on Raphael are proper shite, completely kills his fierce look IMO
I honestly do not like this design for Raph at all. Maybe it’s just the glasses that look off on him.
They messaged me about the notorious "stress sweat" comment a little bit ago and finally elaborated on what that meant since I could never get a straight answer. Raphael was apparently meant to be the last character revealed and his design was something "a lot of his fans would not like."

The more that I look at it the more I cannot help but laugh at how awful the glasses are. rofl
But hey it's Raphael. Beggars can't be choosers as that saying goes.

Nom de dieu de Putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de sa mère! (Pardon my French)

I HAVENT READ ANY OF TOUR POSTS AFTER THE LEAK OF RAPHAËL SO IM BLOODY EXCITED AND GIMME SOME TIME TO GO GRAB A CHICKEN!
I don't know how you feel about his design and the glasses. But that's what customization is for. xD

@Eclair just posted in the other thread they gave them the wrong build.
Reading that happened was somehow funnier than how goofy Raphael's glasses look to me.

Last edited:
This is the most important point in all of this who say that what we've seen is inconclusive of the retail release. If you've paid attention to other game developement you will know that going gold is a 1.0 version.
And the 1.0 version can also be incomplete, contingent upon a Day 1 Patch to finish up loose ends, which could be both the remaining moves list for Raphael (and possibly others, I don't think anyone checked all the moves lists) as well as the remaining characters, Hwang and Lizardman.

They messaged me about the notorious "stress sweat" comment a little bit ago and finally elaborated on what that meant since I could never get a straight answer. Raphael was apparently meant to be the last character revealed and his design was something "a lot of his fans would not like."
That's pretty silly, the second part, I mean. I'm a fan and I'm more than okay with his design, glasses included. Him being saved to be revealed last... I guess oops, that's not the case now, if we've still got Hwang and Lizardman left to be expected, which I do expect them.

Raph fans seem to embrace this.

If the Art team just decided to go all out and just flat out give him a monocle instead that'd be a fun discussion
I thought it was a monocle when i first saw him. I suppose we can just replace the glasses with that in the character edit now anyway.

It's not the glasses I'm opposed to for Raphael but it is those specific glasses. That said hype to see him as he's one of my mains and to be honest I can totally see myself getting used to him once we see story art for him.

As for the roster...I really hope they don't make such a bad move as having DLC characters on the main screen...it's such an old method of trying to make the roster seem bigger than it actually is at launch.

I'm going to hope that the remaining slots are for Inferno, Hwang, Lizardman, and Cassandra but I won't be shocked if they end up being DLC. I will be annoyed that they made such a bad decision when they already have negative public opinion because of Tira. If they do that with all the characters this may not go the way they want.

The only thing that counters the all 4 DLC slots is the fact we have seen Inferno in the game already. That said since he could easily be in the middle his appearance does not rule out those being all DLC. However his appearance does mean that we likely have one more character reveal for him or that he's an unlockable which means other characters might be as well.

According to @Vergeben Raphael was meant to be the last reveal is this as of recently or is this not taking in account the plan to add characters? (Could those added characters mentioned way back actually end up being the DLC characters?)

I can't help but think we now have the full story mode roster but if we also are planned to have 3 characters not part of the story mode are they DLC or are they going to be bonus/unlockable characters? Or was this axed altogether?

Honestly I wish we could find out if there will be any hidden characters to unlock in the game and if so how many....but eh.

You know this build could actually be pretty old. They showed the voldo/talim footage months ago and seeing as we never got to play them yet, it suggests they were all added in this build.

Back