Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Cervantes Artwork:

cerv.jpg

Extra High-Res Artwork:
https://gematsu.com/gallery/albums/...-12-2018/Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_036.jpg

Screenshots:
https://gematsu.com/gallery/soulcalibur-vi/september-12-2018/

His art looks fantastic.

She should probably find out about halfway through the game.

Probably at the end of soul chronicles w Cervantes being sub boss?

wonder if all characters will have so bosses. Remind Tekken 2 with the it's amazing sub bosses. Now thinking about it wonder whynot many fighting games use this concept more often.

Excuse my ignorance on this because i haven't played Cervantes since SC4 and don't quite remember. I saw Dread Charge into GeoDeRay on the trailer and it looks like he flew to the background first, then straight towards the opponent. Was this always a thing and i just don't remember? This implies he has a lot of movement options and that could even be used as an evasive strategy especially if he can also go into the foreground.

Probably at the end of soul chronicles w Cervantes being sub boss?

wonder if all characters will have so bosses. Remind Tekken 2 with the it's amazing sub bosses. Now thinking about it wonder whynot many fighting games use this concept more often.

I actually prefer SFA2's concept of every character has a different end boss. For example it would make sense to me that Setsuka fights Mitsurugi last.

Apparently all revealed main roster characters will be playable in the new build.
Noooo this doesn't go well for more than Raph for base :(
Not that I don't like the current confirmed roster its great selection just ya know I was the believer of moreeeee

I hope at least one person remembers I pointed out this order months ago. I wasn't crazy! That leaker must have written down the list based on the text for that profile screen or profile screen itself.

But yeah, with all the info we have (that leak, the character select screen from Melbourne build, the timeline screenshots, etc) it's looking undeniable that the base roster is that exact list from the leak. Hopefully we won't get too much of a meltdown once this is confirmed as the game is released.

Anyone complaining about roster size should direct their complaints to Namco using these exact words: "Make season pass 2 please!"

I watched your video a month ago about the 4chan list.

Why is everything so black and white with you people? "If you're not head over heels at someone even mentioning the first syllable of SoulCalibur you hate it! You hate it and you're negative and you're whiny!"

My default is cynical, I'm absolutely happy about SC6 but I have every right to criticize it. Tell me a person that's genuinely happy about the size of the roster, amount of stages, costumes relative to the series (and no, this doesn't mean being happy we actually have a roster, stages, or CAS) and I'll show you a liar.

Sorry I was more trying to accept the whining and hope that people don't jump on negative reactions. Hell I whine about things, nothing wrong with the verb. I believe it's apt for first world gaming problems.

I wouldn't whine about roster size because I'm not confident they could balance a huge roster. Tekken 7 took how many years to get to a decent state?

This is absolutely what I wanted to see. Leaks happen -- own it, laugh it off, engage the community with a bit of self-deprecation. That's better PR than enforcing radio silence.

Anyway, fucking hell Cerv looks amazing in this game.

This + infini

Since all the revealed characters are going to be at TGS I hope I'll finally see some good Talim gameplay and hopefully Raphael will be revealed before then so his fans will see gameplay of him as well. As far as TGS is concerned hopefully they'll hint at who is in the season pass or straight up tell us.

I still don't think Cervantes and Rapheal are just it for the base roster. Looking at the Melbourne CSS it wouldn't make sense to have those 2 holes just in the roster for DLC. And besides Hwang and Aeon/Lizardman are probably the most unhype DLC picks they could possibly think of. It just doesn't seem like Bamco is dumb enough to think this is a good idea.

Excuse my ignorance on this because i haven't played Cervantes since SC4 and don't quite remember. I saw Dread Charge into GeoDeRay on the trailer and it looks like he flew to the background first, then straight towards the opponent. Was this always a thing and i just don't remember? This implies he has a lot of movement options and that could even be used as an evasive strategy especially if he can also go into the foreground.

I actually prefer SFA2's concept of every character has a different end boss. For example it would make sense to me that Setsuka fights Mitsurugi last.
Geo de rey after dread charge can be shifted to eighter right or left but in a descent amount of space meaning youll need some distance for it to shift up close no.

After 8 leaks, finally trailer was officially posted on YouTube
When Cervantes first gripped Soul Edge, the power of the cursed sword transformed him into a monster. He used the sword to bring a reign of terror and carnage to the world, as the sword continued to manipulated his mind. But soon the cursed sword’s plans were thwarted by a heroic ninja and a brave warrior. Cervantes was defeated, consumed by fire and sentenced to the depths of hell, his body turned to ash.
Later the now new owner of the Soul Edge, Nightmare comes across Cervantes’s remains, but left without noticing the small glimmer of light emitting from his body. The Soul Edge had once again set the terrible wheels of fate moving and brought Cervantes back from the dead. After his resurrection, Cervantes now walks grinning through a sea of corpses, claiming countless souls and leaving desolation and destruction in his wake. His final aim is clear: to once again to make Soul Edge his own.
Cervantes fights with two weapons, Acheron and Nirvana. His main sword, Acheron, has been his sword since he plundered it from its hapless former owner during his reign of dread across the Atlantic Ocean. His secondary weapon, Nirvana, is a dagger with a pistol in the hilt. While pistols of the time were still relatively primitive, shooting an opponent could break their guard, allowing for a fierce follow-up blow. The gun dagger was a gift from the Italian weapons dealer Vercci and symbolises the twisted connection between the feared pirate and the Merchant of Death.
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_001.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_002.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_003.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_004.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_005.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_006.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_007.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_008.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_009.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_010.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_011.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_012.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_013.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_014.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_015.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_016.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_017.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_018.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_019.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_020.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_021.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_022.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_023.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_024.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_025.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_026.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_027.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_028.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_029.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_030.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_031.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_032.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_033.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_034.jpg
Soulcalibur-VI_2018_09-12-18_035.jpg
Link

Last edited:
Looking at the Melbourne CSS it wouldn't make sense to have those 2 holes just in the roster for DLC.
Inferno and Tira. Cause even if you take their word that Tira wasn't technically done by the cut off, her assets are still done enough to be included on the disk. And Damperre and Yoda/Vader both took up slots if you owned them or not.

You guys think that they upped the graphics in the new trailer. Can't really tell myself since I watch it in mobile while I usually watch sc6 in my laptop.

Back