Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Armour breaks are dumb as all hell and if they didn't get rid of them, I wish the frequency of them would be toned WAY down so they actually only happen once every few games.

Plus they destroy all the hard work I put into my created characters. I don't want people to know my Minotaur character is actually just a fraud human wearing a minotaur mask!!!!!!!
It's not dumb, it's just implemented in a bad way. Look at other games, they don't have exploding clothes there's clothes are just ripped and torn and there body is bruised and bloody. Doa even have sweat, bruises and some items comes off. They just lack a good budget hell tbh they lack the skills even if they had the budget.

It's not dumb, it's just implemented in a bad way. Look at other games, they don't have exploding clothes there's clothes are just ripped and torn and there body is bruised and bloody. Doa even have sweat, bruises and some items comes off. They just lack a good budget hell tbh they lack the skills even if they had the budget.

I bet you anything DoA6 has a fraction of the budget SC6 has. Its just poor decision making. I don't mind if the clothes "explode" or whatever, but it happens too much.

I would prefer a separate topic of armor break to be opened...it's exasperating to hear the same complaints and arguments for and against it. Next game give it a toggle let's move on. Discussing/Debating about it now isn't going to do anything as it's already in the shipped game and if they were to remove it this late it would hurt sales because people would claim it's censorship. This is a topic that would be best utilized when talking about Soul Calibur VII features you want or don't want to see as it is far too late for VI considering it's already waiting to be sold in some stores.

The fanservice is over 9000

asta2.png

asta22.png

Ivy and Taki's standard outfit is i feel more sexualized than any other character's complete removal. So i suppose that may be why i would never be bothered by the equipment removal for that reason. It just looks silly to me.

I dont see the issue with discussing armor breaks here, especially something so unanimously agreed upon to be bad but i suppose such a thing should get its own thread, for organizational purposes if nothing else.

I have in high regard the armour break system in 4. Having Kilik and Taki as an example of how it should be.

I think that it's good to talk about it, because developer teams always look in forums to get feedback and we live in an era where we can get really good updates as patches.
People can have bad opinions of FFXV, but that game adressed almost all of it's flaws taking the feedback from the fans and it should be an example to any title that has a Season Pass and a decent amount of sells.

A thing polls should take in consideration is what content we want priorized.
For example, i want a remodeled armor break system over 2P costumes.
Or i would like beards and a face editor improved, but over anything else i want an optional break option in every piece of equipment of my CaS character, so i can add layers into his design.

For me the cosmetics damage should be a priority in any fighting videogame. Because at it's core, we(I) want cool fights where the hits feels real, and the consecuences of it should be seen in how the character reacts to it and how his body shows the lasting effects of the blow.
The best example being MKX and DOA6.

Not in the near future, no. SoulCalibur VI does not seem to be changing key events in the story, and Amy prematurely turning into Viola would be changing key events in the story. Viola is another thing that doesn't seem feasible until SoulCalibur VII, as it would be the aftermath of SoulCalibur IV that leads Amy to undergo her transformation. We don't even know how many years passed while she remained Amy, before making the change to Viola, losing her memories, and becoming a wandering seer. We also don't know when she met Z.W.E.I., or when the two of them joined Schwarzwind. But Amy would remain Amy until the end of SoulCalibur IV's story, that much is certain.
Or to keep everyone happy, they could always have Viola be Amy's twin sister. Amy is an orphan, so it wouldn't be too far fetched for her to have a twin sister that was raised by a gypsy, psychic, someone who practices magic or something similar. I'd rather have them both as separate characters. It was never officially stated that Viola is Amy, only hinted. Plus, New Timeline too... I don't know, I just think there is a way to have them both in at the same time instead of choosing one over the other.

Or to keep everyone happy, they could always have Viola be Amy's twin sister. Amy is an orphan, so it wouldn't be too far fetched for her to have a twin sister that was raised by a gypsy, psychic, someone who practices magic or something similar. I'd rather have them both as separate characters. It was never officially stated that Viola is Amy, only hinted. Plus, New Timeline too... I don't know, I just think there is a way to have them both in at the same time instead of choosing one over the other.

the mommy or their bigger sister can be a new character in game for sc6 hehe

If you guys don't like people critiquing the game then take it to Reddit where all critiques get downvoted. People's concerns about the armour breaks have been completely valid and aren't just trashing the game for the sake of it.
Is the soul calibur reddit becoming more respectable or is it still a joke ?

Hi, i'm new here, but i've been reading your messages from a long time (page 400 something).

For a Soul Calibur VII i don't think retelling 3 and 4 is a good idea. There hasn't been too much story in there except we have already seen.

Instead i would really like a split story line where we follow the events of V but with the characters discovering the past events of the old characters. Having both casts in the same game.
This could work if we see some characters starting a plot after the events of IV that continues 18 years after.

As an example we can see Cassandra being freed from Astral Chaos and meeting Phyrra, who tells her how Sophitia died.
This way we could have Cassandra with her own style but Phyrra and Sophitia sharing their moveset/character slot and also bringing some conclusion to the characters.

I think this way we could tie all the characters with each other, filling the holes V left seeing how some classic characters passed the torch to the new ones, while bringing some old characters to the new story.

I have a big fanfic script in my head that i will probably share when we start talking about specific characters, so this idea can sink better into you.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Talking about the current game. I don't have any issues right now. Even if i have been playing hundreds of hours since SCII i'm a very casual player and i just want that the game keeps me busy unlocking content in single player modes.
So if the CaS editor and Musseum have a lot of content i will be really happy.

A mode that i would like to see return it's the one on V, about fighting 200 CaS characters with different IA and designs. That mode helped me a lot to differenciate the different play styles of each character and gave me ideas to create my own characters.
At the end i had more time in the editor than fighting (I'm really proud of some of my work )xD

TBH and IMO,its not a good idea bro because killing off characters and removing characters is what made SC5 bad and and what i assume more than half of the community hated about SC 5. introducing more characters is fine but not at the cost of characters we know and love. cutting characters because of popularity is another issue on its own.
What i would like to see is Patroklos style back, but not Patroklos himself, so i mean his personality as a character not coming back, if it would be possible to have give someone else his style like maybe Sophitia's husband Rothion, this would imply a lore change has to be made for this to happen which i hope could happen in SC 7 only time will tell.

I've never had a problem with that Reddit. People gives the thumbs down when they disagree or read similar messages constantly.
It's not like they get salty. But it's that there's no place like here.

Back