Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I had almost no trouble finding matches on XL when set to all regions, here in Germany (US account). Other than maybe 3 periods of time (length varied) where I couldn't find a match, most I found in 30sec or less. Often, if it didn't find a match quickly, the network would error out back to rank select.
I played for nearly 7hrs, I think. Around 10-15 matches were lagging significantly. Only disconnected about 3 times during match, and 2 before the VS screen.

Waiting 30min to match sounds crazy from what I experienced.

The gameplay and visual details are beautiful. I swooned seeing some of new stuff in Tira's arsenal. Also, don't know if anyone else noticed, but it seems you can't mood change post round as Tira anymore. It hurts, I want to see Gloomy more often. ;-;

Did anyone see me? Mostly ran around as Sophitia and Tira.

My girlfriend and I are taking turns playing on X-Box One. ID is LilPuppyLuv. I've been trying every character at least once from 7. Been winning more than expected... well me, not my girlfriend anyway...
Correction... things reversed not long after posting this. She started winning and I started losing. Things evened out in the end though. I'm enjoying 6 a lot and I almost never play online. Oh well have work tomorrow, off to bed.

I'm liking Tira in this game, I might make her one of my subs.
Tira's the type that'd rather have you be her sub.
The new voice actor for Siegfried is...bad.
What, don't you like Goku Black(er)?

Hell, his lines when fighting Nighmare are edgier than his evil version's.
It's been half a day, calm down. Basing buffs/nerfs on a few hours of mostly button mashing is a little silly.

Ivy looks really strong at tournaments for example but she's not great to mash with.
You don't need to be an expert to see blatant issues like Talim's falcon punch being stronger than any other move while having little startup. Your punt about Ivy makes no sense too, because balance is based almost entirely on high level play, not "button mashing".

Just finished playing had a lot of fun but man the number the times I did super by accident when trying for soul charge
I still don't even know HOW to do Soul Charge. I hit all 4 buttons like the old days and that seemed to work but then it didn't and I never pulled it off again, lol. I then realized it might be the CE button + a direction but I never figured out which one for sure, probably back.

What a roller coaster though... Had some great even matches to start with where it didn't matter if I lost because they were always nice and close and exciting, but the last few hours have been hell, from a Tira that spammed the same move over and over (took me one round adjust and counter for the rest of the set and easily beat her but she carried on anyway), followed by a Groh who did nothing but force me to the edge and ring me out as quickly as possible every single round... What's worse, he succeeded, every single round, because I'm a retard and I deserve to die for it. Several matches (against people I stood no chance against) later and now legit considering self-harm (as punishment for my sin of weakness, #Reference) and I meet my final opponent: Taki, who after obliterating me proceeds to deliver her charming victory line of: "This just shows how much better I am than you."

Safe to say the PS4 was shut off immediately upon the end of the set and I then sat on my hands to avoid said self-harm temptation until I felt I could vent in a more harmless manner, i.e; this post.

This folks, is why I don't play online. Just reminds me what a useless waste of space I am. Like an idiot though I'll probably be lured back tomorrow -_-

Sorry for the weirdness, I just really had to get that out for my sanity's sake.

Can anyone tell me some good moves foram nightmare that can allow me to get the opponent off of me? I remember he had b6 back in sc2 and a few nice kicks in SC5, but here everytime someone gets on top of me i feel like my only option is GI or RE. Thanks ^^
use reversal edge when youre in a corner

My girlfriend and I are taking turns playing on X-Box One. ID is LilPuppyLuv. I've been trying every character at least once from 7. Been winning more than expected... well me, not my girlfriend anyway...
Question—- did the graphics look weird? I was playing with Talim and the shadow in the vs screen was like squared/blocky. Don’t really know anyone else who has a Xbox to ask.

well i just turn off the ps4, i reach 5063 exp.

conclusions so far

theres a horde of nightmares and siegfrieds

i dont like the mechanic of clash stone paper sissors, some abuse of that constantly on, since the exp i have is prior sc4, i dont know how to get the right use on those yet.

ohh i do hate talim , so annoying here.

and i miss cassandra so much, the moveset have more opcions for pocket than sophie has, coz sophie after time becomes very readable

Back