Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Attachments

• Sc2-charade.jpg
    Sc2-charade.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 120
Lol then get pissed. I'm LMAO at the kiddy tantrums.
It's not going to change anything at this stage so this pointless infantile rage is at least mildly entertaining.
You're being shady without any reason and I am the kid..... Awkward. I'm just giving my opinion here, but well, go off I guess.

Except they didn't remake those weapon models, they were ported from older games. You wouldn't be able to do that with the Soul Edge weapons.
Whatever, weapons are the easiest things to model ever. I can model 20 pieces in a day, it's not like modeling a character.
Yet suddenly Inferno not being a mimic is a huge issue when a few weeks ago nobody wanted mimics.
I always cared about mimics.
People who are pissed are always the most loud and vocal, people who are pleased are usually chill. It looked like everyone hated mimics for a while because SC5 had 3 of those and many hated it while mimic lovers were chill and silent. Now that there are zero mimics in SC6 get used to mimic lovers being pissed and vocal instead.
A final boss deserves to be more than a mimic
Not when it's called Inferno, not really.

It is a unimaginable stupid decision to make a boss character when Azwel already exists, it is a stupid idea to waste money on modeling, designing and bringing back moves to a essentially useless character.

excuse me but Azwel is a Libra of soul end boss!

Whatever, weapons are the easiest things to model ever. I can model 20 pieces in a day, it's not like modeling a character.

I always cared about mimics.
People who are pissed are always the most loud and vocal, people who are pleased are usually chill. It looked like everyone hated mimics for a while because SC5 had 3 of those and many hated it while mimic lovers were chill and silent. Now that there are zero mimics in SC6 get used to mimic lovers being pissed and vocal instead.

Not when it's called Inferno, not really.
Lol, a lot more work goes into creating a weapon for a fighting game then just quickly slapping a mesh together and calling it a day. It needs to go through the concept art phase first, and there are surely approvals and things the mesh itself needs to go through after being completed. Not to mention the quality of the model should be much higher than what you would get if you slapped together 20 models in a day.

Simply put, the logistics were probably too complicated for that. I'm sure if they could have given us a new weapon for every style, they would have.

How many slots are empty again? Two? If we have more characters to be revealed I hope that Hwang and Lizardman are not the ones to be shown next if that means they will have movesets to Xianghua and Sophitia. I will give them a pass with Inferno, but I hope there won't be two repeats. I'd rather have Hwang and Lizardman as DLC (as much as I truly hate saying that.)

Ivy is not op YOU people
Yeah guys *full screen LH combo that does 40%* Ivy's not that good *full screen command grab if you try to not eat shit from 8wr*
Because nothing was wasted. Inferno didn't take anyone's slot. They're not running out of slots, that's now how it works.
If you want to argue that people would prefer another boss remade, then that makes no sense either for the story timeline. And if you wanted him to be a mimic, I ask why? Inferno's always been dumb and bland because he was just a mimic. He never felt like a final boss. He finally has some moves of his own along with Nightmare and Terror, maybe it can finally do him justice.
Not to mention in order for him to be a mimic, they'd have to make a Soul Edge variation of every weapon, and that's when we get to "maybe they'd be better off just doing another character that we'd like", because it would need more work.
Why do people keep saying he has new stuff? I'm literally seeing no moves of his that i haven't seen from either SCVI Nightmare or SCI Inferno. And even then he was a mimic.
He seems to have his design inspired by Charade, even with that pose
Is SCII the first game any of you played?
How many slots are empty again? Two? If we have more characters to be revealed I hope that Hwang and Lizardman are not the ones to be shown next if that means they will have movesets to Xianghua and Sophitia. I will give them a pass with Inferno, but I hope there won't be two repeats. I'd rather have Hwang and Lizardman as DLC (as much as I truly hate saying that.)
4 slots, enough for the season pass.

Yeah guys *full screen LH combo that does 40%* Ivy's not that good *full screen command grab if you try to not eat shit from 8wr*

Why do people keep saying he has new stuff? I'm literally seeing no moves of his that i haven't seen from either SCVI Nightmare or SCI Inferno. And even then he was a mimic.

Is SCII the first game any of you played?

4 slots, enough for the season pass.
You didn't see any new moves? Is there some full movelist out for Inferno?

Lol, a lot more work goes into creating a weapon for a fighting game then just quickly slapping a mesh together and calling it a day. It needs to go through the concept art phase first, and there are surely approvals and things the mesh itself needs to go through after being completed. Not to mention the quality of the model should be much higher than what you would get if you slapped together 20 models in a day.
You are trying to present weapon modeling as some herculean task when in reality it's the simplest thing a modeler working on a SoulCalibur game can do compared to any other alternative task. As for the concept art phase, with all the re-using of things SC6 does, they could have reused old concept art from past games as well.

You are trying to present weapon modeling as some herculean task when in reality it's the simplest thing a modeler working on a SoulCalibur game can do compared to any other alternative task. As for the concept art phase, with all the re-using of things SC6 does, they could have reused old concept art from past games as well.
It's not a Herculean task, but it's enough work that you can see why maybe it didn't make the cut. It doesn't have to be insanely hard to not make it in - it is simply more work and that's probably why it didn't happen.

The purpose of a mimic is for a player to random select a moveset between rounds on a single character model when they dont want to be locked into a single random select per match. So it does have a purpose. There are other ways to make it even more useful, such as allowing players to select the possible movesets.

The most ideal option should be to tweak Inferno's moveset to include a greater variety of abilities like Cervantes, etc instead of just Nightmare. A collection of characters' moves can effectively become a completely new character provided they are pulled from an assortment.

Boss characters can be balanced. Any move can be balanced. There is such a thing as a glass cannon. This could have been an opportunity for essentially a brand new moveset and something to really get excited about. It would have effectively countered the leaks. But instead, he's just a Nightmare clone with slightly altered abilities that isn't fully playable.

The next best option if it wasnt possible to get all the balancing done on his moveset would have been a mimic but we dont get that either.

Back