Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

sc6infernorevealtrailerimg01.jpg

Inferno does indeed look a little more unique in the trailer.

I like everyone else really needs to see Character Select now and to know for sure if those 4 slots are the DLC or not. If not, we have 3 characters still to reveal (assuming Inferno was one of those 4 and center slot is DLC). If not, Inferno is center slot and we've seen all there is to see.

Stage numbers aside, the only thing that's really bothering me is how lackluster Arcade feels It looks so bare-bones and tacked on, and why the hell, if Inferno is in the game, is he not the final boss of Arcade? :( Arcade is the mode I play most in SC games so the idea of it being the most basic watered down version of it as possible really bothers me.

Thank god we have Soul Chronicles and Libra of Souls.

I'm a little worried about the 'less CAS options' and I don't know why they couldn't just import everything from SCV. Hopefully they'll be able to get it to us in DLC eventually. I have so many plans for CAS, lol. Got around 4 OCs I need to remake and I intend on making 2Ps for every single character on the roster based on past costumes, probably 3Ps too.

I really hope if there's no base characters left to reveal that they will show us the DLC characters soon. It's odd that they've only shown us Tira. I'm sure many people will pre-order the Deluxe to get her but I feel like they should show at least one other character that will be in the pass.

I'm so desperate for the game that I went back to SCV for like 5 hours last night XD Watching all the SCVI gameplay has actually improved my game sense. I even pulled off a couple Guard Impacts which I could never do in SCV lol.

Why does it crack you up ?
Because nothing was wasted. Inferno didn't take anyone's slot. They're not running out of slots, that's now how it works.
If you want to argue that people would prefer another boss remade, then that makes no sense either for the story timeline. And if you wanted him to be a mimic, I ask why? Inferno's always been dumb and bland because he was just a mimic. He never felt like a final boss. He finally has some moves of his own along with Nightmare and Terror, maybe it can finally do him justice.
Not to mention in order for him to be a mimic, they'd have to make a Soul Edge variation of every weapon, and that's when we get to "maybe they'd be better off just doing another character that we'd like", because it would need more work.

Its legit if people would prefer a mimic or another remade boss.
how would a mimic or other remade boss make his spot any less wasted? a mimic would just be an in match random button which hardly anyone would use, and another remade boss wouldn't be tourny legal anyway just like current inferno... from that we have cervantes inferno, abyss, night terror, or a mimic... all seems equally wasted. Regardless if inferno is in the center then a "slot" wasn't wasted since we always knew he would be in game in whatever form and a wasted slot would imply it was meant for someone else.

how would a mimic or other remade boss make his spot any less wasted? a mimic would just be an in match random button which hardly anyone would use, and another remade boss wouldn't be tourny legal anyway just like current inferno... from that we have cervantes inferno, abyss, night terror, or a mimic... all seems equally wasted. Regardless if inferno is in the center then a "slot" wasn't wasted since we always knew he would be in game in whatever form and a wasted slot would imply it was meant for someone else.

i'm talking in terms of people's opinion and what they would prefer.

Is there a mode coming out that's similar to Legendary Souls in V?
I don't know what anyone else's opinion on it is but I used to like running through it quickly as a warm up / quick practice.

Back