Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

You're comparing the biggest fighting game franchise in the world to a game that almost never happened because it is a well known fact the head of the fighting game division at Namco has it out fo it.

You're comparing one of Capcom's key titles to one between many fighting games in Namco's belt.

You're comparing a sequel that lacked time not budget to a sequel that lacked both.

It is not a bad analogy, it is a terrible one.

PS: To everyone who is bitching about early DLC after flailing around asking to know what was in the season pass: Get better.

While you're making good points, but i'd like to remind that Street Fighter wasn't considered main title in the company for years... until SF4 happened.

Of course nowadays even with the fact that SFV didn't sell as well as Capcom wanted at launch they still consider SF as one of their main titles, you can clearly see it just by the amount of the support the game got that is just insane to say the least.

the lack of CAS parts is what's limiting my enjoyment of Creation mode and Libra. :(

I'm mainly playing through the individual Stories and Arcade while I wait for more CAS parts to drop as DLC...…….

which is why I'm hoping 2B's main costume will be CASable.

It could be an act of desperation, if they are crunching for DLC then bamco is pushing them to put it out as fast as possible so they don't have to pay them to do the work as long, it could be a sign that sales aren't high and they are trying to get the DLC out asap to recoup costs, it could also mean less quality assurance is put into the DLC meaning it could come with bugs or be unbalanced or just lower quality overall. If we do get her in the next two weeks and the other DLCs rather quickly I will be happy we don't have to wait a year but that doesn't mean it's a "good" thing.

Game development isn't linear, there is no desperation as it's obvious at this point that 2B has been planned for a long time. The developers of Tekken 7 have said that from conception to completion a proper brand new character takes roughly six months, with this in mind 2B got the go ahead around March/April of this year.

The idea that a DLC character production starts just when the game is out is naive, considering all the legal stuff they have to go through 2B was probably being planned to be part of the Season pass as soon as Namco gave the green light to it even exist.

2B so soon is actually a marketing move if I ever seem one, you show a highly popular and requested character a day after the game that was known to be a big hit before was even out comes out (RDR2) you better have something to keep some eyes on your game.

Be it the media or players. And considering 2B annoucement has almost 1M views on YT right now, it was a extremely smart move.

I'm going to play this game for as long as possible and I will stream it when the internet gods finally give me that fast connection... I'll make fanart, too (I can draw pretty decently). I wont let this game die, it's my favorite game ever and it helped me get through very hard times in my life. Now I am having the worst time in my life (not to get into too much detail...) and bam! Soulcalibur is here again to save my soul. I'm gonna buy it today again on PC and I really don't give a shit about all the mistakes they made. I can feel the passion Project Soul has for it, if someone can't then I pity you. Most, if not all, other fighters look very uninspired compared to SC, to me. Not to mention, it is the only game of it's kind.
I agree with everything in this post and I can relate to this so much it hurts. Keep on going,I hope everything gets better.

"When you're practicing to hide your Summon Suffering inputs through standard moves only for your training to be screwed over because the oils in the tip of your thumb dries up making the experience like trying to ice skate on velcro"

1511637950817.jpg

no, listen a new game should always be an improvement of the last game and never go backwards on any aspect and if its not improved then at least it needs to stay the same quality. they are lacking content for CAS and that is not right.

No. Unless you see games as products for the masses only, then sure.

Taking out features is common in design to make room or devote resources to other features.

The idea that a DLC character production starts just when the game is out is naive, considering all the legal stuff they have to go through 2B was probably being planned to be part of the Season pass as soon as Namco gave the green light to it even exist.

2B so soon is actually a marketing move if I ever seem one, you show a highly popular and requested character a day after the game that was known to be a big hit before was even out comes out (RDR2) you better have something to keep some eyes on your game.

Be it the media or players. And considering 2B annoucement has almost 1M views on YT right now, it was a extremely smart move.

Oh wow i didn't even realize that 2B trailer got so much views, it also has about 640K in Playstation channel which is way above than any of the past SC trailers in this channel. Well i'm not too much into guest characters but there is no deny that they really can do good for a fighting game, hope this will show up well in sales.

well if she was in development since January then that's a bit more understandable

we'll see if that means anything for the other DLCs

Yes, you're right and I was wrong.
Verge was right or wrong - only time will tell

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Soulcalibur_characters#Guest_characters

Soulcalibur V
That's more of a boot licking move from Daishi rather than real guests... they only had specific skins, they were nothing special and shouldn't actually be considered guests. Otherwise, Harada should also be seen as a guest...

Back