Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Can we...stop talking about the outfit now? Me and a few other posters already explained the significance and no one is obligated to like it.

You'd think they'd be more open about dlc, once the game is out. Frankly, I was tired of them being tight-lipped prior to the launch and I'm still tired of it now. Giving us major info only to go silent for a few days doesn't built hype. It's annoying

Its been more than a few days, unless you meant a few weeks. If they could demonstrate 2B gameplay then she must have been mostly done at the time.

Thing is i dont even see how its a good business decision. Holiday season is here now and people are making their purchases. Get the season pass info out already, even if its not ready for a while. People will feel more comfortable buying it (myself included) if we know what we are buying.

Can we...stop talking about the outfit now? Me and a few other posters already explained the significance and no one is obligated to like it.

You'd think they'd be more open about dlc, once the game is out. Frankly, I was tired of them being tight-lipped prior to the launch and I'm still tired of it now. Giving us major info only to go silent for a few days doesn't built hype. It's annoying
The lack of a release date for 2B is disturbing.

Its been more than a few days, unless you meant a few weeks. If they could demonstrate 2B gameplay then she must have been mostly done at the time.

Let's just say months, since they didn't even tell us the number of characters on the base roster, until the final months up to release

I wonder if its a possibility that square enix can complicate things just before release or maybe even pull out of the deal entirely?

That would actually damage SoulCalibur 6. BIG TIME. It's one thing to hype a very popular and requested character, showcase the content involved with said character, and then go silent for while. If they were to cancel this, this will damage the game's image, especially to the media. Some people are outright saying 2B will draw them to the game. If they cancel the dlc, those sales are gone. It could even result in refunds, since that will break the trust fans made with Namco Bandai.

Let's just say months, since they didn't even tell us the number of characters on the base roster, until the final months up to release

That would actually damage SoulCalibur 6. BIG TIME. It's one thing to hype a very popular and requested character, showcase the content involved with said character, and then go silent for while. If they were to cancel this, this will damage the game's image, especially to the media. Some people are outright saying 2B will draw them to the game. If they cancel the dlc, those sales are gone. It could even result in refunds, since that will break the trust fans made with Namco Bandai.
Agreed, it would be a disaster. I'm just wondering if that is a possibility.

Not really. Namco announced Noctis 4 months before his release, and they didn't announce the release date until the week before he came out.

Major difference though is i doubt anyone actually gave a shit about Noctis. Also since 2B is the first of the season pass, means we also need to wait an unknown amount of time before the other characters' reveal and release as well.

The lack of a release date for 2B is disturbing.

Unpopular opinion but I think Season Passes should be more transparent.

I'm trying to remind myself in regards to Soulcalibur 6 that Smash Ultimate's season pass will be over the course of two years and I doubt they will give release dates or character hints. It feels more like a blind box than a VIP ticket to mind-blowing content.

Then as y'all stated, we saw actual gameplay of 2B and she looks mostly done but it's unclear if we will see her before 2019. Idk what hang-ups there are as far as "balance" but they recently released an article about deciding move names. This sucks.

If we get Cassie, Setsuka, Algol, Rock... whatever. Great, i'll pay for it.

If we get cool guest characters: Nakaruru, Artorias, Alucard... whatever, i'll pay for it.

But i am not blindly purchasing Kurosaki Ichigo or Trunks or some other bullshit that is stupid.

As time drags on and seeing that we’re now in December (the holidays!) with no release date, I’m starting to think that 2B is going to be released officially mid-late January, just about four months after SCVI’s release.

Major difference though is i doubt anyone actually gave a shit about Noctis. Also since 2B is the first of the season pass, means we also need to wait an unknown amount of time before the other characters' reveal and release as well.
Okay, so your major difference that people didn't like Noctis's announcement? How does that effect how they pace and market their DLC?

But to cover your second point, here's another one. Geese was announced for Tekken four months before he was released. Outside of a Microsoft store leak a week before, they didn't officially announced his release date the day before his release. And they still had an unknown amount of time before the other character's reveal and release as well. Except they announced Noctis before Geese came out, so that wasn't even a factor.

Meanwhile their season 2 pass has been out for 3 months and they still haven't announced the next character (but probably will tomorrow). There is nothing unusual about this. This is how Namco operates. So expect character releases to take a few months, and the release date to be extremely close to release.

Anyone else with trouble with the online research? I just put 4+ bars and found a player with one.

Okay, so your major difference that people didn't like Noctis's announcement? How does that effect how they pace and market their DLC?

But to cover your second point, here's another one. Geese was announced for Tekken four months before he was released. Outside of a Microsoft store leak a week before, they didn't officially announced his release date the day before his release. And they still had an unknown amount of time before the other character's reveal and release as well. Except they announced Noctis before Geese came out, so that wasn't even a factor.

Meanwhile their season 2 pass has been out for 3 months and they still haven't announced the next character (but probably will tomorrow). There is nothing unusual about this. This is how Namco operates. So expect character releases to take a few months, and the release date to be extremely close to release.

Its definitely different on our end, maybe not theirs. I dont know what they're doing with DLC but i think they should release information and schedule announcements more in line with players' preferences.

Not really. Namco announced Noctis 4 months before his release, and they didn't announce the release date until the week before he came out.
Maybe not a exact release date, but the trailer did at least show a seasonal release window. It was still a long wait, but it's much better than just getting "soon" because you have at least have some ACTUAL expectation for when the dlc would come out.

Loot boxes is on a whoolllllllee another level compared to mystery passes. Loot boxes is why I stopped playing Destiny and didnt even look at the Star Wars Battlefront games.
You know what I mean though. Sometimes I think gaming companies are deliberately trying to shoot themselves in the feet with practices that end up screwing over their customers. ._.

Back