Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Cassandra and Amy is really what should have been expected since release, thanks to their unique costume arts, so we really shouldn't be all that shocked. I'm mostly saddened by Hwang not getting a second chance at life. I guess he'll have to move back home with Li Long... and kick Rock out and have to build him a new home, I guess.

I wouldn't really count on a season two, either, so my expectations are that Yun-seong, Setsuka, Hilde, and Algol will return in SoulCalibur VII, along with a couple of other newcomers like Grøh and Azwel. If Lizardman is going to return, he might do it there, else he may be moving in with the other three boys.

I think that Z.W.E.I. and Viola will be natural evolution of Grøh and Amy in due time, maybe hinted at in SoulCalibur VII and then shown in SoulCalibur VIII.

I wouldn't really count on a season two, either, so my expectations are that Yun-seong, Setsuka, Hilde, and Algol will return in SoulCalibur VII, along with a couple of other newcomers like Grøh and Azwel. If Lizardman is going to return, he might do it there, else he may be moving in with the other three boys.

I'm seeing this as a real possibility with SC7 covering the events of SC3 and SC4. Soul Calibur has finally found it's grove again with SC6 taking elements from SC2 so perhaps we won't get the usual treatment of Project Soul trying the reinvent the wheel again and players being locked down with the same characters but with completely new game plans again.

And would bet on a season two. These fighting games rely on DLC to keep them alive.

Walking corpses are not alive. :P

logo.jpg

Regarding the possibility of SC7 instead of S2, I wouldn't expect to see SC7 on 8th gen consoles. It seems for fighting games to remain healthy it's better to have a new entry with a new generation. If no S2 I expect a 4 to 5 year wait.

Yes, please, please Cassandra, just make it happen.

Then I´ll ask Pyrrha too, but since is more possible Cassie right now, give her to us! <3

I'm seeing this as a real possibility with SC7 covering the events of SC3 and SC4. Soul Calibur has finally found it's grove again with SC6 taking elements from SC2 so perhaps we won't get the usual treatment of Project Soul trying the reinvent the wheel again and players being locked down with the same characters but with completely new game plans again.
Regarding the possibility of SC7 instead of S2, I wouldn't expect to see SC7 on 8th gen consoles. It seems for fighting games to remain healthy it's better to have a new entry with a new generation. If no S2 I expect a 4 to 5 year wait.
SoulCalibur II and III were both on the same gen, as well as SoulCalibur IV and V, so it wouldn't be unheard of to see SoulCalibur VII launch the year before the next console generation. And don't forget that we still need to represent SoulCalibur II, since SoulCalibur VI just went up to the start of but didn't actually play out events of SoulCalibur II. 1590-1591 was a busy time, fitting three games in that same yearish.

SoulCalibur II and III were both on the same gen, as well as SoulCalibur IV and V, so it wouldn't be unheard of to see SoulCalibur VII launch the year before the next console generation.

You've missed my point that I'm making. In this age, for fighting games to remain healthy monetary wise and player base it's better to release one per generation now. 7th gen is pretty much looking to be the last generation to have many multiple entries in a fighting franchise on one console. IMO the only reason the likes of MK getting another sequel on same gen is because MKX was released early in the 8th generation.

Also forgot to mention that we've got the events of SC2 next, that slipped my mind.

Think the series is saved? Loli and Joe from Blue’s Clues make the SP a pass unless they’re wearing something really useful. Do hope Cassie’s hair can get damaged like Tira’s and Mi-Na’s though just so she can get the bob cut which suits her main appearance better. Ponytails look better on her when she wears armor.

I'm pissed.
Cassandra and Amy but no Setsuka? Are you fucking kidding me?
Setsuka and Hilde both have unique styles going for, but story relevance going against. They're really more suited for SoulCalibur VII.

I’ll say yes to Cass...but since Raph is good now we have no need for Amy. :/
Sophitia is also good, so we have no need for Cassandra, by that logic. Both Raphael and Amy can be good.

Really good for the series if they have Cassandra for DLC cause whenever i watch something soul calibur related on any platform I see people asking for her. Not to happy about Amy being in SP1. They should’ve instead had Setsuka or Hilde and save Amy for SP2 imo. But it makes sense as she was seen in story but then again, so was Hwang. Oh well, you can never please everyone with one season pass. I’m happy either way

FML not Amy, im happy with the DLC so far but these rumors about Amy is ruining the season pass form me, Setsuka should have been DLC the world is not perfect i guess neither is SC6 DLC.

Setsuka and Hilde both have unique styles going for, but story relevance going against. They're really more suited for SoulCalibur VII.

Sophitia is also good, so we have no need for Cassandra, by that logic. Both Raphael and Amy can be good.
Except Sophie and Cass have never outclassed each other whereas Amy has been outplaying Raph ever since she made her playable debut in SC3.

Back