Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Regarding Raphael. The really good ones won't let you move an inch. I've met a couple and won't soon forget it. They certainly know how to exploit his speed. He's easy to GI but that doesn't help much if they know what they're doing. So yeah, I also suspect some cracks.

There's elks in that stage.

Unless those elks are robots too? I didn't play Nier
They're robot elks. 😁 Speaking of robots, has anyone else gotten this glitch while making an automaton using 2Bs moveset? 🤔 This little guy shows up glitching inside your character.
20181229_151136.jpg

It only happened when I was in view mode and only on a few animations. So weird.

Too early for 2B, but here’s where I can comfortably rate some heroes.

Top: Sophitia, Azwel
High: Mina, Ivy, Raphael, Xianghua, Geralt
Mid: Groh, Voldo, Cervy, Kilik, Maxi, Siegfried, Yoshi, Zas, Asta
Low: Talim, Taki, Nightmare, Mitsu, Tira.

Balance is pretty tight, and this was made before the recent patches, so changes maybe changes some things. The low tier group tends to rely more on gimmicky stuff or are easily defeated using some simple tricks.

If anything, the new patch probably puts Azwel more in line with everyone else. I can’t say any changes fixes Sophitia up or down, but she’s still in a really good spot. Mina is good, but I don’t think she’s high tier, but everyone says so. Too much praise for Ivy and Raph. Geralt, X are pretty safe and are really good at keeping opponents honest.

Cervy is too unsafe for high tier, but still has insane damage off a lot of stuff. Groh is debatable, but feels more limited when you know you can break him apart in AVN. Kilik might be high, AD is good, but his SC is pretty terrible. Siegfried has barely anything new feels gimmicky, but retains a few solid options. Yoshi is really solid, could be higher tier. Zas is good, but limited. Astaroth has some real potential here. Maxi feels like he has the same problems Groh has.

Talim seemingly struggles, relies heavily on gimmicky stance. Taki seems very limited and gutted. Mitsu in a similar position, Nightmare has nothing new besides SC moves which are pretty limited in function, still crumbles with 2A, 2K.
They're robot elks. 😁 Speaking of robots, has anyone else gotten this glitch while making an automaton using 2Bs moveset? 🤔 This little guy shows up glitching inside your character.
View attachment 57309
It only happened when I was in view mode and only on a few animations. So weird.

That's truly bizarre. From a technical perspective, I can't even come up with a plausible explanation for why that would happen. Maybe @Sectus would have a theory? You're certain that you weren't using any modeled art asserts for that creation that might be shared in common with that little bot? I mean even that would be a peculiar explanation as it would still be rendered from a different file, but it would suggest a direction for possible explanations.

That's truly bizarre. From a technical perspective, I can't even come up with a plausible explanation for why that would happen. Maybe @Sectus would have a theory? You're certain that you weren't using any modeled art asserts for that creation that might be shared in common with that little bot? I mean even that would be a peculiar explanation as it would still be rendered from a different file, but it would suggest a direction for possible explanations.
My automaton was completely naked with Azwels hairstyle, nothing else. 🤷‍♂️ Actually, when I first saw it I didn't know that model was actually in the game from one of 2B's entrances. For a brief moment I thought it was an Easter egg to Automata's fanbase. 😅

My automaton was completely naked with Azwels hairstyle, nothing else. 🤷‍♂️ Actually, when I first saw it I didn't know that model was actually in the game from one of 2B's entrances. For a brief moment I thought it was an Easter egg to Automata's fanbase. 😅

That was actually my first thought as well, but then why have it show up by clipping through the creation at an odd angle and only with certain poses in the view mode? Very strange indeed!

The lag is so bad. I kinda see what they were looking at with some of the stuff in the upcoming patch. Voldo mains do nothing but stay in mantis crawl for example.

I'm almost certain that the stubby robot with bucket is an unintended glitch, and will probably be patched out with the next patch. They did specifically mention creation mode was getting some changes, so it feels like they're be working out some kinks, and this would be one of them. The robot will also appear on 2B or any other character using 2B's style, but only in the viewing mode. It's probably there because of 2B's intro pose that uses it, so it's technically a "weapon" of hers, like Virtuous Spear and Virtuous Grief, that only phases in when needed, but is unintentionally showing in creation mode.

Wait a second, why is Xianghua high in your opinion? By the way, I'm new here. I want to learn the game as much as I can. Still, why is Xianghua considered good to you. I've seen some players brush her off to B tier or Low-Mid.

Her ring out game is strong since she can easily carry opponents, even from a simple 3B or FC 3B (the latter being safe). Her aGI's are very good and augment her already strong ring out potential while not being very unsafe on block. Stance mix-ups are strong. She is one of the few characters who have low grabs. And she has an i10 AA & i12 CE (the CE is guaranteed after stance grabs).

Last edited:
The lag is so bad. I kinda see what they were looking at with some of the stuff in the upcoming patch. Voldo mains do nothing but stay in mantis crawl for example.
Use RE when dealing with Mantis stance. It easily clips Voldo and has no options to escape it when it happens. Just be careful though, as a very smart Voldo will attempt to bait out your RE and then go in with MCHT/FT 66.

But regarding the Mantis, it’s Voldo’s best stance (and probably his only good one). Blindstance is just kinda there for making a quick getaway so you can enter MCHT that way due to it’s faster backstep and sidestep. Sure he has some decent stuff in Blindstance but it’s not really much in a neutral situation. As for Landfish, you may as well forget that stance exists since it’s locked behind his rather mediocre Soul Charge.

Use RE when dealing with Mantis stance. It easily clips Voldo and has no options to escape it when it happens. Just be careful though, as a very smart Voldo will attempt to bait out your RE and then go in with MCHT/FT 66.

But regarding the Mantis, it’s Voldo’s best stance (and probably his only good one). Blindstance is just kinda there for making a quick getaway so you can enter MCHT that way due to it’s faster backstep and sidestep. Sure he has some decent stuff in Blindstance but it’s not really much in a neutral situation. As for Landfish, you may as well forget that stance exists since it’s locked behind his rather mediocre Soul Charge.
No. I don't necessarily have an issue with it. I'm talking about the dev comments saying that they'd change him so mains would utilize other moves. I see why they'd say/do it. I do need to test my RE cancel though, thanks for reminding me.

Regarding Raphael. The really good ones won't let you move an inch. I've met a couple and won't soon forget it. They certainly know how to exploit his speed. He's easy to GI but that doesn't help much if they know what they're doing. So yeah, I also suspect some cracks.

He also has RE cancels and those are truly obnoxious.

Risk reward...
Raph risk reward is really bad, you can simple stop using your brain, know frames and take random answers.
for example random steps will get you few damage on a wrong guess opposed to a launcher if you guess right.

Raphael pressure is quite bad.

On the other hand if you start pressing against him you will let him punish anything... but being able to answer each mixup deserves a reward doesn t it?

Only Op thing i found is B+K evasion form being a hard counter against talim AAB mixups and that is indeed wrong.
Unfortunately Namco proven more than once they hate raphael and want him low tier and will nerf him until he totally disappear from tournament scene... (he s doing quite bad recently).

Risk reward...
Raph risk reward is really bad, you can simple stop using your brain, know frames and take random answers.
for example random steps will get you few damage on a wrong guess opposed to a launcher if you guess right.

On the other hand if you start pressing against him you will let him punish anything... but being able to answer each mixup deserves a reward doesn t it?

Only Op thing i found is B+K evasion form being a hard counter against talim AAB mixups and that is indeed wrong.
Unfortunately Namco proven more than once they hate raphael and want him low tier and will nerf him until he totally disappear from tournament scene... (he s doing quite bad recently).
Nah, Namco is probably going to nerf him to the ground when Amy comes out. After all we can’t have two good fencers in one game. Kappa

Raphael has a number of things going for him. One of those is that he is one of the very few characters with tracking Bs, great damage off a few basic combos. A Punisher that lethal hits and some absurd RE setups, that, much like Soul Charged Sophitia, is difficult to deal with for some characters.

Some of his patch notes address these tracking Bs, so he may have fallen from a tier, but he still has great spacing and control and speed.

Risk reward...

False. The risk-reward is heavily in his favour and his pressure game is not only very good, it's in fact one of the best of all characters due to his frames and pokes. Even more so when the opponent's guard gauge is flashing red, which allows for guaranteed guard crushes in some cases. For example, 66A+B after Prep KKB on hit or Prep BBB after hitting someone with 6B or WR BB into iPrep. He also has one of the best backstep killers with 66B. His stance entries are strong, even on block. His wall game is ridiculously strong. He still gets insane damage from an i10 punisher. Need I say more? You clearly don't understand his strengths so you're better off switching to someone else if you play Raphael.

Last edited:
Back