Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Assuming we still get free CaS stuff, I sure hope one of them is the Fetching Leotard without the bowtie. Why does pantyhose have to be scarce?

Also I hope that the music shows up in the random selection for CaS. The same few themes get tiring after a while.

Assuming we still get free CaS stuff, I sure hope one of them is the Fetching Leotard without the bowtie. Why does pantyhose have to be scarce?

Also I hope that the music shows up in the random selection for CaS. The same few themes get tiring after a while.

I know some people have expressed vexation that the first CaS pack is mostly SCV imports, but for myself, I'm excited by what that might point towards: what if each pay-for DLC pack is a 67-ish selection of items from a different game, and they move their way retroactively back through the series? Probably a pipe dream to assume they would get very fair in that process, but...an exciting idea; I have so many hundreds of legacy characters I'd love to remake if I could. I suppose it's too much to hope for that they would think to boost the creations slots to 200....

That's just a fan art though, not the official art.
The official one is this:
View attachment 59173

Lovely art, she looks super cute. Is it in full anywhere yet?

I think Kawano does better art with the more adult characters though, both Amy and Talim look a bit bland in the face next to the more, uh, "mature" women like Taki and Ivy. But no matter. Just please Christ, Okubo, don't pull a IV and gut Raph to push his players onto Amy again. I'll make her an orphan again, don't think I won't. :sc4rap1: :sc4amy1:

I have to say, I'm really impressed with what they've done with Amy. Her outfit's very pretty and it's clear they've taken great strides to differentiate her even further from Raphael, it now seems like the only thing they have in common is that they wield a rapier (just pls don't gut Raph further Project Soul :( ). I also love the Viola references in the second half of the trailer and am super curious to if Azwel has anything do with it. It's taken my interest in her from "Ehh....." to pretty freaking interested, and if they can do that with a character I don't particularly like, I'm eager to see what they do with Cassandra and the Season 2 characters (if they ever come to fruition).

The first CaS pack could be better, but there appear to be at least a few good pieces returning so I'm not too disappointed. I'm just glad we're getting new ones.

"Soon" could mean 3 days as the stuff is slated for release on Feb. 19.
I highly doubt that, because if that were case, they would've just had the date in the end of the trailer. At the very least, I think we can surmise that they are sticking to a 2 month gap per each dlc release; so we'll probably get Amy around April 20th, CAS pack 2 in mid-late June, and Cassandra in mid-late August (probably going to get her trailer at EVO at August 2-4).

Amy's reveal was such a huge surprise for me. I literally didn't know how to react. My brother heard me from the next room and thought I was in agony. This is too much happy for me to process right now. LOVE the redesign. LOVE the new moveset. LOVE the fact she's actually getting a Soul Chronicle. I don't know what else to say... I'm just at peak happy at the moment.

Actually I do know what to say. Cassandra fans, hang in there! This confirms her! There's no need to doubt in the slightest! They probably chose Amy first based on the marketing team, because she's more popular in Japan, so it made more sense to announce her at a Japanese event. Cassandra is definitely getting announced at the next big western gaming event. Plus they wanted to save 'the best for last', because Cassandra is more popular over all. Fans would be disappointed if they finished off the first season pass with Amy.

I highly doubt that, because if that were case, they would've just had the date in the end of the trailer. At the very least, I think we can surmise that they are sticking to a 2 month gap per each dlc release; so we'll probably get Amy around April 20th, CAS pack 2 in mid-late June, and Cassandra in mid-late August (probably going to get her trailer at EVO at August 2-4).

I think the truth is probably somewhere between those two projections (yours and James'), personally. They are clearly quite far along on Amy, if not finished, and 2B was released not super long after her trailer dropped. I think the pattern is probably going to be a couple of months between characters, not between all DLC drops. Also, I'm pretty sure the order is going to be Amy, Cass, CaS 2, rather than Amy, CaS 2, Cass. Now, the irony is, a few months back I was urging people not to get their hopes up and expect this first season to be complete before late August, but given recent evidence, I think there's cause to be more optimistic. I think Namco is investing hard to make the serialized content model attractive, since it allows them to break out of the mode of sales that has left their fighting games increasingly less profitable over recent years.

Last edited:
My bad. The release date is for DLC 3, whereas Amy is DLC 4...

really liking Amy's outfit. I think it would pair great with Ivy's style ( if it doesn't clip ) or Azwel's style ( if it doesn't constantly flash her panties.....lol ).

hope Amy can get released by the end of February or early March at least. And then maybe Cassandra in April?

hope we won't have to wait too long for Cass. are there any other upcoming fighting events where they could drop a reveal trailer?

edit: hope we don't have to wait until August for Cass!! :( By August, we should have an idea of who's in SP 2........lol

I'm hoping that Cass is not far around the corner. Presumably they've been at work on her for a while, but even if they are significantly farther behind on her as compared against Amy, Amy's being apparently more or less complete (one assumes from what we've seen and the "coming soon" anyway) and the CaS being due out in a matter of days means that almost all energy of any staff assigned to SC DLC right now will be falling squarely on her. I have to say, it's looking like we will have Season One complete by mid-spring, which is several months sooner than even the most optimistic projections I would have made last year. And then, hopefully full steam ahead to Season Two. All aboard the hype train!!

Heck yeah, looks like we have a lot to look forward to. My only hope is that the marketing team can do a little better moving forward to keep players interested while we're waiting for content instead of going silent on us.

I wonder if once season 1 is finished if they'll release a complete edition or if they'll wait until after season 2. Right now in Canada the game is retailing for 39.99 so something like that could help bring the price tag back up to the standard 79.99

I really like the rose toss SC grab she does.

Also, are they emphasizing a lot of horizontals for her ?

I don't know.......

having to wait ANOTHER 2 months for Amy release is just too long. She should be released in March at the latest.

2B was revealed in October and released in December, I believe. It's already been 2 months since we got a new character (2B). waiting another 2 months would mean it would be 4 months for the next character (Amy).

that's way too long, imo. and it kills interest in the game.

I don't know.......

having to wait ANOTHER 2 months for Amy release is just too long. She should be released in March at the latest.

2B was revealed in October and released in December, I believe. It's already been 2 months since we got a new character (2B). waiting another 2 months would mean it would be 4 months for the next character (Amy).

that's way too long, imo. and it kills interest in the game.
Gotta take into account that you need to make the character, the animations, the playtesting and the QA.

Back