Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

SCVI Season 2 has been decided.

Yes, it surely has. But you don't know who they are. We all have our best speculation based on the available body of evidence--I'm confident within a fairly high degree of certainty who those six are--but it's doubtful a single person who doesn't work for Namco knows for sure, you and I most certainly included.

SoulCalibur III already did it. They’ve only improved at diversifying movesets since then. It’s definitely possible and probable.
Guess what, they didn’t have to sell them as DLC. But again not doing this argument again.

SoulCalibur III already did it. They’ve only improved at diversifying movesets since then. It’s definitely possible and probable.

True, but Li Long is NEVER returning.

Yes, it surely has. But you don't know who they are. We all have our best speculation based on the available body of evidence--I'm confident within a fairly high degree of certainty who those six are--but it's doubtful a single person who doesn't work for Namco knows for sure, you and I most certainly included.

I do know all SCVI Season 2 characters: Rock, Yun-seong, Aeon, Hwang, Viola, & Setsuka. I was only wrong about Algol. @Nyte Namco did confirm Rock for SCVI Season 2.

Guess what, they didn’t have to sell them as DLC. But again not doing this argument again.

Games were more complete back in 2005.

Nothing is "confirmed" untill we recieve an official information from Namco that it is. Everyone would think that Cass is going to be next but it turned out to be Amy.
Also am I only one who doesn't want any more magical-wielding-orbs-werewolves-pokemon-characters-that-are-nightmare-to-balance back? Because Viola was one of if not the worst of characters in that regard in the entire series

I must have missed something, where is all this Viola speculation coming from? Project Soul throwing in a few "clever" references to Viola with Amy does in no way mean they intend to revisit the character or a future which may no longer exist, same as the Dumas reference is in no way indicating that they will follow the same storyline and end up with Raphmare. I'd personally be surprised if Viola was DLC for SCVI. Remember also that we don't know for sure that a possible season 2 would really be six characters. The references found in the data need not be there at this stage, and if they did they would not be codenames, which means they were likely planted. There is a possibility Project Soul is gauging interest by following discussions and seeing which character is most requested.

Why y'all acting new, Frayhua has been like this for 7 years now lmao
Yeah, but this "confirmed" nonsense is tedious; just blatantly misrepresenting the status of DLC like that is frankly an absolute dick move, as not all of our community members are aware of the bullshit-to-actual-fact ratio of Frayhau's assertions (30:1, in case anyone was wondering about the exact figure).

Nothing is "confirmed" untill we recieve an official information from Namco that it is. Everyone would think that Cass is going to be next but it turned out to be Amy.
Also am I only one who doesn't want any more magical-wielding-orbs-werewolves-pokemon-characters-that-are-nightmare-to-balance back? Because Viola was one of if not the worst of characters in that regard in the entire series
You know I'm normally 100% with you on this "please give use actual, real world weapons and somewhat grounded designs, instead of more magic/anime goofiness" argument. But I actually think Viola is the best of all the floaty magic weapon styles, by a huge margin; I'd be more than happy to have her back, provided it didn't cost us Amy in any future game.

I must have missed something, where is all this Viola speculation coming from?
What's the most recent info you heard? There was a new dev presentation day before yesterday that added a new still which has further foregrounded the Viola subplot. I'm not sure if you were aware of that/factored it into your assessment. Personally, I still think there's a chance that plot line is just being set up now for a much later pay-off, but by the same token, I have to say that each time we get more indication of dialogue/interaction between Azwel and Amy, with the crystal ball clearly involved, it gets a little harder to not assume that they are setting up Viola for more immediate relevance, somehow.

Last edited:
Yeah, but this "confirmed" nonsense is tedious; just blatantly misrepresenting the status of DLC like that is frankly an absolute dick move, as not all of our community members are aware of the bullshit-to-actual-fact ratio of Frayhau's assertions (30:1, in case anyone was wondering about the exact figure).

You know I'm normally 100% with you on this "please give use actual, real world weapons and somewhat grounded designs, instead of more magic/anime goofiness" argument. But I actually think Viola is the best of all the floaty magic weapon styles, by a huge margin; I'd be more than happy to have her back, provided it didn't cost us Amy in any future game.

What's the most recent info you heard? There was a new dev presentation day before yesterday that added a new still which has further foregrounded the Viola subplot. I'm not sure if you were aware of that/factored it into your assessment. Personally, I still think there's a chance that plot line is just being set up now for a much later pay-off, but by the same token, I have to say that each time we get more indication of dialogue/interaction between Azwel and Amy, with the crystal ball clearly involved, it gets a little harder to not assume that they are setting up Viola for more immediate relevance, somehow.
I can agree that by sheer design - Viola is the best from SCV and she is a great character. But what I don't like is how extremely difficult she is to balance and considering that we still have hitbox issues on normal characters she could indeed turn out to be nothing but a hellspawn. But if they somehow manage to do her right I won't have any problems

I knew there was a presentation, but my interest in the game is waning at the moment so I'll confess I haven't looked into the details of it. I did see some screenshots with a bit of dialog from the presentation, and I just got the feeling they were only referencing Viola in an easter egg sort of way, without intending to go anywhere with it.

EDIT: Note that I am not surprised that Amy's inclusion in the game brings up talk of Viola, or that Project Soul would be referencing Viola in Amy's costume or dialog. I am however surprised there is speculation that Viola would be added as DLC later, that I don't see happening.

This is a reboot (even if you refuse to accept that), they can change things as needed.
They have. There are changes, right up to Zasalamel’s secret final chapter that unambiguously confirms that this is a reboot.
"Right up to" is a tad misleading a choice of words here -- "beginning with" would probably be more appropriate.

Anyway, while yes, this is taking shape as a new timeline, Z.W.E.I. still exists in this one as well. He was definitely older than 17 or 18 in SCV, so his birth isn't going to be nullified as an unforeseen consequence of events after the timeline divergence.

I will be very surprised if he isn't -- at the very least -- referenced at some point or featured like Arthur was in Libra of Soul. He's available for them to use, so it's not going to be shocking if they do.

No, we don’t need to bring ZWEI back especially not by some contrived twist that he’s actually Grøh.
I really don’t need to see ZWEI.
I have my doubts that Project Soul is basing their decisions on your preferences -- particularly your borderline irrational disdain for this particular character. =P
.Viola getting in amounts to her being the Kenshi of SCV, as in the one character that caught on and was rebooted in the New Timeline.
Kenshi isn't even close to being the only non-classic (i.e. MK4 or later) character included in the new MK timeline. Not even when looking at just MK (2011).
Note that I am not surprised that Amy's inclusion in the game brings up talk of Viola, or that Project Soul would be referencing Viola in Amy's costume or dialog. I am however surprised there is speculation that Viola would be added as DLC later, that I don't see happening.
I don't think any of us expect her to be in SCVI, but there will be a SCVII at some point and there will be characters in there that aren't in this one. They're pretty clearly making a path for Viola to be one of those characters.

The main reason I think many people support and hope for a clone type solution is the fear of Amy being permanently replaced by Viola. Which was a nightmare the last time and is a legitimate fear.
I can understand the concern -- she is my favorite character too, after all. But I just don't see the need to go that route when they can easily have classic Amy and present-day Amy available to select.

I know we discussed this already but it would be weird to have Rock instead of Bangoo. They already wrote Rock off and sent him back to America.

The main reason I think many people support and hope for a clone type solution is the fear of Amy being permanently replaced by Viola. Which was a nightmare the last time and is a legitimate fear.
Honestly I don't think this is an issue. Okubo is smarter than that. The soul calibur 6 team obviously knows that Amy is a popular character as is Cassandra which is why they are currently DLC. the fact that people like viola and many many people really like Amy as well mean is that there is almost no possibility that there will be any removal or replacement of Amy especially now that she is DLC. I don't think they're going to be repeating mistakes from scv, project soul is smarter than that. As for Zwei, I feel like if they gave him a bit of a design overhaul costume wise he'd fit a bit better. also before I checked the age I did kind of think that Zwei was in his late forties, and since his age was never OUTRIGHT confirmed, just say he is younger than he looks. Or, y'know, just have him in earlier on the timeline.

Amy is not being shafted

Every time I come back to this place someone has to keep circling back to those arbitrary placeholders in the game's code. We'll know for sure when they announce it formally.

Anywho, on the topic of them planning more free DLC, do you think they'll ever implement more modes into the game? They sort of had an inkling of extra mode stuff when they added the option to make the ground slippery during regular VS. battles.

Every time I come back to this place someone has to keep circling back to those arbitrary placeholders in the game's code. We'll know for sure when they announce it formally.

Anywho, on the topic of them planning more free DLC, do you think they'll ever implement more modes into the game? They sort of had an inkling of extra mode stuff when they added the option to make the ground slippery during regular VS. battles.
I hope so. The slippery floor stuff is hilarious. Team battle, or a test your luck from Mortal Kombat would be nice.

Back