Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

"Right up to" is a tad misleading a choice of words here -- "beginning with" would probably be more appropriate.

Anyway, while yes, this is taking shape as a new timeline, Z.W.E.I. still exists in this one as well. He was definitely older than 17 or 18 in SCV, so his birth isn't going to be nullified as an unforeseen consequence of events after the timeline divergence.

I will be very surprised if he isn't -- at the very least -- referenced at some point or featured like Arthur was in Libra of Soul. He's available for them to use, so it's not going to be shocking if they do.

I have my doubts that Project Soul is basing their decisions on your preferences -- particularly your borderline irrational disdain for this particular character. =P

Kenshi isn't even close to being the only non-classic (i.e. MK4 or later) character included in the new MK timeline. Not even when looking at just MK (2011).

I don't think any of us expect her to be in SCVI, but there will be a SCVII at some point and there will be characters in there that aren't in this one. They're pretty clearly making a path for Viola to be one of those characters.

I can understand the concern -- she is my favorite character too, after all. But I just don't see the need to go that route when they can easily have classic Amy and present-day Amy available to select.
It's not an "irrational disdain", I thought he's a bad character and bringing him back is a bad idea. Seriously, he's bottom of the barrel and doesn't belong, especially with SCVI being a reboot done specifically to get away from SCV.

Also, I know they're not basing it off my own opinion, but I can feel where PS is going. Back in SCV, I predicted that the time skip would be undone and the old guard would return. Look it that, I was right. People said I was crazy too, that I should "adapt"... I wonder what they say now. Point is, I don't think Z.W.E.I. is coming back nor do I want him to.

I can only see ZWEI ever getting in if they revisit the SCV era, but that in itself sounds very unlikely. That game’s legacy is that it nearly killed the series, Okubo even admitted as much. This being a reboot, confirmed by Zasalamel’s ending, will likely entail a massive divergence later on.

Viola getting in amounts to her being the Kenshi of SCV, as in the one character that caught on and was rebooted in the New Timeline.

I dont think its fair or accurate to disregard particular characters based on the general hate for SC5. Especially when considering the two only characters that have unique movesets. For the record, i dislike him as well and dont personally want to see him return but other people do. I definitely think neither of them should show up before Hilde and Algol but he is considerably more useful than the other SC5 characters if nothing else. Even if they revisit the SC5 storyline, they dont have to bring back all those hated replacements. That is what CAS is for.

Yeah, but this "confirmed" nonsense is tedious; just blatantly misrepresenting the status of DLC like that is frankly an absolute dick move, as not all of our community members are aware of the bullshit-to-actual-fact ratio of Frayhau's assertions (30:1, in case anyone was wondering about the exact figure).

You know I'm normally 100% with you on this "please give use actual, real world weapons and somewhat grounded designs, instead of more magic/anime goofiness" argument. But I actually think Viola is the best of all the floaty magic weapon styles, by a huge margin; I'd be more than happy to have her back, provided it didn't cost us Amy in any future game.

What's the most recent info you heard? There was a new dev presentation day before yesterday that added a new still which has further foregrounded the Viola subplot. I'm not sure if you were aware of that/factored it into your assessment. Personally, I still think there's a chance that plot line is just being set up now for a much later pay-off, but by the same token, I have to say that each time we get more indication of dialogue/interaction between Azwel and Amy, with the crystal ball clearly involved, it gets a little harder to not assume that they are setting up Viola for more immediate relevance, somehow.
Like I said, don’t act new. If Frayhua was gonna get banned/stopped for the way they act it would’ve happened years ago. No point getting upset about something that won’t change. Trust me, this is a battle I’ve tried to fight lol it’s not worth the frustration

I can agree that by sheer design - Viola is the best from SCV and she is a great character. But what I don't like is how extremely difficult she is to balance and considering that we still have hitbox issues on normal characters she could indeed turn out to be nothing but a hellspawn. But if they somehow manage to do her right I won't have any problems
I get where you are coming from with regard to balance, but there's really nothing intrinsic about Viola's design that keeps them from balancing her properly in this game. I mean, I'm not sure I am really blown away by their post-release efforts to balance this game so far, but that's another issue altogether.

EDIT: Note that I am not surprised that Amy's inclusion in the game brings up talk of Viola, or that Project Soul would be referencing Viola in Amy's costume or dialog. I am however surprised there is speculation that Viola would be added as DLC later, that I don't see happening.
Three weeks ago I would have agreed with you and I'd still say a SCVII set-up is more likely than anything, but again, every time we see more of this content with Amy interacting with Azwel and the crystal ball very prominently involved, the less certain I become.

It's not an "irrational disdain", I thought he's a bad character and bringing him back is a bad idea.
Nyte, I may not agree with everything you said there, or think your reasons for confidence in your predictions are particularly good ones, but we are in strong agreement on one point: Zwei's design is awful. Zwei is the guy who gives a girl her first case of gonorrhea at her college freshman orientation. And, true fact, his weapon and moveset were designed by Project Soul by dumpster diving for rejected concept art from Bleach episodes.

The main reason I think many people support and hope for a clone type solution is the fear of Amy being permanently replaced by Viola. Which was a nightmare the last time and is a legitimate fear.
Yeah, but there would be so many better ways to handle that situation and still allow for both characters than a clone literally in the narrative.

Anywho, on the topic of them planning more free DLC, do you think they'll ever implement more modes into the game? They sort of had an inkling of extra mode stuff when they added the option to make the ground slippery during regular VS. battles.
This was discussed in the most recent Q&A as well: the response did not sound promising, at least in the short-term (they expressly indicated their priorities were elsewhere), but it's clear they are getting substantial feedback requesting such modes, so who knows down the line near the completion of DLC support.

Like I said, don’t act new. If Frayhua was gonna get banned/stopped for the way they act it would’ve happened years ago. No point getting upset about something that won’t change. Trust me, this is a battle I’ve tried to fight lol it’s not worth the frustration
I wouldn't be pushing for his being banned over something like this even if that were a possibility (I also wouldn't blink an eye if Frayhau did find a way to make it happen)--but that doesn't mean we can't flag the horseshit assertions about official confirmations, for the benefit of other forum members. We don't have to expect him to suddenly change at this point in time in order to still want to keep his nonsense in check.

Last edited:
I dunno about that. I remember G1 saying he’d ban Frayhua if it got out of hand, all the way back in the Shitposting thread.
DE4861B7-E273-4EC6-8D5F-9A61F68501C4.jpeg

This was months ago, so things probably may have changed.

@Ninjaguy446 @Rusted Blade @Crash X Why do you guys have to attack me because I'm happy Setsuka is returning SCVI Season 2?
Oh good lord, now you are clearly just actively trying to troll: you know very well that nobody is annoyed with you for your love of Setsuka, but rather your propensity for purposefully spreading misinformation about upcoming content, apparently for kicks. Maybe these guys are right, maybe you should just be banned. I mean, given you've faced mod warnings about this in the past, it seems like all someone would need to do is ping the last mod who warned you (who wasn't exactly ambiguous about what they would do if you kept the habit up). I mean, do you really want to court someone losing their patience with you and doing that, rather than just containing your impulse to troll for shits and giggles? Personally, I don't have an inclination to do it, but there are clearly people here who have been watching you perform this show for much longer than I, whose patience is much thinner as a consequence.

I used to feel like Frayhua was just this misunderstood user that, dare I say it, was being bullied by the majority. I tried to give them the benefit, but I was wrong. They're the epitome of an internet troll. Now where was that block button? 🤔

Oh good lord, now you are clearly just actively trying to troll: you know very well that nobody is annoyed with you for your love of Setsuka, but rather your propensity for purposefully spreading misinformation about upcoming content, apparently for kicks.

I wasn't trolling at all. I just looked at the datamine 2 months ago and saw it like everyone else did. I was NEVER trying to spread misinformation. So I can't be excited for a possible SCVI Season 2. I tired of trashing me for no reason.

I wasn't trolling at all. I just looked at the datamine 2 months ago and saw it like everyone else did. I was NEVER trying to spread misinformation. So I can't be excited for a possible SCVI Season 2. I tired of trashing me for no reason.
Excuse me for finding that hard to believe, ever since I entered this forum you've spread misinformation and were extremely annoying and non-constructive.

Sooo...... I wonder what new things they'll do for Cassandra.
I really don't feel like Cassandra needs much of anything new, just personally. Maybe some more shield acrobatics, but that's not new, just accentuating what she's already got. I hope her critical edge is some sort of powerful strike, something that makes you reel back, as if you felt the impact yourself. Maybe a throwback to her SoulCalibur IV ending where she stabs Soul Edge with Soul Calibur, and then twists Soul Calibur while it's inside Soul Edge. Not necessarily breaking her own weapon, of course, but just the idea of a stab and then a twisting exit wound.

...maybe I'm anticipating Mortal Kombat 11 too much, giving Cassandra a pseudo-Fatality... :sc5sc::sc4cas1::sc5se:

I really don't feel like Cassandra needs much of anything new, just personally. Maybe some more shield acrobatics, but that's not new, just accentuating what she's already got. I hope her critical edge is some sort of powerful strike, something that makes you reel back, as if you felt the impact yourself. Maybe a throwback to her SoulCalibur IV ending where she stabs Soul Edge with Soul Calibur, and then twists Soul Calibur while it's inside Soul Edge. Not necessarily breaking her own weapon, of course, but just the idea of a stab and then a twisting exit wound.

...maybe I'm anticipating Mortal Kombat 11 too much, giving Cassandra a pseudo-Fatality... :sc5sc::sc4cas1::sc5se:

Most characters have a new mechanic of some sort.

Back