Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Pretty sure those references have always been there. I think I remember finding those at launch and thinking they were some kind of weird leftovers.

If you dig around, you'll also find random strings referencing Arthur, Charada, Olcadan, Pyrrha, Elysium, Li Long, Dampierre, and many other characters. The only characters I can't find any references to are Necrid and all old guests. I don't know why these references exist at all, but I don't think they mean anything.

Edit: After I finishing the post, I just thought of an extremely likely explanation. Those strings are probably used in gallery mode as titles for old concept art you can unlock.

Edit 2: Didn't see Autumn's post, but yeah, this is totally the gallery mode. You can even see in the picture the strings are called "Azwel 1", "Azwel 2", etc, which is how the gallery names pictures.
The guy on reddit seems to have done some more digging and has looked through more files. The first (second image in total) image is supposedly connected to the Museum, with the third "definitely" being DLC related:
I'm still skeptical though. Part of SC6's main factors for its success is probably the fact that it took a step back and focuses on well-known and loved characters. Still, if that third image turns out to be legit, it would be interesting if Project Soul change SC6 from just retelling SC1 and 2 to a timetravel mess.

Last edited:
Ah, I get it fully now. Thanks!! And I think you replenish guard guage by not blocking for a period of time if I am not mistaken, right?

It slowly goes down over time and as a strange addition it also goes down slightly faster if you run straight at your opponent -- your meter builds from that as well. It also heals between rounds. I forget the amount but it might be 20%. They also made some moves reduce guard gauge like Sophie's CE.

Guard damage be nuts right now yo.

That list of names looks like junk compared to the original datamine.

DxF44RWWoAAiqAM.jpg

unknown.png

I'm gonna stick with my gut feeling that the original datamine is more accurate for a possible season 2.

The guy on reddit seems to have done some more digging and has looked through more files. The first (second image in total) image is supposedly connected to the Museum, with the third being "definitely" being DLC related:
I'm still skeptical though. Part of SC6's main factors for its success is probably the fact that it took a step back and focuses on well-known and loved characters. Still, if that third image turns out to be legit, it would be interesting if Project Soul change SC6 from just retelling SC1 and 2 to a timetravel mess.
I call BS on this. The first datamine is more accurate than this one.

The guy on reddit seems to have done some more digging and has looked through more files. The first (second image in total) image is supposedly connected to the Museum, with the third being "definitely" being DLC related:
Even if the additional ones aren't used in the gallery, I still think they're random leftovers with no meaning. If you go through SC5's executable, you'll see references to Necrid and Heihachi. I don't think those meant anything either.

Unless there is solid evidence confirming this I refuse to believe it.

The guy on reddit seems to have done some more digging and has looked through more files. The first (second image in total) image is supposedly connected to the Museum, with the third "definitely" being DLC related:

Considering the actions they've taken with Amy I think its going to be quite a while until they do SCV DLC characters unless its Viola/ZWEI if they ever do that is. I really don't think anyone would actually care about getting SCV characters beyond those two. I mean suppose Edge Master (but I don't think anyone would ever want to pay for him, he also isn't really SCV)

To me its completely ludicrous to think we'll be getting characters from that game frankly. Especially season 2, I expect Viola at best.
I am hoping they steer clear of SCV characters for the time being and stick to the only two worth anyone's time.
Patroklos if they really wanted to could be adopted as an actual fighter variant of Rothion or Human Lizardman/Aeon. (Combat style that is).
Didn't play Patroklos enough though to know if he was already highly emulating another characters combat style.

SC6 data mining.png

this new data mining ... i dont believe it i dont think we will get Pat and Phyrra as DLC. i do hope we get his style and for the other characters i hope we get Zwei and Dampierre i love that clown.

Please that “data mine” is just trash. Don’t accept it for anything.

You’ll only set yourself up for extreme disappointment. We will not be getting so many characters as DLC I can assure you that

I’m just not sure how anyone believes that we will be getting anyone who doesn’t exist before the story of SoulCalibur II starts. It’s just really really really not that kind of reboot, and anyone who has played the story modes of SoulCalibur VI should be able to tell.

I’m just not sure how anyone believes that we will be getting anyone who doesn’t exist before the story of SoulCalibur II starts. It’s just really really really not that kind of reboot, and anyone who has played the story modes of SoulCalibur VI should be able to tell.

We'll be getting Pat as a baby confirmed

The best way I can describe this “data mine” is that it’s as trash as a Dynasty video.
Well at least it's not exploitative clickbait. It's just some dude on a forum with too little context, knowledge and good sense to know what he is looking at, and willing to leap to conclusions as a result. Pretty par for the course, and not entirely a different animal from what we see even here on occasion, even with this place being slightly more geared towards the hardcore player than a reddit thread. Dynasty on the other hand...that's some high grade bullshit and the guy who develops that content must know he's peddling hot garbage when he jumps on whatever rumour mill speculation arises from the fandom and passes it along like gospel with misleading titles clearly designed to draw in players desperate for the half-baked assertions he gives them faith to believe in.

We'll be getting Pat as a baby confirmed
Baby Pat could hardly be expected to hold his sword in fashion that is any less ridiculous than regular Pat, right?

Last edited:
Well at least it's not exploitative clickbait. It's just some dude on a forum with two little context, knowledge and good sense to know what he is looking at, and willing to leap to conclusions as a result. Pretty par for the course, and not entirely a different animal from what we see even here on this occasions, even with this place being slightly more geared towards the hardcore player than a reddit thread. Dynasty on the other hand...that's some high grade bullshit and the guy who developes that content must know he's peddling hot garbage when he jumps on whatever runour mill speculation arises from the fandom and passes it along like gospel with misleading titles clearly designed to draw in players desperate for the half-baked assertions he gives them faith to believe in.

I'm only annoyed at the guy because he refuses to back down, many people including fluffy quack pointed it out to him on reddit that this information is worthless or museum related materials.

I hate the false hope it gave the more gullible fans. We shouldn't be setting people up for massive disappointment

I'm only annoyed at the guy because he refuses to back down, many people including fluffy quack pointed it out to him on reddit that this information is worthless or museum related materials.

I hate the false hope it gave the more gullible fans. We shouldn't be setting people up for massive disappointment
Yeah, I can agree with that. But what can you do? Fandom, y'know--filled with credulous dinks. And more generally, we're not exactly living in a moment in time where only theories well-supported by evidence are likely to take wing. It's depressing, and day by day it becomes more of a pick your battles situation.

Back