Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Yes, the SoulCalibur V outfits had proper breaks as well, breaks that only worked on the actual characters, not the CaS parts that came out as DLC later on. The break animations are baked into the unique models associated with the characters, since you'll notice if you look at specifics, that the CaS parts are ever so slightly different than how they are on the unique models, some things disproportionate, some things less detailed. Basically, I'm saying it's always been this way, but they didn't give us broken costume pieces for either SoulCalibur IV or SoulCalibur V. They started this as a new thing for SoulCalibur VI.

Yes, the SoulCalibur V outfits had proper breaks as well, breaks that only worked on the actual characters, not the CaS parts that came out as DLC later on. The break animations are baked into the unique models associated with the characters, since you'll notice if you look at specifics, that the CaS parts are ever so slightly different than how they are on the unique models, some things disproportionate, some things less detailed. Basically, I'm saying it's always been this way, but they didn't give us broken costume pieces for either SoulCalibur IV or SoulCalibur V. They started this as a new thing for SoulCalibur VI.
I know that's how its been but this isn't just SCIV/V we are on VI. I'm just pointing out its rather lazy of them considering the simplicity. I understand they're on a low budget though, but it sucks that main outfits don't get the treatment at least.

I mean its a bit disappointing considering its something I could even do. With shoes especially even easier to be honest. Them not giving us broken costume pieces is barely an excuse since they already exist, they just have tear them apart from a main model. (Or apply the textures in a fair few cases)
Wish they tried with this at the very least for the very simple outfits.

Thanks for mention on SCV though, I might go check out the unique costume breaks.

Last edited:
Adding options for parts to be unbreakable would be neato especially since some items don't work with underwear and since character running around in their underwear not only looks silly but takes away from the creation tool itself
Yeah, it'd be nice to be able to select what gets broken and what doesn't would allow us to keep armor break if we like, without having to lose the whole costume or theme of the CaS

Yeah, it'd be nice to be able to select what gets broken and what doesn't would allow us to keep armor break if we like, without having to lose the whole costume or theme of the CaS
It’s also quite funny how the armor break gets progressively worse throughout the series. It wasn’t all that great for CaS but for the main cast in their standard and 2P costumes it was fine (Hilde for example would gradually lose her armor depending on which area took the most damage). In 5 your whole armor shatters when KO’d by certain attacks, still not great with CaS.

Then we reach SCVI where everyone (minus Geralt), can now run around fighting in their underwear mid battle. Time to rename this to Strip Calibur VI. Kappa

Wait wait wait...

JUST DANCE 2019 and no DOA6.

VI-O-LATION
Honestly it’s starting to get a little ridiculous LOL.

DOA6 is a really good game (I have little experience but the scene seems lively) it’s fun and it’s competitive matches are really fun to watch.

The mix up top 8 for DOA6 was hype.
Samsho just booted DOA6 off the main stage and I’m sure the entries will be a lot higher for DOA in comparison.

I hope we get Cassandra's SC4 2P set as bonus CaS parts instead of her 1P, especially if her SC6 design follows the 'leotard and long boots/gloves' formula that the previous games used. It just seems kinda redundant to give us two costume sets that are almost the same, just with different details. Plus, we already have her 2P hair, so they might as well give us the matching costume, too.

And yes, I'm assuming with no actual evidence that Cassandra will be released with bonus CaS parts. 2B and Amy got bonus stuff, so I don't see why Bamco would stop here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back