Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

So this is a thing.
D-9rGkUVAAA3b2V.png

Cassandra reveal at San Diego Comic-Con? Kappa

ITS HAPPENING.gif

ALL THE STARS ARE ALIGNED, THE PROPHECY WAS TRUE !!!

it wouldn't surprise me tbh, i mean its time for something to happen.

Bandai Namco has a history of doing reveals/announcements at SDCC across several of their franchises. I would say it's safe to be moderately optimistic but don't hold your breath. They did a similar panel at E3 and we got nothing.

Low Key compared to EVO the biggest fighting game tournament in the world where you will have the prime demographic (the fighting game demographic) watching plus SC being on the main stage.

Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken X Street Fighter were announced at comic con. Not saying Cassandra will though.

Regardless of whether Cassandra is announced at Comic-Con or EVO, I think we can all agree that we're not getting a Season 2 announcement anytime soon unless A.) Cassandra is announced at SDCC and S2 is announced at EVO, or B.) S2 is teased alongside Cassandra's announcement. And I can't see either scenario happening at all with how much Bamco likes to drag things out.

If season 2 isn't announced at EVO I don't think it will happen. I could be wrong but I won't hang on to the notion that it might happen. Better to be pleasantly surprised than to be disappointed in the long run. Heed the wise words of thy daughterfu.

Amy.jpg

But as I surmised a couple or a few pages ago, it doesn't seem likely to announce a season two so shortly after releasing the last of the first season's DLC, looking at big brother Tekken for an example. Season two likely wouldn't be heard about until this winter, for a more realistic expectation.

Honestly an announcement of a season 2 is a big deal to do at EVO, from a marketing perspective I can't think of anything more hype for SC6 than to have both the Cassandra reveal and the season 2 announcement there. They don't have to show anything of season 2, what's important is getting the info out there that SC6 is being supported for another year. It's would be fucking sick if we got a CGI trailer of all the upcoming cast but that's just icing on a cake. Besides, if both Cassandra and season 2 anouncement are true then the data mine is looking even more concrete so we already have an idea who's coming.

Back