Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Ivy's iconic bondage attire is a good design of hers (her SC4 design is trash though with all those thin straps built in it, god I fucking hate that outfit) but I've always felt her more modest outfits were the superior ones. Her red dress from SC2 is still my favourite outfit of hers and I yearn for it's return in a modern Calibur game.
I've seen a few decent recreations of Ivy's SCII 3P outfit in ranked! I believe the parts used are just the Fetching Leotard, Cyclone Necklace, Longpao Hualin (the long gloves), Valkyrie Fauld, Horns over the top of the bodysuit to make the gold trim and Halo rings on the ankles. The rest is just clever sticker work and patterning.

Ivy's iconic bondage attire is a good design of hers (her SC4 design is trash though with all those thin straps built in it, god I fucking hate that outfit) but I've always felt her more modest outfits were the superior ones. Her red dress from SC2 is still my favourite outfit of hers and I yearn for it's return in a modern Calibur game.
I always thought her SCII vaguely Napoleonic uniform was a good fit for her personality and the best looking of her outfits to date. You can almost create a rough approximation in VI's editor, if not for the fact that the epaulets hover half a foot above her shoulders... I mean, I'm not normally one to nitpick about the customization glitches too much, but geez-louise--why even bother to add the item into the female selection if the things aren't adjusted to remotely work for any of them? I like the 3P/red dress as well, though. I wish they had continued to expand her official wardrobe in these directions. I feel that both Ivy and Voldo's designs have been pretty stagnate for a long time--there's only so much variation you can do with that fetish wear that doesn't feel completely redundant.

Actually, the willingness to experiment with the designs of all of the characters seemed to fall of precipitously after SCII/III, which is a shame. It's easy to recognize that this was because quicker production times and smaller budgets (relative to when they were released) meant less content in general from SCIV and forward. But even if they can now only afford to do one outfit per game, I'd still like to see experimentation. I can appreciate why they wouldn't want to do that with this game, it being a reboot and all, but hopefully the next one makes more of an effort to establish its own character.

I like Ivy's typical attire myself. To be honest though I think my favorite variant of it is the SC6 version, I feel like it hit perfection now especially in its red variant. Her red dress may be my second favorite, I think it was a very stylish take and good way to make Ivy have a different look to what she commonly wears, I hope its officially reintroduced at some point. I also love her 2P in SC5, I'm gonna just call it Christmas Ivy.

I've seen a few decent recreations of Ivy's SCII 3P outfit in ranked! I believe the parts used are just the Fetching Leotard, Cyclone Necklace, Longpao Hualin (the long gloves), Valkyrie Fauld, Horns over the top of the bodysuit to make the gold trim and Halo rings on the ankles. The rest is just clever sticker work and patterning.
There’s a video tutorial on how to create it by Amy Lionheart.

So SCVI now has one of those UFS card games

punishment_time_by_gunshiprevolution-dd48oty.jpg

redemption_by_gunshiprevolution-dd4be79.jpg

orphaned_alchemist_by_gunshiprevolution-dd4gocv.jpg

coiling_contempt_by_gunshiprevolution-dd4n8af.jpg

english_aristocrat_by_gunshiprevolution-dd4pfzu.jpg

guilty_throne_by_gunshiprevolution-dd4sdpn.jpg

Who's gonna buy it and scan it for me?

This would just be speculation at best. There haven't been any hints that she'll be coming with a stage, and even if she did, what stage would it be? Greece is already covered stage-wise, and her story on the timeline of 1583-1590 wouldn't have her anywhere else other than Greece, because she doesn't journey for the first time until SoulCalibur II, which SoulCalibur VI's story leads up to but doesn't start. 2B's stage isn't on ranked because it introduces performance issues, apparently. So unless any additional stage was less technical (no background animations, I guess), then it's not likely it would go on ranked either.

They can think of something.
wasn’t Cassandra’s stage the burning gallery in SC3.
And are they really going to throw away
“History hides away more than one truth” Already?! LOL

Cassandra isn’t a house cat, I’m more than sure she’s lived a go getter life long before she started chasing after Sophitia.

If they can give Tira context Cassie is a no brainer!

They can think of something.
wasn’t Cassandra’s stage the burning gallery in SC3.
And are they really going to throw away
“History hides away more than one truth” Already?! LOL

Cassandra isn’t a house cat, I’m more than sure she’s lived a go getter life long before she started chasing after Sophitia.

If they can give Tira context Cassie is a no brainer!
Cassandra and Sophitia shared Eurydice Shrine in SoulCalibur II, but yes, the Burning Gallery of Old Toledo, Spain, of all places, was Cassandra’s stage in SoulCalibur III. Then they went back to sharing their tropical summer home version of Eurydice Shrine in SoulCalibur IV. It’s possible, but I don’t think very likely, that Cassandra will get a new stage. I’m just keeping my expectations low/real, for now.

And Cassandra’s narrative, as written, has her as a baker at home until her first journey, so for all intents and purposes, she may as well have been a house cat. They didn’t “give Tira context”, either, they just showed us the story that was buried in her biographical information before but never shown in-game.

The “history hides away more than one truth” angle is referring to Azwel’s machinations behind the scenes that we never knew about before. And Grøh, I guess. But I don’t really see Azwel messing with Cassandra’s artisan breads or sweet pastries. Or maybe he would, I dunno.

Looks like the artist (or the person responsible for commissioning the artwork) is referencing some rather obscure Ivy artwork. I suppose it could just be a coincidence that the pose and angle are so similar, but the above looks like a remake of this painting you see in the background in Ivy's stage in SC3:
PCSX2-R4600.EXE_0xBFB7E1A6.png

punishment_time_by_gunshiprevolution-dd48oty.jpg

redemption_by_gunshiprevolution-dd4be79.jpg

orphaned_alchemist_by_gunshiprevolution-dd4gocv.jpg

coiling_contempt_by_gunshiprevolution-dd4n8af.jpg

guilty_throne_by_gunshiprevolution-dd4sdpn.jpg

R.I.P. Taki. Kappa

Back