Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

My ideal list for the data mine:

Stone: Rock (yeah, people just have to accept this.)
Snow: Hilde (her skin is as fair as snow.)
Reptile: Aeon
Yell: Yun-Seng
Yellow: Hwang
20190804_133830.png
20190804_133851.png

But like hey guys, with EVO and, maybe my baby Cassandra tonight, what weapons do u think she’ll get? I mean her black blade, P1 and P2, Valkyrie and Ivan the Terrible for sure, but after?
I think she get the same model as Amy:
  1. Ω Sword & Nemea Shield (signature weapon)
  2. Dark Blade (weapon present in SC III and IV)
  3. Spine Blade & Ivan the Terrible (weapon present in SC III and IV)
  4. Valkyrie (Ultimate weapon)
  5. New (or Metesashi)
  6. New
  7. Baker's Daughter (Joke weapon)
Digamma Sword & Nemea Shield was created for her second travel, so I doubt we'll see them unless they bring the alternative version under new name.

I think she get the same model as Amy:
  5. New (or Metesashi)
  6. New
Digamma Sword & Nemea Shield was created for her second travel, so I doubt we'll see them unless they bring the alternative version under new name.
Seconded.

Also, I can't wait to finally have them remake Setsuka's weapons. Her umbrellas in SC4 were mere low-polygon blobs with ugly skins on them. As everyone so far has gotten a little more polished, I guess she and every other DLC will get the same treatment. :sc3set1:

I really don’t think you guys are being realistic at all.

I know they’re not the same I’m only playing Sophitia because Cassandra isn’t here.
And I know Amy is different from Raphael if you pick up and play.

All of us here will buy the season pass that much is obvious.
But it’s not just the 100 (if that) people on this thread you need the masses and if you advertise what looks like variations of the same weapon all in one season pass people are going to be less likely to buy.

• People that aren’t hardcore fans like us.
  • That know the lore and story.
  • That know the variation of the same weapon are different.
  • That have played every other SC game.
  • Can name at least 5 pro SC players.
Etc

If we want this game to grow, nostalgia can’t be the only thing we build on.

I’m being realistic, I know fans don’t like that but SC isn’t in a Luxurious position right now.

With the assets they have from SC3 new characters wouldn’t be as “expensive” as a new guest if you lot are so opposed to them.
PS have options.

But if you advertise £$25 worth of variants to the average consumer it will effect sales.
I don't think it's quite as simple as that. There are casual fans who want characters like Cassandra and Amy. This is just one example, but I know one guy who hasn't played SC since SC4 and he wasn't interested in SC6 until they added Amy. And based on the facebook poll from years ago, Cassandra is the most popular character who isn't in the game yet, so she can easily bring in more sales from SC fans who haven't been convinced to get SC6 yet.

And surely there must be people out there who aren't that bothered by multiple characters having the same weapon. I'd personally take another sword user over something fantastical like Algol or Azwel.

If Tekken 7 can have 4 guest characters...

Personally I thought that was too many. I remember getting really frustrated when Akuma, Geese and Noctis were announced, like "I don't care about these characters, I want Lei and Julia back!" >_<

Luckily those two did come back in Season 2. ^_^

So basically I'd prefer no more guest characters in SC6. OK, MAYBE one more, but that should be it, IMHO.

I don’t really have words for this. They’ve given Zasalamel so many Abyssisms, and Abyss was so negatively received that he was never given the time of day for SoulCalibur IV, swept under the rug, never to be seen again, that anyone would want him back for real, that’s just baffling. There’s always someone, I suppose, but that was the clonest clone that ever cloned. Zasalamel with black hole powers -> Abyss. And SoulCalibur VI has those powers and can even stop time. Abyss would be even more frivolous than Rock, and I didn’t even make that consideration when I was talking about him just now.

Yeah I was literally jaw dropped when I saw it myself. I used it as an example to show that people complaining about clones with a straight face in large don't even know what they're talking about. (Sometimes ofc)
I was pretty sure the Abyss moves were given to Zaslamel myself so I was baffled by the comment, I felt their comment was a good example of why we shouldn't listen to the clone complaint. That and I mean c'mon, Zaslamel literally has the same weapon so its not even a case of same moves new weapon its a skin at best nowadays.

Also, with timeline stuff etc. We had Sieg and Nightmare though they are the same person, imho Viola is still possible... and gladly welcome for me ^^
Amy's story has been altered so Viola could start earlier at the very least. Amy is meant to begin activity during Soulcalibur 3 or 4.
Soulcalibur 6 depicts her backstory and buildup with her actual adventure happening on SC2 time frame, a whole game early. Though timeline wise 2,3,4 are the same year I believe.
The change could very well accommodate new plot elements, especially since they added her leg injury, which I assume will be used to identify her as Viola. Perhaps Amy's scenario changes are less retcons however and more a way of actually making her matter to the plot as an individual rather than just Raphael's motive. I'd still say in general, Amy's changes could mean a very different timeline.

This is just one example, but I know one guy who hasn't played SC since SC4 and he wasn't interested in SC6 until they added Amy. And based on the facebook poll from years ago, Cassandra is the most popular character who isn't in the game yet, so she can easily bring in more sales from SC fans who haven't been convinced to get SC6 yet.

Yeah this describes me pretty well. I loved SC6, but I wasn't remotely interested in playing much til Amy was revealed and released. Since the leak happened so early I just waited until Amy was announced which to my surprise she came before Cassandra and I feel bad for Cass fans but I am eternally grateful I got my main so early. I tend to play these games a lot, but I just don't feel I can play anyone beyond Hwang and Amy effectively. Thankfully the time apart made me pickup Ivy and Groh and learn them a bit which was healthy, but now I can actually play as my favorite character and enjoy learning the others on the side. Makes the experience so much more fun in my opinion rather than forcing myself to play a character and style that I don't even want to main. Hell, I can drop Amy who I've learnt the game with now and start playing Ivy for large periods of time. I always have Amy to go back to if they start making hazardous changes I need to get used to. Though, I doubt they'll do anything drastic.

Amy's story has been altered so Viola could start earlier at the very least. Amy is meant to begin activity during Soulcalibur 3 or 4.
That’s not quite true. We’re seeing her activity before SoulCalibur II for the first time, but she had to get to Ostrheinsburg somehow at the end of SoulCalibur II to retrieve Raphael. She didn’t just teleport there, after all. :sc4amy1:

Perhaps Amy's scenario changes are less retcons however and more a way of actually making her matter to the plot as an individual rather than just Raphael's motive. I'd still say in general, Amy's changes could mean a very different timeline.
It’s this. She’s still “just” Raphael’s motive, but we are actually seeing her actions as a character instead of having to read about it and infer. No retcons, no new timeline, just more exposure.

If Tekken 7 can have 4 guest characters, I don't see why SCVI shouldn't more guests as well. A completely new SC character is gonna do diddly squat to bring the amount of new buyers that a high-profile guest can be. It's the truth.
Problem is, already having Geralt and 2B, a third guest would have to be someone on their level, like Cloud from Final Fantasy VII. But that’s probably not happening.

————————————————————

@KilikH and @JohnMcKee — We’re splitting hairs, to some degree, but Siegfried and Nightmare coexist in SoulCalibur VI, as well as other titles in the series, because both exist during the story of the games that do this, like in SoulCalibur. Though in SoulCalibur III and SoulCalibur IV, of course, Siegfried was not Nightmare. This was also true of Nightmare and Raphael in SoulCalibur V, had that story mode been completed, Raphael would have regained sentience after Soul Edge jumped hosts to Pyrrha, so both existed in the same game.

Amy and Viola wouldn’t get to enjoy this, however. We don’t know when exactly between SoulCalibur IV and SoulCalibur V that Amy turns into Viola, but she absolutely does not turn into Viola before SoulCalibur II, thus Viola cannot appear in SoulCalibur VI. That’s pretty simple.

5. New (or Metesashi)
  6. New

I bet 5 and 6 will be Patroklos weapons, most likely Skull’s Horn and Icicle. And if Sophitia can’t have Orichalcum, but stole Cassandra’s Katzbalger instead, then I’m betting 4 will be Sophitia’s Fire Blade, to even things out.

Yeah I was literally jaw dropped when I saw it myself. I used it as an example to show that people complaining about clones with a straight face in large don't even know what they're talking about. (Sometimes ofc)
I was pretty sure the Abyss moves were given to Zaslamel myself so I was baffled by the comment, I felt their comment was a good example of why we shouldn't listen to the clone complaint. That and I mean c'mon, Zaslamel literally has the same weapon so its not even a case of same moves new weapon its a skin at best nowadays.

Soulcalibur 6 depicts her backstory and buildup with her actual adventure happening on SC2 time frame, a whole game early. Though timeline wise 2,3,4 are the same year I believe.
The change could very well accommodate new plot elements, especially since they added her leg injury, which I assume will be used to identify her as Viola. Perhaps Amy's scenario changes are less retcons however and more a way of actually making her matter to the plot as an individual rather than just Raphael's motive. I'd still say in general, Amy's changes could mean a very different timeline.

Yeah this describes me pretty well. I loved SC6, but I wasn't remotely interested in playing much til Amy was revealed and released. Since the leak happened so early I just waited until Amy was announced which to my surprise she came before Cassandra and I feel bad for Cass fans but I am eternally grateful I got my main so early. I tend to play these games a lot, but I just don't feel I can play anyone beyond Hwang and Amy effectively. Thankfully the time apart made me pickup Ivy and Groh and learn them a bit which was healthy, but now I can actually play as my favorite character and enjoy learning the others on the side. Makes the experience so much more fun in my opinion rather than forcing myself to play a character and style that I don't even want to main. Hell, I can drop Amy who I've learnt the game with now and start playing Ivy for large periods of time. I always have Amy to go back to if they start making hazardous changes I need to get used to. Though, I doubt they'll do anything drastic.
Huh, I never thought of Amy's leg scar being used by Raph to identify Viola, that's actually a really good catch, and I hope they use that idea lol

It's gonna be either before or after, it seems. Hopefully it's before, since I want to see the announcement(s) live, but I don't really enjoy watching Tekken and would rather not watch Top 8 for however long that takes.

That’s not quite true. We’re seeing her activity before SoulCalibur II for the first time, but she had to get to Ostrheinsburg somehow at the end of SoulCalibur II to retrieve Raphael. She didn’t just teleport there, after all. :sc4amy1:
Doesn't Soulcalibur 2 show the opposite in Raphael's scenario?
Though I suppose I wont rely on that too much as SC2 may be the vaguest in the franchise when it comes to truthful details.
I'm still looking for the source that describes Amy's perspective which I believe recalls her being worried since she saw him return home injured. I can't find it, so perhaps I just conjured it up in my mind... But I feel like I remember reading it.

Assuming that isn't the case though, then yes they very well could fill in SC2 with Amy going to find him. I'm going to continue scouring for that Amy background in case its around, but I can't for the life of me find it. I could have sworn that situation with Amy in the first place was meant to serve as the reason for her impatience in SC3/4 to go looking for him quickly so as to avoid anything bad happening.

Huh, I never thought of Amy's leg scar being used by Raph to identify Viola, that's actually a really good catch, and I hope they use that idea lol
I hope they do too, I love the idea and I thought quickly it would be used as a way for him to identify her, especially going by how he responds to her in SC5. Instead of outright knowing its Amy he instead seems to be somewhat doubtful that its actually the same person since there's no confronting dialogue in combat from him, he simply alludes to the familiarity. The scar would serve as a way to for him to be 100% sure he's found her.

I hope they pursue it too. I'm under the impression Raphael will take the mantle of Nightmare much earlier this time too.

Back