Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Well, this is the longest wait ever. My xbox somehow managed to remove the entire game, so I've been sitting here reinstalling...and I think I have to reinstall the prior DLC packs, too...

I don't understand what I did to deserve this.

Edit: Well, the DLC packs installed in about 15seconds flat, so that's good at least.

Last edited:
I should have added something to make it more obvious I was joking. There is no way they'll add loot boxes or make the characters ridiculously expensive. I just found it funny they used the exact same icon as the premium chests.

Lol, my bad dude. I guess that went entirely over my head.

Which is a synonym for...

:sc2cas1: C o R e V a L u E S ! ! ! :sc2cas2:

Indeed.

There's still a long way to go, and too many things are still falling into place, as history is bound to repeat itself. It looks like, if anything, things might move faster than before, meaning we keep the narrative of SoulCalibur V while also not jumping forward a generation. Raphael becoming Nightmare instead of a vampire, Amy becoming Viola sooner rather than later, Cassandra intervening in Sophitia's livelihood quicker, potentially, Zasalamel not making Abyss a thing, etc. But the Astral Chaos still may reign supreme and unleash Night Terror upon the world for the fools attempting to fight fate. It remains to be seen.

You're right, the game doesn't mention Cassandra at all. You'd either have to get it from the art book or Unbreakable Soul, I think that's the plot of that game anyway. I do feel like they're setting up a situation that they may try to fight against fate, and yet find that they can't win. Cassandra from Astral Chaos seemed like she'd tried and failed many times, and was at the end of her rope. I also got the impression that she "died" after passing on her message, that this Cassandra is the last hope... of course assuming we're not just stuck in a reverberating loop, where this Cassandra is the Cassandra of the future, and it's a cyclical failure. It really reminds me of Steins;Gate.
I saw someone have the theory that Astral Chaos Cassandra disappeared because this new timeline finally changed things, thus preventing Cassandra from getting into the Astral Chaos to begin with.

I'm curious if the writers have even planned what do after this. Everything about the future of SC seems so shaky it seems like it would be crazy of the writers to assume they even get the chance to continue the story.

Re: Astral Chaos and SCV
Part of me is thinking we might instead see Sophitia become the host of Soul Edge to protect Pyrrha, forcing her to face her sister and her other allies (Siegfried, Taki, etc.) like in SCIV but this time as the pure manifestation of evil. It seemed like the story was heading that way before V released, but instead we got the Elysium subplot and Pyrrha Omega. Cassandra’s Soul Chronicle implies that there will be extensive changes to her and Sophitia’s character arcs so I think it’s very possible that we will see Sophitia spend some time as Nightmare before Raphael gets to.

Quick datamining update:

Surprisingly little to find. The list of characters and movesets are still the same (the 6 weird codenames are still among them). Cassandra DLC included one new music track with SC4BD in the filename so I assume it's from Broken Destiny. Probably music used in one of the story fights. Apparently, Azwel's AI got altered somehow. And that's it for stuff I could find. Maybe the development team is actually becoming better at making sure they don't include stuff they aren't meant to.

I can extract the new story portraits if people want them.

Quick datamining update:

Surprisingly little to find. The list of characters and movesets are still the same (the 6 weird codenames are still among them). Cassandra DLC included one new music track with SC4BD in the filename so I assume it's from Broken Destiny. Probably music used in one of the story fights. Apparently, Azwel's AI got altered somehow. And that's it for stuff I could find. Maybe the development team is actually becoming better at making sure they don't include stuff they aren't meant to.

Are YELLOW, STONE, REPTILE, STAR, SNOW, and YELL still there?

Quick datamining update:

I guess we'll have to wait until season two proper to get a names update, then. The tipping point to me is whether or not Haohmaru is "Star", or if he gets his own additional slot. That should give us a better indication about what to expect. And yes, they do indeed use the Broken Destiny version of Afterglow ~ A Silent Prayer in one of the fights, so that'll be the new track that we won't be able to use in any other modes. I fought a few Azwels in Libra of Soul while grinding out Cassandra's style level max and Soul of Cassandra titles and didn't notice much change, though it has been a while.

Quick datamining update:

SC6 data mining.png

Good with the data mining out of the way all i can say is ...

Excellent.gif

Are YELLOW, STONE, REPTILE, STAR, SNOW, and YELL still there?
They're still there with zero changes.

I guess we'll have to wait until season two proper to get a names update, then. The tipping point to me is whether or not Haohmaru is "Star", or if he gets his own additional slot. That should give us a better indication about what to expect. And yes, they do indeed use the Broken Destiny version of Afterglow ~ A Silent Prayer in one of the fights, so that'll be the new track that we won't be able to use in any other modes. I fought a few Azwels in Libra of Soul while grinding out Cassandra's style level max and Soul of Cassandra titles and didn't notice much change, though it has been a while.
Those codenames are from December. Could they have had Haohmaru locked down that early?

Speaking of Libra of Soul, there are some new files for that mode among Cassandra's DLC files. Maybe new events?

Could they have had Haohmaru locked down that early?
Not necessarily, but "Star" for "guest star", they could have known they had a guest planned. Though they did also have 2B for like the entire year of 2018 and kept that under wraps, so anything's possible, really.

Speaking of Libra of Soul, there are some new files for that mode among Cassandra's DLC files. Maybe new events?
Well, you might've seen my screenshot I posted before, but Cassandra doesn't have an "Ancient" battle like everyone else. You end up fighting the Astral Chaos Masked Swordswoman Cassandra instead. And there's weirdly two versions of the quest, one at level 67 and one at level 80, and the level 67 one was greyed out and gave an error message and the level 80 one was just normal.

I don't know if there's any other events, though, since I only loaded my Luna data, who is level 99 and postgame and mastered all the other styles and completed most all of the quests. In that scenario, no additional quests had come up, unless they have ridiculously specific triggers like the quest line for Azure Nightmare used to. I do have all the titles, at any rate.

They give you the "Cassandra Libra of Soul Sidequest" title for free, just like 2B, as soon as you boot the game, so I assumed she was like 2B and didn't have one. But if you do some digging and find out there's any other quests than the one in my screenshot, then I'll happily explore for it.

UK 11:39PM
She's not on PSN and on Xbox I apparently don't own her.
Steam is the only place I can play the girl damn. I really want to see her story already, this is agonizing.
I would play on PC but I've got too many problems on it atm.

Bamco...

UK 11:39PM
She's not on PSN and on Xbox I apparently don't own her.
Steam is the only place I can play the girl damn. I really want to see her story already, this is agonizing.
I would play on PC but I've got too many problems on it atm.

Bamco...
That sucks, what kind of issues are you having on your PC? Maybe I can help walk you through trouble shooting it. Odd that the UK is releasing later when your time zone is in between Japan and the US.

That sucks, what kind of issues are you having on your PC? Maybe I can help walk you through trouble shooting it. Odd that the UK is releasing later when your time zone is in between Japan and the US.
Nah its my PC being sucky sadly I think for the most part. Also the UK time is a complete mess!
The only other problem I'm experiencing directly related to the game is the stages are crashing the game to desktop, one time Shrine of Eurodyce shut off my system entirely too. I'm on W7 if that means anything.
I'm planning on moving to a new system on W10 soon though, so I suppose its not too big a worry still sad.

She's out in the UK!!
It still says on Xbox I'm not allowed to download her, guess I'll check PSN again at least.

US Xbox account, living in Germany here. I managed to download Cass from the season pass option, but the game isn't letting me use her yet. What do?

Edit: Honestly, it's giving me conflicting info. It says it's installed on the Season Pass in the xbox store, but I can't find her in my storage.
Edit 2: Found her, but it's acting funky. Season pass might be broken on xbox store.

Last edited:
Back