Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I keep seeing this argument that Cassandra is renaming Patroklos however correct me if im wrong but i thought Pyrrha was the older sibling. Meaning Cassandra named her. Rothion and Sophitia named Patroklos. so nothing has changed as far as the events since sc1 and sc2. I really want them to change the events on SC3 since Zasalamel and Cassandra know about the other timelines.

Did Taki know whatever language Cassandra would have spoken?

Also a random thought I had was that since Cassandra appeared in a render in SC1 and Sophitia’s 3P in that game had a ponytail which she (Sophie) never wore again, maybe that costume was sort of a what-if for a playable Cassandra back then?

Considering all the memes Azwel spawned, I feel like he's a hit.
C1651BEE-F91E-461F-A53D-01EE0D23ED35.png

I keep seeing this argument that Cassandra is renaming Patroklos however correct me if im wrong but i thought Pyrrha was the older sibling. Meaning Cassandra named her. Rothion and Sophitia named Patroklos. so nothing has changed as far as the events since sc1 and sc2. I really want them to change the events on SC3 since Zasalamel and Cassandra know about the other timelines.
That's a good point.

Cassandra's line at the end is:
(If it's a boy... maybe Deucalion? If it's a girl...)

And it ends right there. The fact it ends before we hear the girl's name is probably a hint it would just be Pyrrha (Pyrrha is also the name of the wife of Deucalion from Greek mythology).

I really don't like what they did with Cassandra's fighting style.

Well, with a qualification. I think her new fighting style is super fun to play.

But it stands in complete contrast to how I viewed the character and why I found her fun to play previously. Her new style is centered around a magic gimmick, which is (in my mind) the opposite of who Cassandra was. She used to embody a certain amount of defiance of the gods while claiming "winning is all that matters." Constantly invoking divine power during combat just doesn't fit that.

Just my two cents.

Well, with a qualification. I think her new fighting style is super fun to play.

But it stands in complete contrast to how I viewed the character and why I found her fun to play previously. Her new style is centered around a magic gimmick, which is (in my mind) the opposite of who Cassandra was. She used to embody a certain amount of defiance of the gods while claiming "winning is all that matters." Constantly invoking divine power during combat just doesn't fit that.

Just my two cents.

Hmmm i never payed close attention to Cass' character and story material. I just enjoyed watching good players. But if you say that, i can see how that might be off putting.

Just my two cents.

I noticed that too. She seems on better terms with the Gods than I'm used to.

I think that might be attributed to this being before Soul Calibur 2. The events of that game might be the cause of her anger and rejection of them. They may change this power from being gifts from the Gods, to it being her own power later on. It was hinted at in prior games that Cassandra has innate abilities to ward off evil.

Also, this Cassandra isn't as confident as the one we know. This is prior to her original introduction so it's likely she'll be more like the Cassandra we're used to.

The end of Cassandra’s story (the chronological end, with her fighting Sophitia before the wedding) has Sophie telling her that weapons made by the gods arent fit for prolonged use by mortal hands. Cassandra then agrees to never use them again. Perhaps this is why Cassandra going forward will no longer have access to the boons Hephaestus placed on the weapons.

Weird.

On that topic Sophie and Taki say squat to each other, too.
Sophitia has some voice files where she says “Lady Taki” and Taki herself yells “Go HOME!” to Sophitia while using certain moves and reversal edge commands. It’s so strange they don’t actually interact. It makes sense for Cassandra to have lines with her, she’s who greeted Taki when she brought Sophitia back to Greece.

Sophitia has some voice files where she says “Lady Taki” and Taki herself yells “Go HOME!” to Sophitia while using certain moves and reversal edge commands. It’s so strange they don’t actually interact. It makes sense for Cassandra to have lines with her, she’s who greeted Taki when she brought Sophitia back to Greece.
I assume that Sophie and Cass do, but them saying nothing to Taki and vice versa in the intros is odd.

Wasn’t Sophie unconscious and therefore would be unaware of Taki bringing her home?

And then in SCIV Taki just accuses her of being evil. Despite the Pyrrha issue. Maybe giving birth to Patroklos was the problem?

Well Cassandra probably told her lol

And tbf Sophie in SC4 did some fucked up things and was trying to use Soul Edge so

Wasn’t Sophie unconscious and therefore would be unaware of Taki bringing her home?

And then in SCIV Taki just accuses her of being evil. Despite the Pyrrha issue. Maybe giving birth to Patroklos was the problem?
Technically, yes, but only because it's not mentioned if they interacted on their journey back. I think it would be unrealistic/lazy writing for Sophitia to have been unconscious for weeks while Taki brought her back to Athens from Spain.

And tbf Sophie in SC4 did some fucked up things and was trying to use Soul Edge so
She was basically being blackmailed into it and became obsessed with protecting Pyrrha to the point of madness and paranoia so...can you blame her? Lol

Back