Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

You really shouldn’t say things like that. What if it ends up being true?

Then I will try out the character, along with Haomaru and the two veterans. Is the person who is correct about the 4th character getting a prize or something? It sounds like that from the way you bet your soul on this newcomer of yours (pun intended).

It's not like I'm claiming to be a leaker with credibility on the line, like a certain someone...

Then I will try out the character, along with Haomaru and the two veterans. Is the person who is correct about the 4th character getting a prize or something? It sounds like that from the way you bet your soul on this newcomer of yours (pun intended).

It's not like I'm claiming to be a leaker with credibility on the line, like a certain someone...
The problem with all the counter arguments is that they’re based on fictional rules and wishful thinking, nothing more. Newsflash folks: saying “they don’t need a new waifu character because they just did an all waifu pass” only makes it look more likely that they’ll make a new female character, not less. It establishes that the idea is one that can happen based on PS’s own actions.

Okubo being backed into a corner like that at the interview is legit proof. A similar situation foreshadowed 2B last year. Let’s not pretend for a second that Rock would make for good DLC. Most of them besides Hwang/Setsuka (predicted to be the other two) would make terrible DLC. I mean, even from PS’s own perspective, you think they’d rather put all the hard work on Rock for low returns and mixed-negative reception, or would they rather design a new female character to positive reception? Just stuff to think about.

do you guys believe the difficulty descriptions that the game provides for each character are accurate?

Like cass and Soph beginner, Tira advanced, Nightmare intermediate

@DanteSC3
I thought this may be relevant to your interests:

No Second Mission Option Glitch.
---

@Rusted Blade
While watching that video, it occurred to me that Cassandra is another example of a disconnect between battle and narrative.
Malfested Cassandra doesn't have an echo-y bestial voice in the Libra of Soul mission.
---

@Nyte
I don't follow your reasoning that Okubo would have just told us if Season 2 would only have classic characters. The logical counterpoint to that is "He could have just told us if there would be a newcomer." He was asked about both possibilities after all. You're doing the same thing you said others have been doing in proposing a particular rule applies here -- and then you're also only having the rule work for one scenario rather than both.

In addition, you've frequently cited Leroy Smith to make your (valid) case that newcomers can be DLC, but you've also been citing what was done with the second season pass for "Tekken 7" as evidence that Okubo would "just come out and say it" if there were only going to be classic characters coming alongside Haohmaru -- but you're not acknowledging that for season 3 of "Tekken 7," they "just came out and said it" about Leroy Smith rather than hiding him. Please apply these standards evenly to both scenarios.

Whatever the reality is, Okubo chose (or has been instructed) not to share what we're speculating over, and his reasons for not sharing it are the same regardless of the outcome.

You know what they say about Amy and Talim fans... xD
We have good taste?
QWy5kYg.jpg

I just had this thought about season 2. We are getting a customization pack bundled with each character individually. I was at first wondering how they were going to handle that. How many pieces we could expect to see and how that would compare with what we got in season 1. I think their strategy for handling the sale of unpopular characters is bundle legacy 2p costumes with each character and not just their own obviously. So for example someone who might not feel inclined to purchase Rock may do so if his slot includes several old 2ps they want. That is why they can be easily divided into 4 groups.

This is a different subject but if the prediction of Hwang, Setsuka holds up, adding Rock will then make the entire season pass of somewhat older characters. All of which were missing from the previous game at least. Haohmaru is a guest and doesnt fit that but he is definitely an old character.

do you guys believe the difficulty descriptions that the game provides for each character are accurate?

Like cass and Soph beginner, Tira advanced, Nightmare intermediate
I don't feel like zas is exactly a beginner characters, based on the curse stuff, as well as the overall gameplan, on the flipside, nightmare is a bit easier imho. Obviously a skilled player is different, but any player can pick up nightmare quickly, rather than say, voldo.

My issue is with Sieg. I feel like he is more technical than nighty, but he's rated lower, same with Cass imho. Both of them have more input requirements.

I wonder if we still get feeebies. Somehow Haohmaru might give us Nakoruru stuff...

What? I’m not a lolicon. Just think Haohmaru and Mitsurugi in the same game might be confusing plus Nakoruru doesn’t exactly fight with Taki’s ninjitsu. Her hawk might make the 3D environment complicated I guess...

Free characters are nice, but until I see it I won’t believe it. The most we seem to get for free is along the lines of stages and customization pieces.

Of course if they add free characters I bet it would be egdemaster at most

I wonder if we still get feeebies. Somehow Haohmaru might give us Nakoruru stuff...

What? I’m not a lolicon. Just think Haohmaru and Mitsurugi in the same game might be confusing plus Nakoruru doesn’t exactly fight with Taki’s ninjitsu. Her hawk might make the 3D environment complicated I guess...
If they somehow managed to force 2B into this game...

The challenge of adapting both Haohmaru or Nakoruru to SoulCalibur is that both characters rely heavily on their projectiles to control spacing. Projectiles in SoulCalibur are either slow, powerful and unblockable (Cervantes) or fast and weak (2B). Or they're just used to extend combos (Algol).

Projectiles in 2D fighters like SamSho aren't like that. They're meant to shut down an opponent's movement options and create pressure. With 8wayrun (the movement system, not this website), it'll be hard for them to do that. (Note: I didn't say impossible. Just hard.)

I'm really interested to see how Project Soul decides to adapt Haohmaru's projectiles. I'm guessing the first buff to his tornado is that he'll be able to combo off of it. They could also give him the ability to "steer" the projectile to the side to catch side-steppers. Something like 236A[8_2]. But even with these buffs, I don't think his zoning game will be very strong in SC.

Last edited:
Back