Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

A) We're not talking about something being a problem because it's sexualized but rather because it's dumb as shit.

We can agree this is where our differences lie. For me the elaborate designs of armor are just as much of an expression of wealth as well as defence and even though I agree that the Varahi breastplate is more ornament that armor that's not to say it not historical functioning armor which is the point I'm making.

Last edited:
I can't be that excited for any of it really. I have no attachment to Hilde. And I'm meh on Haohmaru. I was all in for the return of Hwang and Setsuka, though.

With the way that the character pass was set up, I thought that I'd be able to chill with Hwang for a while until Setsuka showed up as the likely 3rd character. But now, Setsuka's probably not coming for another half a year and now it's up in the air if Hwang is showing up at all.

Guess I just lose.

Agreed.

Hilde was completely unexpected to me.

I know this site is dedicated to the topic of boob armours, but I'm gonna be rude and change the topic to something else for a second.

Does anyone have any theories as to how they've changed the Hilde charge system? There are some big hints in the trailer as to how it works now, but it's difficult to say with 100% certainty what the new system is like.

First of all, here's a link to the trailer (which will be useful as I'll be mentioning a bunch of timestamps):

It looks like they've added an effect indicating if the weapons have been charged. For instance, at 0:58 you can see her sword is glowing red while the spear is glowing blue. She then does a fancy sword attack which removes the red glow, and then a fancy spear attack which removes the blue glow.

There's a more interesting moment in the trailer. At 0:47 Hilde has a glowing sword and does a jumping slash with the sword which causes a lethal hit. Immediately afterwards, she does an attack which has the same animation as the charge 3 A move from SC4 and SC5 (and it loses the charge afterwards). So it seems you can use a non-charge A move while your sword is charged, something you couldn't do in 4 or 5.

Another interesting moment is at 1:09. It looks like she activates soul charge and it immediately charges both sword and spear. And then she does a couple of moves which uses up the charge (she's still glowing afterwards, which I'm pretty sure is due to soul charge).

So, we can conclude a couple of things:
  • Weapons now glow indicating they're charged. Red for sword, and blue for spear.
  • You can do normal A attacks without spending the sword charge (this would also mean you don't need to keep A held down to keep the charge).
  • Soul Charge instantly charges up sword and spear.
It makes me wonder if they've changed how you charge up the weapons to begin with. Maybe they've removed the mechanic with holding down A and B to charge up the weapons. Maybe it works in a similar way as Cassandra's Divine Force where you build up the charge by doing specific moves, and then you use up the charge with specific input.

Anyone have a different theory as to how it could work now?

That will be Ivy.

I can give you more examples if you want.
Just look at this famous Polish winged hussar armor:
View attachment 67687
Like what the hell were they even thinking? And mind you, that was not just one guy with a weird taste, that thing was actualally a mass-produced army standard. The wings were detachable, so not every hussar wore those into battles, but for a fact many actually did.
This types of wings weren't used in battles as far as I know. The thing about booblate and history is that there were basically no examples of female warriors and if they were, then they would wear the armor that craftsmen knew how to create or simply used the male equivalent because it was effective. Cobsidering that there was emphasis on manly attributes when designing full plate (thin waist was considered pretty manly as well iirc and those are pretty prominent with this type of armour), then it is possible that if women were more prominent in warfare during the past then there would be some armor catered towards them. But the again I, the biggest issues with boobplate are articulation and those boob bumps would slide any thrust or arrow into the neck and that is never a good thing.
In the end I think it's mostly avout overall aesthetics. It can be done well and it can be done really badly and even tho I am usually a big fan of Women in practical armour I do not mind a well crafted boobplate

Who's to say he can't be grey in this new game? Hilde was never yellow but here we are.
Amy and Cassandra were just as they were in their respective stories of Raphael or Sophitia. Hwang is still flying his colors in Seong Mi-na’s story, unless we get his Assassin form or something.

This also leaves a door open for Algol as well.
This I will continue to say no for. Zasalamel made it very plain and clear the Algol is not a thing in the present era. He compared the Conduit as being an Algol-like entity, but the Algol is definitely still lying dormant, else Zasalamel would be doing something about it for sure. The only possibility at all would be seeing Algol from the ancient times with his son Arcturus and perhaps the Zasalamel of the age as well, but it’s extremely doubtful to me that they would take this path.

D6470ACC-28FA-4406-8F76-2C3AF7BA33F1.png

As a man, this makes me really uncomfortable. Hearing the sharpness as she grinds that sword on her spear makes me cringe. Mi-Na’s is almost merciful in comparison.

One other thing: the music in her trailer would have been mentioned as being part of the DLC I believe. It sounds a bit too heroic for the daytime version of the woods too...

My other conspiracy theory is that the Haohmaru gameplay trailer may end up teasing Setsuka. I’m sure our guest may come with a stage that has cherry blossoms. What a perfect way to reintroduce the one we’ve all been waiting for too...

Last edited:
This types of wings weren't used in battles as far as I know.
Apparently some historians do debate if those wings were used in battles or not, but to me it looks like yes is a much more probable answer than no here.
There are many old painting from the time period depicting winged hussars fighting with their wings on, those paintings are historical evidence, I don't see how they can be simply dismissed.

Kluszyn_1610.JPG
Section of "Battle of Klushino" painting by a Polish artist Szymon Boguszowicz. Painted in 1620, the battle itself took place in 1610.

70656.jpg
Section of "The Battle of Chocim" painting by a Polish-German artist Andrzej Stech. Painted between 1674 and 1679, the battle itself took place in 1673.

phoca_thumb_l_aaawien11.jpg
"Battle of Vienna" painting by an Italian artist Martino Altomonte. Painted in 1688, the battle itself took place in 1683.

And so on.

"Imagine complaining about tiddie armor" indeed. If I wanted realism I'd play shit like For Honor. Keep that shit out of Soulcalibur, thank you.

Anyways, hope we get more S2 news soon. I'm really hoping for a better schedule this time around.

Look at it this way, it's only November and we already have half of the season 2 characters revealed. Although, that's not really saying much because we have no clue where they are at with Haohmaru. The legal aspects of that probably haven't even been fnished yet.

Back