Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I think the only reason for them not to show the rest of the S2 characters is that they're not developed yet. I'm expecting a Hoahmaru (+ his new stage) trailer followed by "Out Now/Tomorrow/Next Week!".

Then hopefully we can expect Setsuka early March.

Maru guy trailer is to be expect, the real question is are they gonna tease the last 2 or not?

Tbh sometimes i think it's bad to show all characters, but sometimes there are games that shows all characters and it didn't work that bad, like T7 or SFV Season 3.
I'm really, really hoping it's a twofer with Setsuka because we already know Haohmaru is in. I feel like Okubo will want to show something that hasn't been seen before to keep buzz going.

I think the only reason for them not to show the rest of the S2 characters is that they're not developed yet. I'm expecting a Hoahmaru (+ his new stage) trailer followed by "Out Now/Tomorrow/Next Week!".

Then hopefully we can expect Setsuka early March.
I mean, they don’t have to be developed to have a character art on a picture. Look at Tekken, Dragon Ball FighterZ, or just about any other fight game that isn’t SoulCalibur. There really isn’t any true excuse for how they have handled both seasons of content. The only reason they’re doing it now is that they did it one way to start, and it would be weird to suddenly change it now. We’re just gonna have to ride out the suffering for as long as this game keeps on keeping on.

And I’m still banking on not Setsuka because they know that we have collectively decided that pink is Setsuka, so they’ll make pink someone else, just like they did with yellow and Hwang, just to throw us off, to keep us guessing. They like messing with our heads, apparently, since they’ve been clowning since the codename datamining leaks.

I'm really, really hoping it's a twofer with Setsuka because we already know Haohmaru is in. I feel like Okubo will want to show something that hasn't been seen before to keep buzz going.

I hope you're right, i really want to see Setsuka so badly damn LOL

If the last two aren't Setsuka & Natalie I definitely don't buy..

Who's Natalie?

That's what I want myself.

We know about Haohmaru since August and honestly, he ain't that hype.

A Setsuka/Hwang/Rock trailer is a must for hype reasons IMO.

A badass Rock would be cool as well. I really enjoyed his SC4 version and his upgraded version in Broken Destiny. That's how strong Rock is supposed to be IMHO. (JF PT mixups FTW and ground loops)

If not Rock, finally a Bangoo reveal wouldn't be bad at all. New character and a long expected one coming from Rock's story line of things. Hype.

A badass Rock would be cool as well. I really enjoyed his SC4 version and his upgraded version in Broken Destiny. That's how strong Rock is supposed to be IMHO. (JF PT mixups FTW and ground loops)

If not Rock, finally a Bangoo reveal wouldn't be bad at all. New character and a long expected one coming from Rock's story line of things. Hype.

I'm down with most characters, there are just very few SC characters that i feel meh about. And Rock is absolutely not one of them.

That make me think, what would be your top 5 characters to return in SC6 right now?

Me: - Setsuka
- Yun
- Hwang
- Li Long
- Lizardman

Speaking about Lizardman, imo he would be a very solid candidate if Season 3 will be a thing.

I'm down with most characters, there are just very few SC characters that i feel meh about. And Rock is absolutely not one of them.

That make me think, what would be your top 5 characters to return in SC6 right now?

Me: - Setsuka
- Yun
- Hwang
- Li Long
- Lizardman

Speaking about Lizardman, imo he would be a very solid candidate if Season 3 will be a thing.

For me, obviously Setsuka. She is one of the best female characters designed ever in gameplay overall and just plain badass.

Li Long - I mained Li Long in SC3 AE. That character was extremely fun IMO. Wayyyyyyyy better than any version of Maxi. I don't like Maxi and being a fan of nunchakus forever, I loved how Li Long played being a double nunchaku user. Very underrated character and it shouldn't be seeing that he is OG and the original nunchaku character.

Hwang - SC1 SCCs and SC3 SCCs forever.

Rock - I can't stand Astaroth and hate how he usurped Rock's place as the OG brute. Rock has always been cooler than Astaroth IMO and ALL his soundtracks are Top Tier. Rock FTW!!!

Algol - I mained Algol in SC4 and seeing so much Azwel in tourneys and comparing Azwel to Algol (Hell the fuck no) makes me miss him more. Algol is the Hero King and a BAMF. Azwel is just a very sad sighting.

Patroklos as well but obviously he won't be playable in SC6.

And I prefer missing Patroklos that having to stand the rest of SC5 kids and subs.

Fuck no.

Li Long - I mained Li Long in SC3 AE. That character was extremely fun IMO. Wayyyyyyyy better than any version of Maxi. I don't like Maxi and being a fan of nunchakus forever, I loved how Li Long played being a double nunchaku user. Very underrated character and it shouldn't be seeing that he is OG and the original nunchaku character.

I'm so jealous of you right now XD, I've never played the arcade version of him but the video clips I've seen of his moveset look incredible.

As much as i want Ashlotte and always will, soul calibur without a iaido user doesnt feel right. I'd like to see zwei and viola, hwang, and damp. Algol would be cool too, if we can cas his style.

Algol - I mained Algol in SC4 and seeing so much Azwel in tourneys and comparing Azwel to Algol (Hell the fuck no) makes me miss him more. Algol is the Hero King and a BAMF. Azwel is just a very sad sighting.
I honestly feel like Azwel got really boring to watch after his playerbase started winning almost every tournament when 1.30 came out during Season 1. At least his streak died at EVO last year when Yuttoto defeated Bluegod’s Azwel as Voldo. It’s still pretty satisfying to see imo.

Last edited:
Back