Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Nah she’ll get her new outfit designed by Tamaki.

Secret face panties. But really probably a flower hair tie thing.
I'm also glad she's getting thigh/sock equipment. I'm interested in what that is, especially given most footwear options are pretty meh outside of a select few options. I wonder if they are going to be tank or something more unusual. I'm half wondering if they might end up being something like more unusual.

As a sidenote, what do you think hwang might bring?

I legitimately am just expecting to get his representation from the story mode, no frills. If it’s that with an updated SoulCalibur III: Arcade Edition moveset, without silly gimmicks, I’ll be a happy girl.
Honestly, that's what I'm hoping for. A nice playstyle with nothing awkward, something down to earth. I just want to be able to meet hwang for the first time in a present day situation. He's probably the character I'm most interested in atm. You kinda know what you get with setsuka. So I'll look forward to hwang.

Hopefully Setsuka will have more clothes on in SC6 than she did in SC4!
One thing that I noticed, if I'm not mistaken, is that the outfits of the characters in SC6 are similar to their outfits of the debut games. Also, Cassandra, Amy and Hilde came with their SC4 outfits. Thus, I believe that Setsuka will wear a similar kimono from SC3 (which matches with the pink slot) and will come with her SC4 outfit for CAS.

If this leak is true.

Hwang will probably have both his SC1 outfit from the Mina's Ending Artwork, and a new one, based on Dark Blue Themed with Magenta Accent Color. If you look at his Libra of Souls model he is already wearing thoses colors instead of Green/Blue.

His new design will probably be something blended from SC1, SC3 and maybe Soul Blade.

His moveset will probably be an extension of SC3 AE where he nearly shares nothing. However I would like to see his Kicks Cancels and String pressure from SC1 coming back, I don't know why they removed this from SC3 to SC3 AE.

There will be probably Yun in his story mode, I think the codename leaks seems pretty accurate at this point, and they probably want to keep Yun as the popular char for evo S3, where Setsuka was planned for evo S2.

I hope both Hwang and Yun will finish derivating/splitting like Cassandra/Sophitia, Mina/Kilik, Astaroth/Rock, Mitsu/Yoshi, Nightmare/Siegfried, Raphael/Amy did when they got time to.

The more diverse will be the game.

There is also rumor about a new char for S3, but I have conflicting information about him, is it a new or a guest, I don't know.

I'am glad Hwang is back (or at least seems to be planned at some point), I hope this will be an opportunity for them to have new mechanics, gameplay and cool stuff, while waiting for Yun, Aeon and Rock.

I'am not sure... but I'am thinking that we might not see SC4 (besides Hilde) and SC5 characters in this game which seems to be a reboot, at least before S4 (if ever), I think that's why Azwel and Groh seems to appeal at certain point Algol and Zwei fans. Maybe Algol, but I really doubt for Zwei/Viola before they finish the "story/timeline" char before.

Anyway, it's only leak and rumors for now, we will see if all this things will happen...
Hayate

Attachments

• LibraOfSoulSReword.jpg
    LibraOfSoulSReword.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
His moveset will probably be an extension of SC3 AE where he nearly shares nothing. However I would like to see his Kicks Cancels and String pressure from SC1 coming back, I don't know why they removed this from SC3 to SC3 AE.

Me either.

SC canceling rushdown is his gimmick.

I wanna believe this leak but it's like it doesn't even exist, I keep hearing different things and don't wanna get my hopes up for Hwang and be dissapointed. Can anyone actually show the files?

Let me be cautiously optimistic and assuming we indeed have Hwang, then perhaps the devs do know what we want. Methinks we’ll have actually useful CaS pieces (I know someone needs some ring trousers. I could use a Hip Skirt or Pareo so that a percentage of my OCs don’t wear Slit Skirts) coming either now or even in a Season 3.

Hopefully Setsuka will have more clothes on in SC6 than she did in SC4!

Even if SC3 was her best but i don't think SC4 was that bad, it was actually one of the very few defaults that didn't look that bad in SC4.

The other weird thing about SC4 is that some designs that are supposed to looks great weren't that much, for example i love Sophitia design in SC3, i mean she was literally perfect, but then in SC4 with that same white costume she looked off in that game, i don't know if the DOAfication of characters physics had something to do with it.

Is this based on the 2.10 or the 2.11 patch? Any difference concerning the leaked data between the two?
this video was published on 2 April meaning there that it could have been made after the patch dropped even then, the only legit proof we could get is a video made b4 30 March but even in those circumstances it can be easily be faked.

Back