Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Are we sure there won't be some kind of online EVO Japan 2021?
Covid did not kill off EVO 2020 after all, it fell to a staff-related controversy. They did promise to reorganise and return next year after all.
EVO is a US event. EVOJapan 2021 isn't happening. Another Japanese Roundtable might happen.

Look at Nightmare and Siegfried in SC6: they share the same body, yet are two separate characters on the roster. I expect Amy/Viola to get a similar treatment in SC7.

Nightmare & Siegfried have been different since SCIII. They were in SCI, but they were the same because movesets with similar weapons were not as diverse as SCIII - SCVI. I feel Viola might return in SCVII.

Viola can be a clone or magic ripoff of Amy since Azwel grabbed her or something at the end of her story.

Perhaps Viola is like an automation brought to life lmao

It's disappointing that there wasn't a season 3 trailer, or any confirmation if we're getting one or not, but the possible context in this tweet by Michael Murray from August makes me hopeful it's in the works.

Michael Murray Soul Calibur.PNG

Look up for more Season 3 teases in the last batch of Season 2 content, namely new story chapters for Nightmare and Mitsurugi as well as Hwang's Chronicle.
The similar weapons argument is pointless in SCVI.
But we are talking about Amy and Viola here, similar weapon arguments have nothing in common with those two at all in any context.

Edgemaster should come free of charge as a gesture of goodwill from Namco IMHO.

But he definitely should make it. He is important to the overall Soul saga and i would love to see his story from SC6, origins, etc.
I agree - an idea I have for a rerelease of SC6 on next gen platforms is to call the package (bundled with all DLC and Edge Master) Edge Master Edition!

That being said I’ve always found Edge Master coming rock bottom of the infamous character poll baffling - he’s by far my favourite mimic but obviously am in the minority!

Hopefully there will be obvious indicators of another season like there was with Cassandra and Amy.
If Yun-seong appears on Hwang’s soul chronicle with a new design I will flip my shit. My hype would go to the roof. Either way whatever happened to Groh’s extra side chapter? Is title chapter one and it ends on a cliffhanger. If that doesn’t come with the Hwang update that could be a hint for season 3.

• "Dark Thunder" seems to be new to his lore

• green chain looks attached to the end of his Dao
View attachment 85470View attachment 85471

•While the text states he has SIX secret arts, its interesting to note that the korean taoist symbol is octagonal (8 sides)

• He can create aa blue portal to jump off of
View attachment 85472

• He can throw little paper talisman seals, and if he stabs throw them .. he recovers soul gauge ? Hwang flashes blue after this attack. Note the same korean taoist octagon symbol + teal colored character by his feet when he winds up his break attack. This looks to be a buff generated by the preceding talisman (flashed red characters)
View attachment 85476
View attachment 85475

Another Talisman, but mid combo. Wonder if this Yellow talisman does anything special (looks like a ground stun type) like Asta/Xianghua/2B.
View attachment 85483

• did Hwang always have a Shadowless Kick in his repetoire
View attachment 85478

• This blue lightning one looks to be part of a special attack-throw
View attachment 85480
View attachment 85482

HIs CE looks really sick : mid-air flying kicking a sword already embedded in his victim's gut!!
So nice to see the original Soul Calibur clone is not a clone any more.

So very nice.

as an aside, Dark Thunder may be his new sword, but it still keeps the ‘storm’ theme.

So nice to see the original Soul Calibur clone is not a clone any more.

So very nice.

as an aside, Dark Thunder may be his new sword, but it still keeps the ‘storm’ theme.

Wasn't Xianghua more of a clone though? Hwang had the long sword style first, did he not? I guess the better term in Xianghua's case would be successor, though.

Wasn't Xianghua more of a clone though? Hwang had the long sword style first, did he not? I guess the better term in Xianghua's case would be successor, though.
Hwang in Soul Edge did had a jian, but he was a copy of Mitsurugi because Korean had problems with samurai. In SCI, Hwang got a dao, but his moveset was Xianghua's. Hwang was unlocked in the Korean Version of SCI while X was unlockable, but everywhere else X was selectable & Hwang was unlockable. Everyone knows Yun-seong became the new dao user in SCII - IV.

As usual male characters get shafted hard. On the other hand the sc girl miniskirt is a separate item. That’s awesome no more need for tira ripped skirt if I want a decent miniskirt.
Yeah, what the heck. Would it kill them to make decent stuff for the men? At least Hwang's stuff is good. Also, if you check the parts on the latest update you can see the free items with update.

Back