Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I wouldnt expect anything from s3. You would think after those two "amazing" season of characters they would run out of bad options and eventually put in the interesting characters. But they will find some way to fuck it up.
Oh, there’s going to be a season three? I will admit, I was — and still am — one of the completely skeptical people.

@KALAFINA

I'd be willing to bet a kidney we won't see ashlotte again, at least not in the way we saw her in sciv. I will say she's one of the more interesting. I will say though, I'd love her back. To this day she's still one of my favourite characters. If it's any consolation, she is the only guest artist character that has been alluded to iirc.

Edit: I don't think there's a confirmed season three yet. I might be wring but I haven't seen anything

Yea i should have said "if there will be a season 3".
Im not 100% sold on that yet either. Wouldnt be surprised if s2 was the last one for sc6 since tekken is obviously doing way better and they can just put more effort into that game.

And to what you said Lisa thats a thing people expected since s1 :D and it didnt really happen except for a few exceptions.

I have a little hope that by continuing the DLC packs they will end up bringing the remaining clothes, even if they give one by one, which is the case with Seong Mina's 2P that have so far given Bong Seon Underwear and Bong Seon Spaulder separately. I wouldn't be surprised if CaS G, H, I ended up receiving Bong Seon Circlet, Bong Seon Blouse and Bong Seon Boots.

If there is no Season 3 they could launch another spin off that will probably be a failure as always. Manifesting Lost Swords 2.
4vba17.gif

I mean yea we probably get some parts but you can be 100% sure that not every character will get a costume. Its probably gonna be reserved to the waifu characters or the main guys like mitsu. Like in season 1 i think we got a retro voldo mask from sc1. Guess who is the only character in the game taht cant use it ? Kappa

@Foot
Season 1
  • SC 5 1P Siegfried (DLC)
  • SC 4 2P Nightmare (DLC)
  • SC 1 2P Astaroth only mask(DLC)
  • SC 1 2P Voldo only mask(DLC)
  • SC 5 2P Tira The undergarment are in base game(DLC)
  • SC 4 1P Amy (Bonus)
  • SC 4 1P Rock only Rhinoceros Head (As Rock wore the same costume with only a difference in color and the 1P was accompanied as a helmet, so if he is a DLC he would probably receive his 1P / 2P). (DLC)
  • SC 4 1P Cassandra (Bonus)

Season 2
  • SC 5 2P Cervantes undergarment(DLC)
  • SC 5 1P Mitsurugi (DLC)
  • SC 4 1P Hilde (Bonus)
  • SC 4 1P Setsuka (Bonus)
  • SC 5 1P Ivy only Earrings(DLC)
  • SC 5 2P Ivy only Earrings(DLC)
  • SC 4 1P Seong Mina (Bonus)
  • SC 1 3P Sophitia only Breastplate(DLC)
  • SC 4 2P Seong Mina only Underwear and Spaulder(DLC)

Those who have so far received absolutely nothing: Azwel - Groh - Kilik - Maxi - Raphael - Taki - Talim - Xianghua - Yoshimitsu - Zasalamel

All possible remaining characters could come in SC 4/5 costume, with the exception of Li Long, who could bring something for Taki, Xianghua, Maxi, Mitsurugi or Cervantes.

Last edited:
yea but as in actual costumes its not really alot to be fair. Its basically just all the dlc characts who got a retro outfit to sell the dlc. And Sieg,nm,mitsu,mina

wouldnt say thats really distrubuted equally among the cast if some people just get a mask. That that in a couple cases has just been a recycled cas item from 4 and 5. Or in the case of voldo a maks that voldo cant even wear himself cause it clips with his base model or actually im not even sure if he can equip it to begin with.

So i dont really think we will be getting actual retro outfits unless it comes with a dlc character they wanna sell.

The only thing I want to know right now is if a season 3 is coming or not. Okubo saying this and Kayane saying something along the lines of if you want a more content go and shout loudly on social media doesn't say anything, nor does it ignite my hope. Right now I'm not bothered about seeing a trailer, just an announcement will do because I fully understand that the pandemic has screwed over everything in the world. Knowing if SC6 is still being supported or wrapping up is all I want to know at this point.

Okubo.PNG

yea but as in actual costumes its not really alot to be fair. Its basically just all the dlc characts who got a retro outfit to sell the dlc. And Sieg,nm,mitsu,mina

wouldnt say thats really distrubuted equally among the cast if some people just get a mask. That that in a couple cases has just been a recycled cas item from 4 and 5. Or in the case of voldo a maks that voldo cant even wear himself cause it clips with his base model or actually im not even sure if he can equip it to begin with.

So i dont really think we will be getting actual retro outfits unless it comes with a dlc character they wanna sell.
Voldo is capable of wearing the DLC mask he got, but it does look a bit awkward on him since it clashes with the base mask he has on his model. Pretty disappointing and honestly unacceptable. ._.

Hello there... New guy here. Speaking of V and VI, here is a comparison of the "Create-a-Soul" skin textures.

SCV vs SCVI Textures: https://imgbox.com/g/cAl49Ic1bU
SCV vs SCVI Normal Maps: https://imgbox.com/g/hUPMxIbafL

SCVI vs SCV textures in-game: https://imgbox.com/g/9FJXanAuwD

Look closely and you'll see the goosebumps on top of the SCVI textures and normal maps. Face textures were larger in SCV (1024x1024); however, I've resized them to 512x512 for comparison's sake.

SCV vs SCV textures in SCVI in-game: https://imgbox.com/g/5NHws7zRsl

Unfortunately, the normal maps work differently in SCVI, so you'll need to match the contrast, levels, and vibrance of SCV's normal maps to SCVI's (which is something I cannot for the life of me pull off perfectly) and invert their green channel.

Still wondering if these changes were intentional or the quality got lost during the process of converting from V to VI.
Yes i was surprised that the quality of some of these textures were actually lower in SC6 compared to SC5. If the models were close enough, I would just re-use the SC5 asset in that case.
Granted I never compared the CAS faces and focused more on the original cast

Yes i was surprised that the quality of some of these textures were actually lower in SC6 compared to SC5. If the models were close enough, I would just re-use the SC5 asset in that case.
Granted I never compared the CAS faces and focused more on the original cast
I think the CAS faces in SC4 were even better than the ones in SC5.

We have them for the body parts so why not the face? I guess it's more complex/intricate but still.
On a technical level the method needed for doing faces would have absolutely nothing in common with how body parts are done outside of being controlled by a slider.

I just went through the original cast and apparently their face/body textures from VI look more bland and have this "extra noise" issue (or goosebumps as I'd like to call it) on normal maps as well. Quick comparison of 1P Mitsurugi ⬇

I mean, less details on face textures kinda make them look younger... but the noise made their skin texture look rougher/dryer compared to V imo. e.g. Ivy's bust looks bumpy up-close in VI due to that.
As you said earlier, the bump map need the green channel to be inverted, in order to be comparable.
The texture dimensions being 4x smaller in SC6 is also a surprising decision.

Back