Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Learning today that Okubo seems to have moved on to producing effin' Pacman 99 kinda made me lose hope for another season. How likely is it that he's producing two titles at the same time? That combined with their radio silence except for some retweets AND SC6 going on sale now, makes me really pessimistic.
Somebody convince me there's still a decent chance, please.

Perhaps COVID really did SC6 in with the cancellation of the world tour. A true shame...

at the very least we have a strong foundation for future support and a new game unlike the shambles that the series was in post SC5. Some are still optimistic but if we truly do have more content on the way then it will be a very long wait so I won’t be losing sleep over it.

If no Season 3 then all I would ask for at the very least is an improvement to this game’s netcode. 2 1/2 years into this game and it hasn’t even been looked at once. I don’t think I can stomach this amount of lag from online any further...

This game is so much fun to watch. I'm so glad Setsuka got to shine. Woahhz was fantastic.
Setsuka is going to get even better in SCVI S3 when her normals disappears only to return in Wintry Reflection & become worse by 6 DMG Less & 6Fs worse. Vernal Reflection will make JF Slides 2Fs faster, do SC JFs without SC, & make 214, 236, & JFs inputs do 5 DMG more. Moonlight Reflection should just make GIs, aGIs, Block punishes, & Whiff Punishes get more meter.

Didn't Micheal Murray tweet that he was working with Okubo on getting a Wi-Fi filter for SC6 or something?
While I'm too lazy to look for that specific tweet, I am pretty confident that he tweeted it before Setsuka's release maybe, but definitely before Hwang's release and he just said he was "helping Okubo with SC6" or something, whatever that might mean.
Or are you referring to a different tweet that was not discussed here previously?

EDIT: Found it:

7c687debe61f4b5aca1f1465811bbd05.jpg

Dayum, spicy! :sc1sig1: I bet it's expensive tho 😭 I better start saving up!🤑
Edit: $869.00 USD? The cheaper version is $699.00 USD. That's like half a month of work for my broke ass, smh.

Last edited:
If you factually look at the evolution of what Project Soul did in Soulcalibur6 between release and the 2 DLCs (Setsuka and Hwang design + moveset + a lot of chronicles etc) you can safely say they are in a pretty good mood and can do more than before, it means the company is okay to give them more chance, more money and more opportunity to do so.

So there is no way there not gonna be asked to continue doing things for Soulcalibur. They even did a "To Be Continued" artwork for the current game.

I don't think there will be a SC7 before a lot of time, because the market has changed and tends to profit on game longer.
What does it left? A Season 3

Why it hasn't been annouced yet?
Probably the cancelation of World Tours and "Offline Promotional Events" that probably have a major impact on FGs new "long term longetivity". So having COVID that cancels everything threaten this. They don't want to start working on SC7 if they miss the "reprise" after COVID, but they don't want to waste ressources on a time frame not really good to promote the game neither.

So they are probably waiting and delaying, that's why I think T7 also have shortened their last season to only 2 character and 6months, because now they can take a break for both production team at the same time.

When things will be added again?
  • Depends on how countries get out of COVID situation so Offline events can be back
  • Depends on how Online Events can replace Offline events promotions (we will see at EVO online)

So I will say something I have said numerous times since the rumors about a SC6 and in the entire lifetime of SC6 : just wait, it's long and painful everytime, and it's a shame to wait so much, but I think we will still get things.

Definately a very iconic "moment" in SC lore captured in this statue.
Using the SC6 outfit instead of SC3 outfit was a question mark for me, but it still looks amazing.
I agree, i'm not sure why they chose his SC6 design. but one thing i notice is - his SC6 design looks great in the artwork. hell, even this statue makes his SC6 design look cool. but in-game? it looks meh. i'm not sure why.

Japan has it's 3rd COVID - 19 state of emergency this year. I don't even think SCVI is getting a Season 3 anymore. Setsuka's EZ Normals will never be removed. :(

Back