Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Reviewing a game for ultra- casuals I suppose he's entitled to his opinion lol. Does he apply the logic of non-returning MK characters as cash grabs ?
Finding a balance of quality and quantity of roster characters is decided super early on. Everytime they introduce 2 new characters, you'd imagine 2 vets dont make the a return in the base game

well guess sc is dead hu ? Since we are actually arguing about some random ass guy making a bad review Kappa

And then cherry in the top is that he defend AC Odyssey microtransactions system, AC Odyssey is actually one of the perfect example of abusive cashgrab.

AC Valhalla had a broken mission called The Brewing Storm for 6 months while Ubisoft was so focused on the Helix Store(Microtransactions)
Marvel's Avengers has $15 skins & serious bugs like enemies spawning outside the map.

but but but.. muh outrage clicks!!
Strong opinions (especially if they're stupid) makes for great youtube videos

Does anyone think the reason behind no Season 3 announcement and such a prolonged silence from the devs is related to a next gen and / or Switch version being in the works? Guess we might found out in a few weeks at E3 either way..

Does anyone think the reason behind no Season 3 announcement and such a prolonged silence from the devs is related to a next gen and / or Switch version being in the works? Guess we might found out in a few weeks at E3 either way..
We're in unprecedented times both with a global pandemic as well as yearly DLC for fighting games (8th gen really is the first time this model has been done), at this point we really have no idea if SC6 is done or not. It's why I think the upcoming Evo event is the do or die situation for season 3 as Evo is the big annual fighting game event for corporate trailers.

We're in unprecedented times both with a global pandemic as well as yearly DLC for fighting games (8th gen really is the first time this model has been done), at this point we really have no idea if SC6 is done or not. It's why I think the upcoming Evo event is the do or die situation for season 3 as Evo is the big annual fighting game event for corporate trailers.
EVO won't have trailers anymore due to the Japanese RoundTable.

I can delude myself into thinking they need extra time to develop Season 3 since they have to balance 28 characters now, along with setting up a third season of content that will take 3-4 months to drop at a time, on top of covid making things harder. But...I'm not very confident in this delusion. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I honestly don't feel that worried when it comes to the current state of the soul series. Yes, we may not get a season 3 but I believe SCVI did great nonetheless. It did great enough to prove that there is demand for the series. Demand enough for a proper sequel.

Demand enough for a proper sequel.
At this point, I've grown to care less for a "proper" sequel. My love for SC series will make things "proper" via just buying, playing it, and critique it for oddities.The only "improper sequels" imo is SC Legends and SC pay-I mean play to win cash grab(forgot what it was called).

I can only hope they take a page out of Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat next installment. Those two recently have lots of love still burning through their DLC content.

SCVI is still my favorite though.

Man i wish SC6 has netcode as good as GG strive. Also the loading time are even much faster and that's neat too tho this make sens because of graphics style.

I'm add some more delusion to the growing pile. In the event that they really are cooking up some sort of expansion/port/season 3 for fall 2021 or later then I would say it makes sense for them to take longer due to the remaining pool of characters.

There are two different Lizardman styles and we don't know which one they would pick. Lets say they pick the SC4 one, well they still have to work on making Lizardman feel different from the greek girls besides his weapon and different animations. Changing his playstyle or gimmick, etc. And then there's the kratos ripoff style. It seemed incomplete, and if they use that as a baseline they would need to do more work to flesh it out and remove more of the kratos animations to make it more unique. A new guest would be built from scratch so a lot of work there. Yun-Seong was neglected in SC3 and SC4 so they would need to really work on him to make him a good character again. Perhaps they will give him 5 more stances or something, anything to pull him out of D tier status. Of course for Rock they would need to basically make an almost new style or gameplan for him since they gave a lot of his most iconic stuff to Asta so...this is all a lot of work and I could see them taking ages to complete it.

But more likely is they are done. I see okubo tweeting some pacman or whatever thing again, hopefully the fall will bring some good news but I'm doubtful.

And then there's the kratos ripoff style. It seemed incomplete, and if they use that as a baseline they would need to do more work to flesh it out and remove more of the kratos animations to make it more unique.

Most of his moves are Project Soul originals. The moves that are from the GOW games are chain blade attacks. The attacks that are just the blades are not from the GOW games (bar some of the grab animations). The only move I would consider a GOW move is the big thrusting kick, but I think that was only introduced because of the film 300 when Leonidas did the big boot.

SC4 Lizardman please.
Best Lizardman.
And already pretty unique and not too similar to the greek girls at all imo.
Mostly because of his unbridled style.
Ferocious.
And his crawl stance.
Him not having it made Aeon unplayable for me, in addition to his new gimmicks.
Also Frilled Lizard outfit best outfit❤️
I don't know much about Rock, did Astaroth get so many of his moves?
And did Astaroth lose attacks that Rock could use?

I'm ok with them taking their time.
I'd also be ok with their long silence, IF they make another season.
If SCVI is dead they could have ripped off the band-aid much more quickly.

Back