Soulcalibur V coming as a Digital Download!

• Admin
Namco just announced today that Soulcalibur V will be coming as a digital download to both Playstation Network and Xbox Live this Tuesday on April 23. Though this shouldn't really matter since everyone reading this message on this website should already have a copy of the game!

The game will be available at a discounted price at $19.99. So if you haven't picked it up yet, this would be a great time to do so... especially if you don't have it for both consoles. In Europe as well, there will be a "Legendary Edition" for 29.99 which features the game and all available DLC.
SOULCALIBUR™V is coming to Xbox® Live Games on Demand and PlayStation®Store!

The latest entry in the premier weapons-based head-to-head fighting series continues with the epic struggle of warriors in search for the legendary Soul Swords.

SOULCALIBUR™V will be available for 19.99€/19.99$ in Europe, North America, Middle East, Africa and Australasia for download on April 23rd, 2013 on Xbox® LIVE Games on Demand.
It will be available on the PlayStation®Network for 19.99€/19.99$, on April 23rd for North America and on April 24th for Europe, North America, Middle East, Africa and Australasia.
In addition to the stand-alone version of SoulCalibur V is coming to Xbox® LIVE Games on Demand and via the PlayStation®Network, an exclusive SOULCALIBUR™V: Legendary Edition will also be available for download in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Australasia for download for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system for 29.99€.

The Legendary Edition includes the full game, plus the additional character Dampierre and the downloadable costumes and armor sets.

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
I'm unimpressed. This doesn't show that Namco is interested in SC or it's fans. this is just standard and routine for games. I definitely don't feel like buying the game again. I already went back to SC4 where i have much more fun playing it than SC5. We got the short end of the stick. I wouldn't have blamed project soul but they were the ones who made the game terribly unbalance with those damned patches. it was Namco's fault that Project Soul gave us an unfinished project. i see that. i'll still buy a new SC game (as long as it's not for the Wii) though but i'm not buying anymore versions of SC5 unless it's drastically revamped.

I actually have my SC5 disk permanently in my PS3.

When did you become such an expert on marketing projects?

I don't see how you believe that namco's plan is to "release digital copies" and how that would lead to making an inferior SC6 or justify an SC5 you didn't enjoy.

What's funniest is you trying to convince others not to purchase this as a statement against namco which won't achieve anything positive.

as adam orth would say: deal with it. lol
ok mr.internet tough guy

This would have been a good time to release some additional DLC costume items, since most of the hardcore fans already have the game, and picking up the casual crowd would do more good.

Ok, now bring on that $10 pack with all of the DLC they included in the "Legendary Edition" to those of us that got the game on release day.

I actually have my SC5 disk permanently in my PS3.

When did you become such an expert on marketing projects?

I don't see how you believe that namco's plan is to "release digital copies" and how that would lead to making an inferior SC6 or justify an SC5 you didn't enjoy.

What's funniest is you trying to convince others not to purchase this as a statement against namco which won't achieve anything positive.

ok mr.internet tough guy

This would have been a good time to release some additional DLC costume items, since most of the hardcore fans already have the game, and picking up the casual crowd would do more good.

maybe you should actually read what i wrote instead of jumping to conclusions.

FIRSTLY. i never claimed to be a marketing expert. i made a joke about them just now releasing the digital download edition. usually it's released much earlier, which people took more seriously than it was intended.

SECONDLY. where did i EVER make ANY statement that even remotely wanted to convince others to or not to buy said digital edition one way or another?? if people buy it, great! perhaps they can use that money and make us a SC thats worth a damn. but if people dont im just saying i wouldnt be suprised. period. L2READ.

and for the record i still play SCV probably about 5+ hours a week despite my feelings about its lack of support, imbalance, and any other issues i have with it. as i said before im a soul calibur fanatic. that doesnt stop me from viewing the game in a realistic light in the least. some people could learn from that. loving a game doesnt mean you cant evaluate it with a critical eye! and another thing. selling 1 million copies in this day and age is generally considered a failure. it is not that many these days. tomb raider just sold what? 4-5 million and its still considered unsuccessful in relative terms. companies all want WoW/call of duty type sales whether its realistic or not and for a game thats not even coming close and was already being thought of being cut out altogether..well i hope you catch my drift.

Any idea if the downloadable version will use the same game data as the disk version? I'd like to save me the hassle of changing disks, but I don't want lose my data.

selling 1 million copies in this day and age is generally considered a failure. it is not that many these days. tomb raider just sold what? 4-5 million and its still considered unsuccessful in relative terms.
Do you want to compare sales of a fighting game to a AAA game?
Compare with other fighting games.

Many games of this genre were released in 2012, it explains the number of sales. Taking this into consideration, Soul Calibur sold well.

maybe you should actually read what i wrote instead of jumping to conclusions.

FIRSTLY. i never claimed to be a marketing expert. i made a joke about them just now releasing the digital download edition. usually it's released much earlier, which people took more seriously than it was intended.
When you make an unfunny joke, learn to grow thicker skin because you're going to hear about it. If you overreact so much, making jokes isn't for you.

SECONDLY. where did i EVER make ANY statement that even remotely wanted to convince others to or not to buy said digital edition one way or another?? if people buy it, great! perhaps they can use that money and make us a SC thats worth a damn. but if people dont im just saying i wouldnt be suprised. period. L2READ.
negativity from whining kills interest. Come on mr. marketing genius I don't need to spell that out for you.

.. really. Can you stop trying to backpedal by using unreadably long rantings to disguise that you didn't have a solid point to begin with ? You really think the budget for a game like tomb raider and SC5 is the same ? They are completely different genres. By you saying SC5 wasn't successful without any sort of empirical evidence until now, really confirms what I was saying about you earlier.

and for the record i still play SCV probably about 5+ hours a week despite my feelings about its lack of support, imbalance, and any other issues i have with it. as i said before im a soul calibur fanatic. that doesnt stop me from viewing the game in a realistic light in the least. some people could learn from that. loving a game doesnt mean you cant evaluate it with a critical eye!
Imbalance?
and another thing. selling 1 million copies in this day and age is generally considered a failure. it is not that many these days. tomb raider just sold what? 4-5 million and its still considered unsuccessful in relative terms. companies all want WoW/call of duty type sales whether its realistic or not and for a game thats not even coming close and was already being thought of being cut out altogether..well i hope you catch my drift.
Ugh. You argue like you play.

Sales didn't end with the shipping of a disc. People paid for the DLC as well. The game probably turned Namco a decent profit. Given the game's development time and all it probably would've been considered a bomb had it sold 250k. Not one million.

Tomb Raider had hollywood actors etc all getting dumped into it. Its budget was massive.

This is like comparing El mariachi to Ishtar.

Look. We can argue forever about what sales numbers of SCV mean or dont mean for the future of the franchise. all im saying is based on the fact that SCV almost wasnt made at all, and what happened after it finally was made, lead me to believe there wont be a SCVI.

that's my opinion... im sure nobody wants to hear that, and thats fine. honestly i hope im wrong but personally i just dont see it happening.

personally, i'd have rather seen the effort put into a PSvita port, but this is still good news. one less reason to burn out the blu-ray on my netflix machine.

and why, again, are we arguing about sales numbers? oh wait, we aren't anymore.

No need to pay heed to the negative fiends, guys. Let them weep.

I say some news is better than no news. Some may their doubts as do I, but I strongly urge to stay classy and show Namco we care about this series.

For starters, CAS DLC with some patching is enough to get my casual interest as will it do to many like me. My hardcore interest? Well that's where I'm counting on you tourney players to keep going out there to rep hard. Make me say I'm proud that this community has perseverance like I do.

No need to pay heed to the negative fiends, guys. Let them weep.

I say some news is better than no news. Some may their doubts as do I, but I strongly urge to stay classy and show Namco we care about this series.

For starters, CAS DLC with some patching is enough to get my casual interest as will it do to many like me. My hardcore interest? Well that's where I'm counting on you tourney players to keep going out there to rep hard. Make me say I'm proud that this community has perseverance like I do.
why aren't you saying that already? we tried hard to keep SCV going as long as we could.

why aren't you saying that already? we tried hard to keep SCV going as long as we could.

You make it sound as though SCV was a fail despite our best efforts. The question is: what can you do to help make it better and how will you do it?

I'm just gonna be here unconditionally to assist peeps here in 8wayrun CAS while doing me. If I'm not here to contribute anything besides showing doubt, then I have no reason to flaunt that I haven't given up on SC series yet.

No offense, it appears some bad apples show their true colors when someone as I is passionate about something. That's okay though, I'll just acknowledge them and move on.

Actually, upon seeing the actual numbers presented by T.Rex, I can't help but think SCV did pretty damn good all things considered, and here's why.

- SCV did come out long before TTT2, but SC has always been less popular than Tekken. If the numbers were adjusted to where they would theoretically be were they released at the same time, SCV would definitely be behind TTT2 here, but we'd likely only be looking at 10% less sales than TTT2.
- This doesn't count DLC sales. SCV has a crapload of paid DLC, and TTT2 has precisely one piece of paid dlc: the online pass. The online passes were free to those who bought new; only those who bought used had to buy the passes. When you factor in DLC purchases, SCV has potentially seen dramatically more financial success than TTT2.
- And one last thing... SCV still has people playing online. TTT2's global colosseo rooms were completely and utterly empty on like week 3.

they realize the game is dead because of their inaction BUT THEY WANT MOAR MONIES!!! i think this is rather hilarious to be honest. who's with me?
The game is dead because people would rather bitch on forums than show up to tourneys to support.

The game is dead because people would rather bitch on forums than show up to tourneys to support.
but what about people that did show up for many tourneys and bitch about the game anyway? not saying that's me.

but i've shown up to every tourney in SoCal for SC5 up until SCR. and i still just didn't find it as fun and entertaining as when it first came out of with SC4. but to make that statement that you lump people in a category just rubbed me the wrong way.

Live streams

3 Viewers
아메이카
아메이카
[(kor/jpn)] 살아있습니다

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members